Can you send savestate just before i can see this slowdown in soft hd mode

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby schtruck » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:51 am

ok i found the reason of slowdown in HD software mode. i'm fixing it now.

rufufu
Primary Device: Nexus 5

Postby rufufu » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:53 pm

Hello,

I have a savestate to expose a problem with ff9 (I'm playing with the french version with paradox patch, don't know if it's relevant) : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5TOI4 ... sp=sharing

I use opengl plugin with frameskip. When I load the game, it is very smooth (I've got 60 fps even without frameskip).

You can try to go out of the castle on the worldmap, it is less smooth (it is normal, I have got 45 fps, that's why I have frameskipping). Make a battle, and then go back in the castle of Lindblum. It is not smooth at all, but if i remove frameskip in the option, it runs at 60fps. Is it normal? It happens with all GLboost options.

There is another issue, that happens even without frameskip. In some place of lindlblum, especially where there is a "taxair" (word in the french location, don't know the name in english), when I go there after a short session of playing, I have a massive slowdown (from 60 fps to sometimes 10 fps). If I make a savestate, quit the game, and the reload the savestate, it runs normally at 60 fps. It seems to be not related to framelimit, because it happens even without framelimit.

Can you help me with that?

nordikwolf
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE 4G
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock 4.4.2 KitKat

Postby nordikwolf » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:57 pm

I've sent you my email. Waiting for the test version.

Sotn2
Primary Device: Xperia Play

Postby Sotn2 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:03 pm

Hi. Been playing latest version and quite a bit of slow down now on Xperia Play - happens every few seconds and tried low end device profile with no change. Games tested were Ridge Racer, Symphony of the Night and Road Rash.

Also a small problem I've noticed: when using special screen size at 4:3 ratio, it becomes stretched to widescreen if you load a different game without fully exiting FPSE. Thanks.

sananeyavrum
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: OnePlus One 64G
Operating System: Android 4.4
ROM: CM11S

Postby sananeyavrum » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:36 pm

@schtruck

can you please help me with my "scanning storages" issue where it is stuck at 0%?

I have posted it on page 650 fyi

thank you

nordikwolf
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE 4G
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock 4.4.2 KitKat

Postby nordikwolf » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:57 pm

Yeah the sound is better now but the game still lags a little with Frameskipping in OpenGL mode. The previous version was faster.

Elwood
Primary Device: SAMSUNG S3
Operating System: Android Jelly Bean
ROM: Stock

Postby Elwood » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:03 pm

vlad-srb wrote:I understand your frustration but there is no need for cynicism. FPse had lots of changes recently, and of course, changes besides improvements can/does also bring bugs.
Since Schtruck code/develop it alone its hard to keep an eye on everything and he needs lots feedbacks from betatesters which isnt happening, sadly.... From arround 60 betatesters signed, only 2-3 sends feedbacks regulary...

There's also lots of pressure from users to make it faster, add this, add that, and thats how FPse gets more buggy in time. I've suggested him to stop adding new features, instead, deal with known bugs. But bugs arent easy to fix . Sometimes they can be fixed fast, sometimes can take months.

And, of course, there comes menus 'labyrinth' problem. Complete menu redisign is planned, but after known bugs are fixed.
Therefore i ask from You, users and betatesters to help and provide feedbacks when Schtruck sends you beta or releases new versions.

OK then... let's start with this one... the good ole' "cannot download plugins, check your (working otherwise perfectly) internet connection". Happens with the latest update on my Xperia Play (has been working properly with several previous updates), but DOES NOT happen on my Samsung S3. Deleted data, reinstalled, no joy.

And I believe I've seen the "all white textures" opengl bug once or twice. The game was Disruptor.

Getting back to the subject of fpse development - come on, the speed is not fpse's problem, quite the contrary in fact, it runs fine IF YOU GET IT TO RUN. I think the problem is trying to push the program to its limits without fixing the bugs first. The menu being number 1 ;).

Akademicks
Primary Device: HTC One Max
Operating System: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
ROM: Rooted Stock Sense 6.0 ROM

Postby Akademicks » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:10 pm

Hey Schtruck, my cousin installed the app today and he gets the "scanning storage" on his screen for about 45 secs and he gets mad at me when it happens. :lol:

He has a LG Optimus L90 4.4 Kit Kat Stock Rom.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:32 pm

for people who have scanning storage freeze, send me the file /sdcard/fpse.txt pleas, to fix the problem after you have to clear data of FPse application and when FPse ask to scan all storage press no nd choose the directory it will scan, the one where you storage PS game.

@Elwood, the download plugins problem happenend on my Xplay too, but it was because Xplay has no internal storage nd my Phone was plugged to my PC in storage mode so the SDcard wasn't available.... it's not a bug, it's just a wrong message, i should check return code and print different message for such case.

Return to “News”