Fpse for Android News

helloworld
Primary Device: Xperia Play

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby helloworld » Wed May 09, 2012 1:22 am

Hi. I have registered just so I can make one comment.

I have Xperia Play and the O button for the actual pad hasn't been working for the last few updates. The last one that was working was 11.18 and ever since I updated from that, every new version has not been supporting the O button. Whenever I press it, it just goes to the menu. I've even tried assigning it in the configuration, but it still does not work. It only opens the menu. Every other buttons seem to work fine, but the O refuses to work. It would be great if you could fix this since the newer version seems much better, but I rather play it on the actual pad instead of the touch screen.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Wed May 09, 2012 10:50 am

Your xperia play has surely an unknown device ID ? do you know which one?

helloworld
Primary Device: Xperia Play

Postby helloworld » Wed May 09, 2012 2:38 pm

schtruck wrote:Your xperia play has surely an unknown device ID ? do you know which one?

Ah thank you. I figured it out after your comment. I've been messing around with my device ID to purchase different region programs from the android market (since the android market is region blocked). Before I used the Japanese Sharp device ID and it wasn't working. When I reverted back to my Verizon xperia play again, it's working perfectly fine. Thank you! :D

ArcticZero
Primary Device: Samsung i9100
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: CyanogenMod 9 (Latest Nightly)

Postby ArcticZero » Wed May 09, 2012 6:48 pm

Update: I tried using both WiFi and 3G, but I still can't download the OpenGL plugin. Wiped CM9 and flashed stock ROM to no avail. And like I said in my previous post, copy/pasting a manually downloaded copy of the plugin doesn't work for me. :(

leon22heart
Primary Device: sony xperia neo with cm9
Operating System: android 4.0.4 cm9
ROM: fxp hallon cm9

Postby leon22heart » Wed May 09, 2012 10:08 pm

helloworld wrote:
schtruck wrote:Your xperia play has surely an unknown device ID ? do you know which one?

Ah thank you. I figured it out after your comment. I've been messing around with my device ID to purchase different region programs from the android market (since the android market is region blocked). Before I used the Japanese Sharp device ID and it wasn't working. When I reverted back to my Verizon xperia play again, it's working perfectly fine. Thank you! :D

Amazing.Thanks to this post it struck me to use market unlocker to change market to verizon usa and i managed to activate it .Its seems the google play market has trouble to activate if the phone thinks you are not in usa

leon22heart
Primary Device: sony xperia neo with cm9
Operating System: android 4.0.4 cm9
ROM: fxp hallon cm9

Postby leon22heart » Wed May 09, 2012 10:11 pm

And one bug i noticed , legend of dragoon using opengl when starting a battle the fps drop to 2-3 making it unplayable.Used offscreen with alpha multipass and others combinations but havent manage to make it work

vendettared
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S SHW-M100S
Operating System: Android
ROM: Gingerbread.VJ04

Postby vendettared » Thu May 10, 2012 11:24 pm

Hey everyone, would someone kindly tell me their configuration (eg offscreen drawing, frameskip, etc) in getting FFVIII work properly in a Samsung Galaxy S (SHW-MS001) with Opengl plugin?

Or is the CONFIG irrelevant and it has something to do with my device? (See specs below)

CPU 1 GHz (ARM Cortex A8)
GPU 200 MHz PowerVR SGX 540
Memory 512 MB RAM

My primary problem here is that the game is too slow when I set ADVANCED BLENDING on which I have to, to fix the horrible texture animations, the whole screen is seriously a mess (even without it, the game is slow in FIGHT scenes). Ive heard that Samsung Galaxy 2's Mali400 GPU has intrinsic problems with FPSE but I use Samsung Galaxy S, not II (and I tried anyway, didnt work. still slow).

By the way, FFVIII works great in SOFTWARE plugin (with my only config set is FRAMELIMITER and SPUSYNC) but its pixelated and I wanted to experience the game in the best animation it could offer.

The same thing applies to Tekken 3, slow with OPENGL plugin. I appreciate anyones assistance.

tony
Primary Device: xperia play

Postby tony » Fri May 11, 2012 12:50 pm

so ive downloaded today on andriod, ripped my game to iso etc etc.. opened fpsece selected my bios selected my iso and all that happens is that i get taked to the cd player screen heeeeeeeeeellllllp lol
PS3 - USEYOURFIST

Badingerz
Primary Device: Asus TF101
Operating System: Android
ROM: stock

Postby Badingerz » Fri May 11, 2012 3:37 pm

My sentiments goes w/ u vendettared! I too experience lag and sound out of sync while in OpenGL. I hope an update would fix this issue so everything would run smoothly on this mode.

And since this is a feedback section, I would like to ask how do I get force feedback to work w/ my controller? I have already set force feedback level to high and still I get no vibration. Is my controller not compatible or are there any options that I can do to fix this? Pls help a noob that has been neglected on this issue :cry:

schtruck I need you!!! I'm so desperate! :shock:

ArcticZero
Primary Device: Samsung i9100
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: CyanogenMod 9 (Latest Nightly)

Postby ArcticZero » Fri May 11, 2012 5:50 pm

ArcticZero wrote:I can't seem to download the OpenGL plugin using the app. Purchased yesterday and tried the option under Misc, and it says "Error downloading, check your internet connection". However my WiFi is on, and I do have Internet. Tried downloading the plugin manually from the second post, and putting it under /data/data/com.emulator.fpse/files/plugin (I think that's the folder, at least) but it didn't work either. :(

Anyone else have this problem?

Anyone?.. :?

Return to “News”