Load fast saves files from my pc in my android??

danielsalazar14
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: huawei g510
Operating System: Android
ROM: V3x Gamer

Load fast saves files from my pc in my android??

Postby danielsalazar14 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:18 am

I dont know how can i load some fast saves that i did in my pc in a psx emulator.
I know that this files of the fast saves should be in a folder called sstates, so i toke the files of fast save from my pc and paste them into this folder on my cellphones sd but when i try to load them in my the fpse of my cellphone they are not showed into the list of files to open as fast load, it appears to be empty
HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

thefitz
Primary Device: OnePlus One A0001
Operating System: Android 5.0.2/CM12
ROM: This is for Android OS ROMs, not game ROMs.

Re: Load fast saves files from my pc in my android??

Postby thefitz » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:25 pm

You can move over memory cards from PC to android (just change the extension to what android is expecting), but I do not believe there's a way to port over save states. How an emulator saves a state is very specific to that emulator, as opposed to a memory card, which is a certain formatting.

Basically, just port over your memory card and continue on from your last real save.

Ramza
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: S4
Operating System: Android Kit Kat
ROM: FFTactics

Postby Ramza » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:42 am

I was very easily able to copy all my save states and games from my HTC OneX to my PC, then from my PC to my Asus Nexus Tablet. All of the save states worked, and it was awesome on the larger screen.

Now that I am returning to FPse I went to refresh my memory with said nexus tablet, and when I connect it to the computer .fpse is its own folder in the main directory sitting there smiling and waiting for me to come copy my save states and FFTactics back to my computer and then over to my Samsung S4.

The problem I am finding is that the Samsung S4 isn't so easy to find things on...

Tactics runs fine on the S4 and I can make new save states, but I was only doing this thinking that by creating a new save state I would be better able to find whereever the save state folder is on the S4, but this wasn't the case...

When I connect the S4 and try to browse it, there is basically nothing in any of the files that windows can see, I guess, and therefore I can't find/view the new save states anywhere, so I'm at a loss...

So in conclusion, it doesn't seem to be the android OS that is the problem here, as my HTC OneX and Asus Nexus 7 both have no issues here, where the Samsung S4 is a headache

Ramza
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: S4
Operating System: Android Kit Kat
ROM: FFTactics

Postby Ramza » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:21 am

Ok so after a little forum reading I've found that you need a rooted device to view the files to be able to see where the saved state folder is by browsing the device with a PC...

However, there is a work around that is working for my S4 and probably any android I'm guessing:

I dropped two folders named 'sstates' (containing all my old save states that are on my PC) and 'new sstates' (empty) into the com.emulator.fpse folder, although I don't think it matters where you drop the folder as long as you can find it in the following steps.

I loaded Tactics up, clicked the back button to bring up the menu > settings > misc > paths > select savestate path > android > data > com.emulator.fpse > files > 'sstates' (the one with my save states from my PC) at this point click OK. Navigate back to the Quick Load and your save states should be right there, although I noticed that on my S4 they have all 5 been automatically renamed to the current time and date, but they are there and they are working for me.

The new problem here is that .fpse isn't letting me save the game back to the 'sstates' folder, so after you get a save state running, click the back button to bring up the menu, and follow the above steps except instead of 'sstates' you should direct .fpse to path to 'new sstates' > click OK. Navigate back to the Quick Save menu and quick save to the new empty slot.

Since the 5 original save states now have the same name based on the time and date of the device, you need to load and resave them in the same order so you don't loose any.

Return to “General Discussion”