What do some of the settings generally do?

jakan
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android

What do some of the settings generally do?

Postby jakan » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:54 am

First off, loving this emulator, you guys have doing a great job with it.

I'm curious as to what some of the system settings specifically do. Dual Core boost is self-explanatory. What about Thread priority and Boost mode? Especially the latter. Is it true that it overclocks the phone (stupid question, the boost has to come from somewhere surely)? I don't know how overclocking works on phones; I've heard to take caution with it. Will it fry my phone, or will it just use more battery power?

If you don't mind me asking, which of these will heavily affect performance speed: Skipfix, Screenfiltering, Fastdraw, Enhanced 3D rendering?

Lastly, what's the difference between the Frameskip under Video, and the Frameskip level under Misc? One just defines the other?

Thanks!

storm20200
Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1

Re: What do some of the settings generally do?

Postby storm20200 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:23 am

The readme is here http://www.fpsece.net/readme.html

Different settings do different things and I am not experienced to answer your questions in depth but offscreen drawing allows the windows in battles to be drawn and such. If.something is missing from a game chances are one of the options will make it appear properly.
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

Return to “General Discussion”