new phone - LG G3 - read only storage?

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

new phone - LG G3 - read only storage?

Postby bluezeak » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:10 am

I got a LG G3 today, with it's qualcomm 801 and adreno 330 at 578 MHz (a bit overclocked). It's has the "4k" HD screen (ridiculously high resolution - 1440 x 2560 pixels). As expected, 2d graphics look fairly poor - but not as bad as I expected. Still testing. 3D looks great.

Anyway - savestates and memory card access don't work. Trying to create a savestate gives an error. When I try to load a memory card it says the card in not format, and asks to format.

Savestate error:
"Saving error!!
retry to save and check free space on internal storage"

memory card error:
card not format

I took the SD card from my old phone and put it in my new phone. My new phone can read it fine. I use "ES File Explorer" and verifed that the files are not read-only.

I originally told FPSE to use the folder that was on the SD card. Then I copied the files to the local "SD" card (internal storage that is seen as an SD card). When I use the 'internal' memory for the savestate, AND the memory card - it works. So - the "internal" storage works. The external storage seems to be read only, or have some other issue.

I got a memory card manager, "PSX MC Manager", and it shows all my save games on those memory card files. But, for some reason, FPSE hates those memory card files that were on my SD card, even after I copy them to the 'internal' storage.

I copied the memory card files from my phone to my computer and used epsxe on the computer and the memory card files work.

Help? How can I get the memory card files and save states to work from my SD card?

For reference, my (external) SD card can be accessed via /storage/external_SD. It cannot be accessed via /mnt (which is how I accessed it on my old phone). FPSE can see the external storage ok though, and loads games (ROMs) ok.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: new phone - LG G3 - read only storage?

Postby bluezeak » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:04 am

on a side note, some thoughts about my new phone's performance (again this is the "4k" HD phone...

I've never used an Adreno 330 chipset before, so I don't know what to expect, or how it compares to others.

I tested Final Fantasy 7, 8, and 9 - just a couple battles on each, from my save game ~10 hours in on each. I played with the OpenGL plugin, that's the only test I did. I did one final test with Tekken 3 at the end.

I'm SHOCKED at how good it is. It's ... it's about perfect. The 3D is AMAZING. The 2D is not nearly as bad as I expected, but compared to the 3d it looks bad. I get 60 fps+. I have to use the limiter - in FF7 in the train station I was getting 90-240 fps. There's only very occasional slowdowns on specific special effects - a blip to 48 fps, then back to 60. Amazing. That said - the mist in the outter world slowed me down to 37fps. Tekken 3 - it was 58-61 fps in OpenGL, and 47-55 fps in Software HD.

Schrtruck - I don't know when you fixed the battle swirl and the other performance issue(s) on FF8 (I know it was quite a while ago now) - but good job. It was unusable before in OpenGL, now it's great.

Should I be using the Qualcomm fix in opengl, or is that for different qualcomm chipset? I'm not using it and it doesn't seem to be needed.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Return to “General Discussion”