GAMETEL whit FPSE

takethree
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy Note
Operating System: Android

Re: GAMETEL whit FPSE

Postby takethree » Thu May 24, 2012 10:32 am

schtruck wrote:try fpse 0.11.26 and let me know if 0 button works in software mode, if yes, i'll update to support opengl too.

I just joined just to answer you :D

It still doesn't work. This time it doesn't go to the menu item. It just do nothing.

*Sorry found the solution to the cutscenes no sound problem. Set Spusync and restart Fpse! Now it is running perfectly! Thank you!*
Last edited by takethree on Fri May 25, 2012 2:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

takethree
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy Note

Postby takethree » Thu May 24, 2012 12:38 pm

takethree wrote:
schtruck wrote:try fpse 0.11.26 and let me know if 0 button works in software mode, if yes, i'll update to support opengl too.

I just joined just to answer you :D

It still doesn't work. This time it doesn't go to the menu item. It just do nothing.

Another thing I noted. I'm playing FF9 using FPSE and the cutscenes doesn't have any music. But this is not unique to ver 0.11.26. Just wanted you to know :lol:

Not a deal breaker unlike the 'O' button which doesn't do anything and basically kills the game. Well...any game.

Another update.

I've played around with the settings some more and SUCCESS!

As I had another controller I assigned "Assign Hw Keys for Pad 2" to the Gametel instead of "Assign Hw Keys for Pad 1" and it didn't work.

But by assigning the "Assign Hw Keys for Pad 1" to the Gametel, the "O" button now works!

Yay!!!!!!!

Thank you schtruck!!!

jako
Primary Device: Sony Arc
ROM: Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee

Postby jako » Thu May 24, 2012 1:33 pm

Ok, now it works perfectly!
Take care, keep these settings for future releases ;)
Thanks schtruck :D

MaskedAvenger
Primary Device: Galaxy S2 i9100
ROM: Resurrection Remix 3.01

Postby MaskedAvenger » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:34 pm

I'm having this problem at the moment, with the latest (paid) version of FPSE from the Android market. Any advice? It's making my Streetfighter Alpha combos very tricky ;)

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:07 am

are you using softgpu or opengl? I assume it's softgpu. did you try messing around with anything? if so - what? The posts above said something about setting a different controller to pad1, and gametel to 2, then go back and set gametel to pad 1 - you may not be able to do that though.

what exactly is the problem - just that the o doesn't work? it does nothing, or bring up menu, or what? check what version of fpse you have - go to the main android home screen, menu, settings, applications, manage apps, find fpse, adn see what version it is.

I'm not sure what else you can try. does it let you assign the hardware button, but it doesn't work, or can you not assign it at all?
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

MaskedAvenger

Postby MaskedAvenger » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:00 am

Many thanks for the reply :)

According to Gametel, the controller uses the same key-mappings as the Experia Play, which sends KEYCODE_BACK (I assume the same as the hardware back button) to the circle. When going to 'define hw buttons' I assume what's happening is FPSE just assumes that I'm actually pressing the back button, and does not set this to circle. So, what happens when pressing circle is exactly the same as pressing back on the phone.

In terms of config, I'm using the default other than turning off the overlay pad, and have also tried reinstalling/wiping data to go from scratch. The version listed is 0.11.29.

The only other comment would be that I'm not having the same problem with other emulators (e.g. SuperGsnes, the various oids and .emus), so there must be a way of working it. If I remember correctly one of them prompted 'do you want to set this key, or are you trying to go back?' to avoid this problem.

In terms of OpenGL, I tried switching to that, but it made no difference to the controller. Same for messing with pad 1/pad 2 settings. It's very frustrating, as FPSE is by far the best of the emulators out there, and is a perfect complement to a gamepad.

MaskedAvenger

Postby MaskedAvenger » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:13 am

To reply to myself, it looks like my issue is related to the use of a CM9-based ROM on my android phone (see this search). If I find a fix for those of us on these ROMs I'll post back here.

MaskedAvenger

Postby MaskedAvenger » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:11 pm

Aha! According to the xperia play dev instructions, the following needs to happen:

Differentiating between the Circle button and Back key
In order to differentiate between the Circle button and the Back key, which use the same key code, the developer needs to check whether or not the ALT button is enabled or disabled. When the Circle button is pressed, ALT is enabled; when the Back key is pressed, ALT is disabled.

So it seems that FPSE merely checks for 'back' which triggers the menu, and the behaviour would be fixed if the menu was not triggered if the ALT press was also present.

This would require a change to FPSE though, unfortunately. Doubt it's something I can hack myself ;)

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:03 am

that's great infomation - good research!!

I think struck has already fixed this, and I believe it is working for other people. The question is, why isn't it working for you?? Wish we could ask other people that have maetel / xperiaplay to verify, but I'm pretty sure it's working. Hopefully Schtruck is reading and will comment / fix. or - someone with an xperia / gametel.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

MaskedAvenger

Postby MaskedAvenger » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:38 pm

I found what turns out to be a rather obvious workaround in the end. Didn't notice that in the advanced Gametel settings you can remap keys! So, changing from the back key and remapping in FPSE gives me a working emulator :)

Return to “General Discussion”