Primary Device: galaxy s 3
Operating System: android
ROM: stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby fpseFTW » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:24 am

mr schtruck

can you add a fast-forward feature

i want to play rpgs with x2 speed.

i have been playing x2 speed on ps1 emulator on my computer(by setting the fps to 100~120)

PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE :)

ps. sorry to hear the news :cry:

Daemonax
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note II
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock 4.1.1

Postby Daemonax » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:15 am

fpseFTW wrote:mr schtruck

can you add a fast-forward feature

i want to play rpgs with x2 speed.

i have been playing x2 speed on ps1 emulator on my computer(by setting the fps to 100~120)

I think that you can just disable the frame limiter to get a similar effect... I have no idea why anyone would want to play a game at that speed though..

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:00 am

To fastforward just press into the middle of the psx screen...

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4

Postby bluezeak » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:43 am

This is not he feature request forum - There's another thread for that.

Since we're talking about it though schtruck, it might be nice to be able to increase the fpslimit. You already have hat option in the misc menu, but it stops at 50 I think, and us designed to slow down games that run choppy with frameskip I think. If we want to play games fast when fps limiter is off it might be nice to set fps to 80 or 90 (or higher).

I didn't now about pushing the middle if the screen, thanks.

As to why you would want to play a game fast - turn based games, or games where you move around and you just want to move around faster.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

GITech
Primary Device: HTC ONE Max
Operating System: STOCK
ROM: STOCK

Postby GITech » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:10 pm

I'd like to see frame limiter options for 61 and 62 fps. I feel this will get rid of sound popping in FMV's. Grandia's opening FMV is the game I test that out on, and can really be noticed in the first 15 seconds when the camera is zooming in to the building as there is no loud instruments in the background noise yet.

Reply with a plus 1 if you like this idea too!

Thanks

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:30 pm

That seems like an issue with the audio plugin. Changing fps to fix audio may work, but that's not the correct way to address the problem don't think.

It seems like there may be a latency issue... Although latency usually makes the sound seem like it's skipping not popping... Schtruck spent a lot of time trying to fix his. Spu sync must be on. Then you can noble the latency option. Then in misc you should get the latency as low as you can. There's also the pics option which may assist (probably not).

As I reread your post I ser Thid I'd s FMV issue. Those can be difficult to address. I K ow in the opengl world a good number if the special fixes were for FMV's before the fix got rolled into the main code. Some of the special fixes are still for FMV's. The software emulation is really good, but i don't know if it has the FMV's perfect.

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:14 pm

Audio testing - is there a thread for audio testing? Specifically latency? I tested with Final Fantasy 7 and I got my latency down to 400 and it was still good. at about 2000 I noticed that the sound was about perfect

Also, ff7 testing with opengl plugins -
Schtruck do you have a profile for ff7? Everytime I restart the game the video options revert when I'm using opengl. Also, does your 'ff7 cursor fix' replace the 'adjust framebuffer access'? They seem do do the same thing I think. Or... You fix may stop the' battle swirl' completely while the buffer fix may try to actually fix it. It doesn't seem like the buffet fix does anything, but your fix is great.

Also, 'direct framebuffer access' - this is broken. It makes the cut scene run at full speed which is good. But the cut scene is all black - it shows no video.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:19 pm

I update fpse in few hours with plenty of fixes included mdf file support problem

Carter07
Primary Device: Acer Metal S120
Operating System: Android Gingerbread

Postby Carter07 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:21 pm

Thanks, will you also fix the problem of settings not sticking in MGS1 with Opengl?
you could force settings only at the first start of the game.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:52 pm

ok so let me delay a bit this update, i'm currently adding Unique OpenGL profile for each game. like that default profile will be loaded for few available profiles, others will take default profile (the one set from main menu), and then you'll be able to change opengl video options after.
have already finished this, but need more tests, expecially for options that request Restart.

Return to “News”