fpse.ini location

blackrok15
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Droid Charge
Operating System: Android 2.2
ROM: Stock

fpse.ini location

Postby blackrok15 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:18 am

Hello, I wasn't sure where to post my questions so I apologize if this is the wrong area to post.

I am currently playing through Final Fantasy VIII and so far it's been outstanding. Haven't had any major issues until now. I am on disk three at the part where Squall turns off the artificial gravity on the Ragnarok. This is right before the music file kicks in for the romantic scene between Squall and Rinoa. I understand several people have had this issue and it was resolved by adjusting a few settings in the fpse.ini configuration file. I consider myself fairly tech savvy but I cannot for the life of me find this file. I am using a Samsung Droid Charge. I looked on my SD card to no avail. I can't see my root files on my desktop but I was able to browse through them using Astro and still nothing there. Am I missing something? Quite possible it's something very stupid I'm just not seeing. Or if it is an actual issue, what is the best work around for me? I prefer not to root my device as it's a Concession based line. Keeping my own save file is also quite important to me. Sorry if I'm a pain in the butt! I appreciate all help!!

-Derrick

blackrok15
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Droid Charge
Operating System: Android 2.2
ROM: Stock

Re: fpse.ini location

Postby blackrok15 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:56 am

Sorry I'm not one to "bump" but I could really use the help. I've been doing research and I must be missing something silly. I've check the /data/...etc and this brings my nothing. What on earth could I be missing? It seems quite silly. Can I find this file on the phone, or using a file browser on the phone? Once I have located the file, I have no problem editing it to my liking. It's simply finding the location. Thank you.

Seyer
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Thunderbolt aka HTC Mecha
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: Skyraider Zeus 1.1

Postby Seyer » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:50 pm

I just used the search feature using Root Explorer and found two fpse.ini's.

1. /data/data/com.emulator.fpse/files/fpse.ini
2. /mnt/sdcard/fpsebackup/fpse.ini

Which one to edit, I have no idea. I am brand new to this.

ManuBBXX
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy SII
Operating System: Windows 7
ROM: ICS stock

Postby ManuBBXX » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:50 pm

When you tell about : /data/data/com.emulator.fpse/files/fpse.ini

I can't see on my device any com.emulator.fpse folder..
I would like to try the fpse.ini tip for the sound.
Thanks a lot

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:52 am

if you have root access you can change the .ini file that fpse uses directly - I ASSUME that's the one in /data.

However, the better way is to backup fpse from the misc menu, backup. then go to /sdcard/fpsebackup and edit the .ini. the from inside fpse go to the misc menu, restore. restart fpse.

I confess I don't know for sure that this works, but it is my understanding that it should work.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Return to “General Discussion”