schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby schtruck » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:50 am

Somes good news,

While waiting for LDchen's work delivery which will make compatibility growing up another time, i was working on OpenGL plugin.

My work has well progressed, and actually i can say that it run very well. Enoughtly fast and if not the automatic frameskipping does its job. Graphically, even on my Asus Transformer (10") it's very impressive.
Actually Tegra2 gives the best result in term of speed and in 1280x720 (incredible) , but Adreno 205 run very well too (most of all games are full speed without frameskipping) . On Mali400 there is actually a problem i have to fix. I haven't tried on SGX540, but i think speed will be between Tegra2 and Adreno 205.

It stay now to implement onscreen button and all will be OK.

FPse support by default Software plugin as currently, and support the load of external OpenGL plugin . OpenGL plugin will be provided freely on http://www.fpsece.net and source will be downloadable because we aren't authors but just porters and optimizers .... :D

Rotkaeqpchen
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Motorola Droid 3
ROM: Stock 2.3.4

Postby Rotkaeqpchen » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:37 am

Schtruck! Nice to hear that.

I have a Droid 3 with OMAP4430 PowerVR 540. I could be testing it!

Contact me on Google.

I'd also like to provide a new Icon for FPSE, just tell me if you want one :)
Last edited by Rotkaeqpchen on Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr_President
Primary Device: Galaxy S II
Operating System: Android
ROM: MIUI official

Postby Mr_President » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:38 am

schtruck wrote:Somes good news,

While waiting for LDchen's work delivery which will make compatibility growing up another time, i was working on OpenGL plugin.

My work has well progressed, and actually i can say that it run very well. Enoughtly fast and if not the automatic frameskipping does its job. Graphically, even on my Asus Transformer (10") it's very impressive.
Actually Tegra2 gives the best result in term of speed and in 1280x720 (incredible) , but Adreno 205 run very well too (most of all games are full speed without frameskipping) . On Mali400 there is actually a problem i have to fix. I haven't tried on SGX540, but i think speed will be between Tegra2 and Adreno 205.

It stay now to implement onscreen button and all will be OK.

FPse support by default Software plugin as currently, and support the load of external OpenGL plugin . OpenGL plugin will be provided freely on http://www.fpsece.net and source will be downloadable because we aren't authors but just porters and optimizers .... :D

Sounds awesome! But I kinda figured that you'd have problems with the Mali chipset :(. Galaxy S2 is a superb phone, and imo still the best. Hope you can fix the problems :). Since OpenGL is gonna be through an external plugin... does this mean that we can use other plugins too? Like on a PC :).
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:56 pm

About mali400 problem i ll fix it don t worry. I have somes ideas.

And yes any other gpu plugin ported. Will work.

D69K
Enthusiast
Primary Device: HTC Sensation
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: Alfaifi Sensation XE 6.0.1

Postby D69K » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:01 pm

schtruck wrote:About mali400 problem i ll fix it don t worry. I have somes ideas.

And yes any other gpu plugin ported. Will work.

:)
does this new update include OGL that you talked about this morning, and the framelimiter fix ??
"Only strength can cooperate. Weakness can only beg" Dwight D. Eisenhowe
1890-1969, Thirty-fourth President of the USA <--- he also had a D like Monkey D. Luffy those guys are everywhere :lol:

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:07 pm

yes, i do my best to include OpenGL support for next update. (Perhaps Xmas before Xmas)

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:13 pm

schtruck wrote:yes, i do my best to include OpenGL support for next update. (Perhaps Xmas before Xmas)

Sounds amazing mate.
It be a god sent to have opengl support with fpse. Through mhl to HDMI
on TV.

Most appreciated
For all you time and hard work

Regards
Justin.
Galaxy note 9 exynos

illuminerdi
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android 2.3.7
ROM: CM7 / FreeXperia

Postby illuminerdi » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:47 pm

schtruck wrote:Somes good news,

Have you tested it yet on the Xperia Play?

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:14 pm

Yes Xperia play has an Adreno 205, and result is incredible... games are rendered in high res, 854x480, and texture are filtered, so GFX are lot Sharper and look like true ANdroid games...

illuminerdi
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android 2.3.7
ROM: CM7 / FreeXperia

Postby illuminerdi » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:17 pm

schtruck wrote:Yes Xperia play has an Adreno 205, and result is incredible... games are rendered in high res, 854x480, and texture are filtered, so GFX are lot Sharper and look like true ANdroid games...

This is fantastic news - I can't wait to see it in action on my Xperia, thank you so much for all the hard work! I'm anxiously awaiting the next version's release even more now!

I wish I could buy a second copy of FPSE just to show my thanks :)

Return to “News”