Fpse for Android News

Jaspu
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy SII

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Jaspu » Mon May 07, 2012 8:31 am

Hey, does anyone know why some of games lag on ICS but not on GB, any fix for this? Overclocking mali-400 to 400 mhz (stock 267 mhz) helps a little bit but games still perform better on GB with stock gpu clocks... Changing cpu clocks doesn't make a difference. So i guess its a gpu problem with ICS.
Also has anyone been able to play Lego Racers? When i select save state !!ERROR!! popups and tells me to clear memory or something.

And my phone is Samsung Galaxy S2.

Thanks

tagus
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock SE Xperia Play

Postby tagus » Mon May 07, 2012 10:19 am

Hi,

Posted this in another thread, but maybe this might be the best place to mention it, since it is related to the opengl plugin:

I'm experiencing a 'small' problem with the opengl plugin: it draws on the sides of the screen where it should be black.

Is this a known problem? Searched the forum but found no one complaining.
Is there any particular option I should use to make it go away? Tried several combinations of enabling/disabling options but nothing helped.

Other games also have this problem, but sometimes it goes away.

screenshots:
screenshot_2012-04-30_1156.gif
grandia with opengl full screen size
screenshot_2012-04-30_1156.gif (74.41 KiB) Viewed 15144 times

screenshot_2012-04-30_1152.gif
grandia with opengl original screen size
screenshot_2012-04-30_1152.gif (80.04 KiB) Viewed 15144 times

jako
Primary Device: Sony Arc
ROM: Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee

Postby jako » Mon May 07, 2012 12:22 pm

schtruck wrote:Don't forget to switch to Software gpu plugin and then reload it from MISC menu to update OpenGL plugin.

Switch to OpenGL plugin from Pete bernet by going to MISC menu and selecting download opengl plugin

FPse 0.11.23:
- Added full Phonejoy support with Bluez IME, automatically handled in Analog or Digital pad.
- Added support for the Docomo Xperia play
- Fixed timing, which make running FPse far smoother in software mode and in OpenGL mode.
By default FPse run in monocore, but you can uncheck option from system menu to switch to Multi core if your device has more than one core (Animation won't be as smoother as if monocore option is choosen, but framerate will be higher and Screen filtering will be possible in soft mode.
- Added new option from MISC menu to switch low profile to on/off on device running on android 3.0 and more, by default low profile is off.

Quit Fpse and restart to Apply change.

Ok, but the fix for Gametel? viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2950

Xandrex
Primary Device: Hp Touchpad
ROM: Cyanogenmod 9 nightly

Postby Xandrex » Mon May 07, 2012 7:18 pm

Just checking if I'm the only one that experienced a serious drop in FPS with Final Fantasy IX in OpenGL mode since version 19. I used to be able to get around it with frameskip allowing decent sound and not too heavy stuttering video, however now it's become unplayable.

Are there any specific options I need to activate (for now I'm running in dual core mode, with frameskip on, offscreen drawing for the menus and special framelimiter)? I'm on a Hp Touchpad on CM9 nightly and OC'd to 1,5 Ghz.

Apart from that, Ape Escape plays amazingly well in OpenGL mode, even more fun than on the PSX itself :-)

Greetz,

Xan

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Mon May 07, 2012 10:09 pm

i'm trying to fix the problem with the Mali400 now, but i'd like to know if somebody can tell me if Tekken3 make everything running even when bios was set, because on my G Note, i can run Tekken3 directly in bios mode, no need to run it in HLE, need to know if its the last changes i done on fpse who make the difference, or just my current work on the plugin.

IVPITER
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S2
ROM: Stock

Postby IVPITER » Tue May 08, 2012 6:04 am

get the same error in bios so that the tekken 3 hle

ArcticZero
Primary Device: Samsung i9100
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: CyanogenMod 9 (Latest Nightly)

Postby ArcticZero » Tue May 08, 2012 6:37 am

I can't seem to download the OpenGL plugin using the app. Purchased yesterday and tried the option under Misc, and it says "Error downloading, check your internet connection". However my WiFi is on, and I do have Internet. Tried downloading the plugin manually from the second post, and putting it under /data/data/com.emulator.fpse/files/plugin (I think that's the folder, at least) but it didn't work either. :(

Anyone else have this problem?

molitar
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Sprint SG3 (Adreno 225)
ROM: FreeGS3 v0.1.0

Postby molitar » Tue May 08, 2012 6:55 am

Well I updated my EVO 3D to an ICS core and I find that the graphics for the elements screen in Chrono Cross behave much better.. still a bit messed up with repeated text boxes if I do not use the option offscreen drawing. What exactly does offscreen drawing do? Also performance seems a bit better also..

EVO 3D CDMA
CleanROM ICS HTC Sense removed

And performance is better and graphics working better with the elements screen now.

norin
Primary Device: Padfone
ROM: stock + root

Postby norin » Tue May 08, 2012 3:09 pm

schtruck wrote:i'm trying to fix the problem with the Mali400 now, but i'd like to know if somebody can tell me if Tekken3 make everything running even when bios was set, because on my G Note, i can run Tekken3 directly in bios mode, no need to run it in HLE, need to know if its the last changes i done on fpse who make the difference, or just my current work on the plugin.

I can't run tekken 3 directly in bios mode, must run hle mode first. What about slowdown on Vagrant Story and other games?

Rotkaeqpchen
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Motorola Droid 3
ROM: Stock 2.3.4

Postby Rotkaeqpchen » Tue May 08, 2012 8:59 pm

Hi schtruck,

I can confirm that the sound timing in ff ix is now very good, but as soon as you load a savestate from quicksave, the sound timing gets bad again, and does not get well. Hope this information is helpful. I am playing in softwaremode, monocore, framelimit, no framskip.

Greetings.

Return to “News”