Fpse for Android News

Bigfan
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Bigfan » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:47 am

Hi, I don´t understand how the low latency audio plugin exactly works. I downloaded it and extracted to the root of my internal SD. Then I deleted the FPSE data and restarted the app.
The problem is I don´t see any new option. The only thing that seems to be the right option is "audio latency level" BUT that is already inclusive since couple of months. So how can I check or at least be sure that the new plugin was activated because there is still a sound latency problem in the most of the games (appr. 1 sec)?

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:19 am

it's simple, if After reset settings from FPse, when you restart FPse won't download plugins, this mean it found well plugins from internal storage. you see?

Bigfan
Fresh Fish
Operating System: Android

Postby Bigfan » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:57 am

Thx, after I put the plugin folder to my external SD it works! Because I use Link2SD to move the most apps to SD, i had to copy the plugins to SD and not into the internal memory.
Now i have the feeling, the sound latency is really lower.

igor_anta
Operating System: Android 4.1.2
ROM: SlimBean

Postby igor_anta » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:34 am

Sorry if I repeat myself, but what about the Xperia Play start and select button issue?

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:55 am

Got a the new galaxy note 3 SM N9005 its a awesome device. Plays fpse with software rendering perfectly. Opengl plugin needs Frame skip though without 30fps with 60fps due to adreno 330 gpu in device. But if anyone plays metalgearsold using opengl plugin and wants to use stealth suit. It works very well compared to 6fps on my old expos galaxy note 2.

Shtruck with frame limiter on and frameskip on. It's full 60fps but it jitters badly. Can we have a frameskip option so it's not so aggressive. Plus special frame Limiter is broken. It very jerky. Unusable.
Galaxy note 9 exynos

igor_anta
Operating System: Android 4.1.2
ROM: SlimBean

Postby igor_anta » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:58 pm

Just to report that once I returned to a stock based 2.3 Gingerbread rom the start and select buttons are working just fine. So it seems to be an Cyanogenmod 10/JB issue on the Xperia Play.

Keep up the good work, cheers!

brujo5
Primary Device: galaxy s4
Operating System: android
ROM: 4.2.2

Postby brujo5 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:02 pm

new update soon?

mikian
Primary Device: Galaxy ace

Postby mikian » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:36 am

crualfoxhound wrote:Shtruck with frame limiter on and frameskip on. It's full 60fps but it jitters badly. Can we have a frameskip option so it's not so aggressive. Plus special frame Limiter is broken. It very jerky. Unusable.

i have to agree about the aggresive frameskip (talking about the normal software mode), using the normal frameskip + framelimiter makes the game run at full 60fps but it cuts alot of frames most of the times making the emulation really hard to play >.< (as an example with all spyro games and specially toy story 2)

using any combination with the old framelimiter and/or old frameskip is useless because doing that, the emulation runs mostly at 32-40 fps

so is there a way to make it less agressive? or add some option dunno :P

thanks in advice ^^

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:18 am

guys, i'm back with somes good news.

i have fixed a bug when sdcard is scanned which caused crash.

i have passed many days to optimize the opengl plugin regarding the result on last s800 ... now it's much faster than with current plugin and i have modified the frameskipping to be less agressive, the result is very good.

i have another good idea to optimize the OpenGL plugin , more complex but doable, will work on it now.

Btw if you want to check this plugin, i think any platform will have opengl running much better with FPse than previously.

Here is the link: http://www.fpsece.net/pluginsoptimized.zip

unzip into your internal storage then run FPse then go to MISC menu and reset settings then restart fpse , it will handle the news plugins package.

give me feedback please.

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:43 am

schtruck wrote:guys, i'm back with somes good news.

i have fixed a bug when sdcard is scanned which caused crash.

i have passed many days to optimize the opengl plugin regarding the result on last s800 ... now it's much faster than with current plugin and i have modified the frameskipping to be less agressive, the result is very good.

i have another good idea to optimize the OpenGL plugin , more complex but doable, will work on it now.

Btw if you want to check this plugin, i think any platform will have opengl running much better with FPse than previously.

Here is the link: http://www.fpsece.net/pluginsoptimized.zip

unzip into your internal storage then run FPse then go to MISC menu and reset settings then restart fpse , it will handle the news plugins package.

give me feedback please.

thanks mukka. Awsome improvement with frameskip aggressiveness.

A little bit more tuning and it be amazing
Still slightly fast but much much smoother animation.
Galaxy note 9 exynos

Return to “News”