Android: Metal Gear Solid

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
shamma
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy s3
Operating System: Android 4.1.1 (JB)
ROM: Cyanogenmod10 preview8

Re: Android: Metal Gear Solid

Postby shamma » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:43 pm

ctiggerrun wrote:I am having a few problems with Metal Gear Solid (ntsc) and my Asus Transformer Prime, running Ice Cream Sandwich. The game runs well but there are graphical issues.

-The green codec numbers do not appear between the head screens.
-The green codec number area disappeared and turned into a white box after defeating Revolver Ocelot.
-Glow effects are not working on elevator buttons, you can seen the buttons, but they're not highlighting at all.
-Blur effects used on the Grey Fox ninja are not working, he just flickers in and out.

I've only gotten to the point where I have to contact Meryl, but that's what I've found so far. I have opengl installed but get the same results with that loaded or not. The game looks great with it on, by the way, so far this is a great emulator!

Hey man, how did you contact Meryl? I'm stuck and i cant even see the green codec numbers, so icant dial 140.15.....What did you do to solve this? Also, is this issue only specific to the NTSC version?

shamma
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy s3
Operating System: Android 4.1.1 (JB)
ROM: Cyanogenmod10 preview8

Postby shamma » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:57 pm

gillan_06 wrote:i'm onto psycho mantis and if i remember correctly you had to plug your pad into port 2 so how can i do this on my phone (if i can)

how did you get past the part where you have to contact Meryl via codec? Can you see the lime green codec numbers in the radio? Im using OpenGl and tried all the video settings but i cant see the numbers! IM STUCK!

ctiggerrun
Primary Device: Transformer Prime
Operating System: Android ICS

Postby ctiggerrun » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:53 pm

I haven't had any problems with the codecs in the latest versions. There are a few features that you need to enable in order for them to work. When I get home I'll post what I have checked off. Before this was fixed I actually just counted down, even though you can't see the numbers, you can hear them changing when you press the dpad left or right :)

Spets_Naz
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy SII GT-I9100
Operating System: Android
ROM: ICS I9100XXLPW

Postby Spets_Naz » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:02 am

Hi there,

I'm having trouble running Metal Gear Solid. The strange thing is that I already had it running with a previous release of FPSE. Now I want to play it connected to my tv. If I use software mode it runs but only if I use the disc 2 and this wasn't the case with a previous fpse.

Well I didn't get upset with using the disc 2 so I actually just wanted to run with opengl so it would look better. But for some reason I can't make it work. I tried almost everything but I actually am not being able to run the damn game.

I have a galaxy S2 wich seems to run every stuff pretty well from what I've seen in my search...

Does anyone have the same phone with ICS offiicial and could share the settings? Could it be because of the BIOS? I'm having trouble because FPSE is asking me for the bios a few times when I start it.

Thanks

Return to “Game-Specific Help”