Fpse for Android News

User avatar
gatwon
Member
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:47 pm
Primary Device: Milestone2/Xperia Play@1024GHz
Operating System: Android 2.2/2.3.3
Location: Brazil

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby gatwon » Tue May 31, 2011 1:33 pm

rconnor33 wrote:My bad - I read an article (Engadget I think) that said that all emulators had been removed from the market and the developer accounts suspended. Turns out that by 'all emulators' it meant 'all xxxOID emulators' and was referring to one account (yongzh's). So Gensoid/SNESoid, N64oid, etc. have gone. I seriously hope that FPSE doesn't follow, it works so well and seems under constant development.


this is really true, all emulators Yongzhou's were withdrawn from the market 'cause I think it does for iphone applications also result in the google removed all the applications he made to the android.

phrozen087
Junior Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:33 pm
Primary Device: Droid 2
Operating System: Android 2.2
ROM: Liberty v1.5

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby phrozen087 » Tue May 31, 2011 4:05 pm

gatwon wrote:
rconnor33 wrote:My bad - I read an article (Engadget I think) that said that all emulators had been removed from the market and the developer accounts suspended. Turns out that by 'all emulators' it meant 'all xxxOID emulators' and was referring to one account (yongzh's). So Gensoid/SNESoid, N64oid, etc. have gone. I seriously hope that FPSE doesn't follow, it works so well and seems under constant development.


this is really true, all emulators Yongzhou's were withdrawn from the market 'cause I think it does for iphone applications also result in the google removed all the applications he made to the android.


Apologies for getting off topic with my post, but maybe this can help clear up some of the confusion. The dev Robert Broglia recently posted up a bunch of emulators (one such is https://market.android.com/details?id=com.explusalpha.Snes9x&feature=search_result) and in his description he says "Beware of Market apps using Snes9x commercially under different names (SNesoid, Tiger SNES, and many others). Snes9x has a non-commercial use license and these apps cannot legally be sold or force you to view ads".

I can't speak for the validity of this statement as honestly I don't know, but I have heard a lot of rumors circulating that many of the current emulators (including the oid emus) were made using open source code and then were being sold for profit. It is possible that the emulators may not be a "google is removing emus because they don't like them" but instead it kindof appears as if the original devs who made these emus filed complaints with google over the open source projects being sold on the market. Like I said, this is only speculation, but this could be the reason FPSE hasn't had troubles. I am almost positive the FPSE project doesn't violate anything and therefore google would have no reason to remove it.

Like I said, I don't know if this is universally applicable to all the emus removed, and personally I liked yongzhs apps and will buy them from slideME if he does release updates, but maybe this type of thing has stuff to do with it.

rconnor33
Junior Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 11:10 am
Primary Device: Xperia PLAY
Operating System: Android 2.3.2
ROM: Stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby rconnor33 » Tue May 31, 2011 4:15 pm

phrozen087 wrote:
gatwon wrote:
rconnor33 wrote:My bad - I read an article (Engadget I think) that said that all emulators had been removed from the market and the developer accounts suspended. Turns out that by 'all emulators' it meant 'all xxxOID emulators' and was referring to one account (yongzh's). So Gensoid/SNESoid, N64oid, etc. have gone. I seriously hope that FPSE doesn't follow, it works so well and seems under constant development.


this is really true, all emulators Yongzhou's were withdrawn from the market 'cause I think it does for iphone applications also result in the google removed all the applications he made to the android.


Apologies for getting off topic with my post, but maybe this can help clear up some of the confusion. The dev Robert Broglia recently posted up a bunch of emulators (one such is https://market.android.com/details?id=com.explusalpha.Snes9x&feature=search_result) and in his description he says "Beware of Market apps using Snes9x commercially under different names (SNesoid, Tiger SNES, and many others). Snes9x has a non-commercial use license and these apps cannot legally be sold or force you to view ads".

I can't speak for the validity of this statement as honestly I don't know, but I have heard a lot of rumors circulating that many of the current emulators (including the oid emus) were made using open source code and then were being sold for profit. It is possible that the emulators may not be a "google is removing emus because they don't like them" but instead it kindof appears as if the original devs who made these emus filed complaints with google over the open source projects being sold on the market. Like I said, this is only speculation, but this could be the reason FPSE hasn't had troubles. I am almost positive the FPSE project doesn't violate anything and therefore google would have no reason to remove it.

Like I said, I don't know if this is universally applicable to all the emus removed, and personally I liked yongzhs apps and will buy them from slideME if he does release updates, but maybe this type of thing has stuff to do with it.


If this is true then it sounds like things could get a bit messy. Hopefully FPSE survives and the dev can continue his awesome work. Solve the Tenchu 2 Stealth kills glitch and I'll donate £5GBP - and yes, you may quote me on that.

suavethekid
Member
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:31 am
Primary Device: Galaxy note 2, Motorola Xoom
ROM: Blazer rom, Tiamat

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby suavethekid » Tue May 31, 2011 5:19 pm

Ok guys off topic yes but its related so yongz released all his emulators on slideme for free right now. Hes always been a good dev in my eyes in still awaiting the new n64oid. Guy above me 5 euors or whatever...quit being cheap its funny schtruck got eboot working I hope it was just to spite the naysayers. I cant wait for this update this is one of the most important ones ever to me need to change disk in like 3 rpgs and that eboot is going to allow for like 4 or 5 more games on my nexus. I hope its like fpsece where the eboots run extra well. Schtruck=the man

fezzzzzzzza
Junior Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 4:40 pm
Primary Device: desire hd
Operating System: android
ROM: stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby fezzzzzzzza » Tue May 31, 2011 5:23 pm

crualfoxhound wrote:@fezzzzzzzza

Strange way to do it. Just convert img file on its own
You should have a bin,cue file just from img File
plus knock off spy sync.

That's the correct way to convert to bin,cue.

And don't forget to play of cue files that's very important.

Catch ya later.



cool i got it now, i was just being thick.

thanks very much for your help. :D

User avatar
crualfoxhound
Addict
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:19 pm
Primary Device: Galaxy S7
Operating System: Android 7.0
ROM: Galaxy S7 SM-G930F

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby crualfoxhound » Tue May 31, 2011 5:27 pm

@fezzzzzzza

You welcome
Did it fix sound on wipeout 2097 for you.

Catch ya later.
Galaxy S7

Krislawl
Junior Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 1:04 am
Primary Device: Motorola Droid

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Krislawl » Tue May 31, 2011 6:14 pm

oh i jizzed hardcore, eboot support and all the other fixes for the next release? that's great. aww yeaaaaaah

fezzzzzzzza
Junior Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 4:40 pm
Primary Device: desire hd
Operating System: android
ROM: stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby fezzzzzzzza » Tue May 31, 2011 6:15 pm

crualfoxhound wrote:@fezzzzzzza

You welcome
Did it fix sound on wipeout 2097 for you.

Catch ya later.



just tested it and still the same, sounds very strange and ridgeracer has no sound.

eboot.pbp needs to be supported then i wouldnt have these issues at all.

jcsix
Junior Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 9:17 pm
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby jcsix » Tue May 31, 2011 8:57 pm

Just alittle curious weather anyone else has played a game where it will randomly close the eumlator down completly? Not sure if its a bad bin/cue but it happens around the same time.

suavethekid
Member
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:31 am
Primary Device: Galaxy note 2, Motorola Xoom
ROM: Blazer rom, Tiamat

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby suavethekid » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:11 am

im guessing bad iso, or maybe weird settings when i was playing alunda with spu sync on sometimes between screens it would just go black and freeze


Return to “News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest