Showcase is incompatible with FpseCE 0.10!

Old threads
thekingevrock
Fresh Fish

Showcase is incompatible with FpseCE 0.10!

Postby thekingevrock » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:57 am

For anyone who cannot interact with the "Load CD ROM" page after launching FpseCE 0.10, try disabling/killing the Showcase Suite.

Also, if the program keeps quitting after 10 to 20 seconds, try turning off ARM compatibility in the fpse.ini file.
Edit: turning ARMCoreMMX off and not ARMCoreV5 also seemed to work, so experiment with both settings.

Hope these tips help.

P.S. I'm running an unlocked Xperia X1A with a 6.5.x ROM.
Last edited by thekingevrock on Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

b0z0k
Primary Device: HTC Universal - HTC Touch Pro
Operating System: WM 6.5.3 build 23569
ROM: Tomal 12.1

i second it

Postby b0z0k » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:41 am

i confirm this.. i'm running wm 6.5.1 for universal (dopod900) and the problem is the same with me..
In the select ISO screen, it freezes.. can't we use the old 0.96 iso selector? it worked fine last time i checked..

thekingevrock wrote:For anyone who cannot interact with the "Load CD ROM" page after launching FpseCE 0.10, try disabling/killing the Showcase Suite.

Also, if the program keeps quitting after 10 to 20 seconds, try turning off ARM compatibility in the fpse.ini file.

Hope these tips help.

P.S. I'm running an unlocked Xperia X1A with a 6.5.x ROM.

@ thekingevrock : how do you disable the showcase suite? sorry for the noob question :p

thekingevrock
Fresh Fish

Re: Showcase is incompatible with FpseCE 0.10!

Postby thekingevrock » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:01 am

You may not want to delete that startup item, as it can perform a necessary GUI position fix. What I do is use AE Button Plus to assign a key whose long press runs the ShowcaseSuite.lnk found in the Startup folder, and whose triple press launches FpseCE. That way I can easily disable Showcase before I want to play, and then reenable it once I'm done with the emulator (because that .lnk toggles between on and off).

b0z0k

Postby b0z0k » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:09 am

thekingevrock wrote:You may not want to delete that startup item, as it can perform a necessary GUI position fix. What I do is use AE Button Plus to assign a key whose long press runs the ShowcaseSuite.lnk found in the Startup folder, and whose triple press launches FpseCE. That way I can easily disable Showcase before I want to play, and then reenable it once I'm done with the emulator (because that .lnk toggles between on and off).

worked like a charm!

in my case, i just copied my showcase suite.lnk to \windows\startmenu\programs and then i mapped it to wm6.5 original buttons settings (start-setting-personal-buttons) because i dont have the AE button plus..

just one more bug though, using GFXDRV=4 (DirectX), the screen is off about 0.5 cm to the left and when i mapped my fpse PAD, i cant go back to main menu because the POWER button is off 0.5 cm to the left (off screen). is this because of the showcase suite being terminated? when im using GFXDRV=2 - GAPI for QVGA or something.. (originally picked when i installed it) this has no problem

but since DirctX is supposed to have more FPS., i would really like to use it..
Anyone having this same problems?

@thekingevrock : thx so much for the tip, is DirctX giving you the same problem?
@gera : do you have the same problems with directX to?

i900frenchaddict
Global Moderator
Primary Device: Galaxy Note 4

Postby i900frenchaddict » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:28 am

A complete post only with people trying, modifying things, communicated their results, and then getting to a solution, without any help from one of the testers (we are quite overloaded here lool)
:arrow: Thanks guys, you're great!!

(seriously thank for the small break you gave me, no I have some 20 pages of questions to read, so reading solutions was sooo sweet!!)

thekingevrock
Fresh Fish

Postby thekingevrock » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:31 pm

@thekingevrock : thx so much for the tip, is DirctX giving you the same problem?

Glad I could help, but the real inspiration for this fix came from Rafyvitto, who first mentioned the conflict with position fixing software.

Cannot confirm the DirectX issue, as my X1 does not seem to support it at all, failing to even display the control panel overlay when GFXDVR is set to 4. I use GFXDVR=3.

judic

Postby judic » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:45 pm

My HD2 doesn't support 4 (DirectX) either.

BTW, how about deinstalling Showcase and switching to the standart HTC Taskmanager? I don't know if you know that one, but I had it on my Polaris and it works on the HD2, too. Quite fingerfriendly and goodlooking, too.

I think you can find it on the xda boards. Dutty's Taskmanager or something like that.

@french: No, it's actually the other way round: YOU are great. There is no reason for you to feel forced to answer all those topics at all. I mean it's not like you are getting money for it or have some kind of obligation to do so, yet you do! ;)

i900frenchaddict
Global Moderator
Primary Device: Galaxy Note 4

Postby i900frenchaddict » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:17 pm

Thanks my friend, but yes, I have, I had the luck to beta test for months (from March actually) so I feel I must give something in return, I try to help as much as I can, I know it's a pain to deal with FpseCE, PocketIso, iso, etc at the beginning!

I may just seem to be sometimes...let's say stressed or argessive (not meant!!) in some posts because I write in a rush and answer maaany times the same question :lol:

Your HD2 refuses tu manage DirectX ??

Could you try this trick: got to the post where beta testers posted their fpse.ini, and take Q-ball's one, on first page
and try these settings:
ForceGDI=off
EnableLFB=off
ForceVGA=off
GfxDrv=4 or try 2 maybe

b0z0k

Postby b0z0k » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:56 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:Thanks my friend, but yes, I have, I had the luck to beta test for months (from March actually) so I feel I must give something in return, I try to help as much as I can, I know it's a pain to deal with FpseCE, PocketIso, iso, etc at the beginning!

I may just seem to be sometimes...let's say stressed or argessive (not meant!!) in some posts because I write in a rush and answer maaany times the same question :lol:

Your HD2 refuses tu manage DirectX ??

Could you try this trick: got to the post where beta testers posted their fpse.ini, and take Q-ball's one, on first page
and try these settings:
ForceGDI=off
EnableLFB=off
ForceVGA=off
GfxDrv=4 or try 2 maybe

it works! at least on my Universal (WM6.5.1 - 128 MBRAM - 624Mhz)
but i dont see any difference with LFB - QVGA (gfxdrv=2).. will continue on to exploring this driver further :)

@french or should i say TG01french? thanks for your never ending support for us noobs..
@ Judic : try disabling the showcase suit by finding showcase suite.lnk in windows root directory or in windows\startup.. then start fpseCE to try it out..
@thekingevrock :the problem with screen off by 0.5 cm is actually a problem with VGA skinning, not with directX.. after using French's fix in menu1, it works like a charm.

judic

Postby judic » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:46 pm

b0z0k wrote:
i900frenchaddict wrote:Could you try this trick: got to the post where beta testers posted their fpse.ini, and take Q-ball's one, on first page
and try these settings:
ForceGDI=off
EnableLFB=off
ForceVGA=off
GfxDrv=4 or try 2 maybe

it works! at least on my Universal (WM6.5.1 - 128 MBRAM - 624Mhz)
but i dont see any difference with LFB - QVGA (gfxdrv=2).. will continue on to exploring this driver further :)

@ Judic : try disabling the showcase suit by finding showcase suite.lnk in windows root directory or in windows\startup.. then start fpseCE to try it out..

Doesn't work on the HD2.

Thanks, but I never used Showcase in the first place. I only wanted to point out an alternative program.

Return to “Archives”