PSX4Droid (Android PSX Emulator) is out and it's great...

A place for forum members to chat about whatever they please (within reason... Keep it clean guys).
i900frenchaddict
Global Moderator
Primary Device: Galaxy Note 4

Re: PSX4Droid (Android PSX Emulator) is out and it's great..

Postby i900frenchaddict » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:02 pm

xmfreak wrote:Anyways he already released v1.1 and I hope they will be updating it often.

Let's hope there will be many updates, because one more compatible game almost means one update with Zodttd's programming technic.

So let's wait for v3.3.0 to have a good compatibility :D

But having colin mcrae rally 2 working is not that bad indeed, I'm really not sure it was previously working on iphone releases of this emu

What could be a good test would be to try games that are NOT Final fantasy, wipeout, tekken or destruction derby, but something like GT2, Tomb Raider, need for speed, worms, Medievil, Soul Raver and some "rare" games, etc, I mean not the usual PSX4iphone games we can watch hundreds times on youtube.

Thus you'll may convince me Zodttd made something better than what he did in the past (actually, I really don't want to buy this emu to try it myself on my HD2 running Android, that would be too weird for me to do so loooooooool son I'm waiting and looking for feedbacks)

KowboyBebop
Addict
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: 6.5.X
ROM: Laurentius26 HD2 [LEO] V3 WWE Ultimate serie

Postby KowboyBebop » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:50 pm

Actually "rare" games looks to not play. But I cant say for sure, because all my hames are PocketISO compressed wich PSX4Droid doesnt like =)
New All-in-1 Pack
HTC HD 2 / HTC LEO // 8GB microSD class6 // ROM: EnergyROM GTX
FPSeCE Download | FPSeCE Complete How To Guide | Request new version
HolyShit! It's BeefSupreme!

i900frenchaddict
Global Moderator

Postby i900frenchaddict » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:48 am

so rendering XAstreams must take a big bunch of ressources if PSX4droid doesn't like pocketIso?

KowboyBebop
Addict
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: 6.5.X
ROM: Laurentius26 HD2 [LEO] V3 WWE Ultimate serie

Postby KowboyBebop » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:59 pm

Probably. Cant tell you as I tried and failed only mine PocketISO compressed games. I didnt investigate more into it, as I'm not really interested in it now (still got winmo with the best FPSEce)
New All-in-1 Pack
HTC HD 2 / HTC LEO // 8GB microSD class6 // ROM: EnergyROM GTX
FPSeCE Download | FPSeCE Complete How To Guide | Request new version
HolyShit! It's BeefSupreme!

Therev
Primary Device: HTC Incredible / Omnia I910
ROM: CM7

Postby Therev » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:00 am

lPocket iso compressed FF9 was the only game that worked for me. Everything I have tried with IceTea has worked great. Better speed and compatibility. Works for psx4 droid like pocket iso and Fpsece Here is a link If anyone wants a better experience

http://www.brothersoft.com/games/icetea.html

i900frenchaddict
Global Moderator

Postby i900frenchaddict » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:38 am

So....
I've tried PSX4Droid on my HD2 running Android.

I suppose that's not fair to try it with a WinMo device running Android :D

I tried Ridge Racer type 4, It was working, the sound was choppy and it was slow (I would say some 25 or 30 max Fps in game, I wonder if an HTC Desire or else can do much better??)

I'm pretty sure it uses GDI mode and its filtering possibilities, just like fpsece
And the two parts of the pad are not at the same level=> auto alignment problem?

Well, this emulator is better than what it was on iphone, but i reminds me fpsece 0.9.5 or previous versions, running on my i900 omnia

I'll try to test it on a real Android device

azzajess
Primary Device: OnePlus One
Operating System: Android 4.4.4
ROM: CyanogenMod 11

Postby azzajess » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:47 am

CloudStrife86 wrote:I'm migrating to Android when the next wave come out. I don't want to get the Desire or Xperia X10, because they'll be out of date in a couple of months. If PSX4Droid runs on the Desire, like FpseCE on the Omnia, then it will be faster than my X1 with FpseCE regardless.

This might be out of date and sorry to respond since its been a long time ago, you posted this but you could go for the google phone beacuse its using android... will i think anyway...

CloudStrife86
Global Moderator
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2

Postby CloudStrife86 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:44 am

azzajess wrote:This might be out of date and sorry to respond since its been a long time ago, you posted this but you could go for the google phone beacuse its using android... will i think anyway...

It's a decent phone, comparable in spec. to the X10, Desire and HD2. Only thing though, is it's quite a popular phone in my neck of the woods, and I prefer to get something that no one (or only a few people) have. Anyway, it'll be out of date by the time I upgrade. :)
Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

xmfreak

Postby xmfreak » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:42 pm

I would wait now that some high-specs android phones are showing themselves on the horizon. Dual-core phones will be ready for release at the end of the year or beggining of the next.
My FPSEce WQVGA & WVGA Skin: Click here for download links : )
FF7 video on Xperia (overclock) Click here

i900frenchaddict
Global Moderator

Postby i900frenchaddict » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:38 pm

As well as HTC HD3 ^^

Always the same story, more powerful devices, etc
What is sure is that PSX emulation will be full speed on Android just like it is on an HD2 within one year, just the compatibility will surely remain bigger for fpsece, and also all its config possibilities maybe

Will next step be a N64 emulation fight? Or a dreamcast one? Or will openGL es games on windows phone 7 compete with android ones??

Return to “Off-Topic”