admiraltee
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Acer A500 Iconia
Operating System: Android 3.0

Acer A500 Android 3.0 using current FPse on Marketplace

Postby admiraltee » Fri May 20, 2011 5:29 am

Hi
I am new to emulation on the Android.
I've recently picked up the app and installed in on my Acer Iconia A500 - Android 3.0. There was an update this morning (GMT+8), that i installed.
I have the 2 BIOS - NTSC scph1001.bin and PAL scph7502.bin (is that right?). The reason i have PAL and NTSC, is that I have games from both regions.
I manually created an ISO from my copy of GT2 Arcade disc.

Upon starting the app, i select the GT2 iso. Then i receive the PS CD Player screen automatically (bug?). Using the virutal buttons, in portrait mode, I Exit this and arrive at the Main Menu.

So i Eject, which brings up the iso selection, again i select the GT2 iso. I then receive the initial 'game' loading screen with the Playstation SCEE words, plus some corrupted graphic at the top that still shows 'Main Menu' from the PS screen.

And thats it. It freezes.

I've tried other combos. I am using the US/NTSC BIOS as the PAL BIOS generates an application error. I have tried Country apart from USA and it also generates an error. I have tried different System and Video settings, however none have gotten further than the default NTSC BIOS and Country USA.

I am sure my ISO isnt busted, as i created it from my PS1 disc and used a freeware ISO creator - is there anything special to creating an iSO?

So - any ideas?
I see some have gotten it working on a Xoom so i can't think of a reason that the hardware would a factor as the Iconia has same core hardware as the Xoom.

Tee
*confused and a little frustrated*

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Acer A500 Android 3.0 using current FPse on Marketplace

Postby schtruck » Fri May 20, 2011 11:05 am

what is the ISO file name?

admiraltee
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Acer A500 Iconia
Operating System: Android 3.0

Postby admiraltee » Fri May 20, 2011 3:57 pm

The GT2 Arcade iso is named "GT2.iso" . I had the option of naming it when i created the image. Is there are specific naming convention?

I also created an iso from my copy of Wip3out Special Edition, and called it "Wip3out SE.iso"

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sat May 21, 2011 7:11 am

update to FPse 0.10.47

Return to “General Discussion”