Comparison between PSX4Droid and FPSe on Android

kon
Primary Device: Motorola Milestone 2
Operating System: Xperia X1

Comparison between PSX4Droid and FPSe on Android

Postby kon » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:50 pm

Hi all,
I'm new to the board but a fan of FPSe since it was available for WinMo devices!

With my new Android device, the Motorola Milestone 2, I have a proper device to emulate some PS1 games. However, there are two emulators available (at the moment only one is left) and they both have their pros and cons.

PSX4Droid basically runs everything. Every ROM I put at it, it does eat...the performance, however, is not good and graphic's not full screen. However, it has a very high compatibility.

FPSeOA has very fast game play and runs in full screen. However, recently made changes are infecting my gameplay a lot. Landscape now crashes every time I open a ROM. And yes, I updated just today, April 6th.

FPSeOA doesn't run every ROM. I have a few favourite games, Bloody Roar 2 and Future Cop L.A.P.D, as well as Rayman 2.

FPSeOA runs bloody roar and if the frame skipping works properly, it is fun. Most of the time it is slow, don't really know why. No it won't even play in landscape.

FPSeOA runs Rayman 2 and has smooth gameplay. But videos are messed up, they loop and I have top skip them. PSX4Droid runs videos fine with the same Rom...

FPSeOA does not run Future Cop L.A.P.D. It always stucks at the Electronic Arts intro...it was the same with the CE version =(

My questions, for Schtruck as well:

1) why is video so bad in Rayman while game play is so smooth?

2) why does bloody roar 2 sometimes works fine with 30 frame skips and sometimes not...?

3) why does LAPD never works!? This is soo bad...it doesn't even lag on PSX4Droid, but graphic is not fullscreen =(

Cheers,
Kon

KowboyBebop
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: 6.5.X
ROM: Laurentius26 HD2 [LEO] V3 WWE Ultimate serie

Re: Comparison between PSX4Droid and FPSe on Android

Postby KowboyBebop » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:56 pm

To run Rayman 2's videos properly you need a plugin which was just recently added into FPSEce. I dont know if this plugin is afaible in FPSE for Android. Make sure to check settings.
For your other two questions, just remember that FPSE for Android is new and it uses some methods to be as fast as possible. Because of this some games wont run. Schtruck will probably try to fix it.
New All-in-1 Pack
HTC HD 2 / HTC LEO // 8GB microSD class6 // ROM: EnergyROM GTX
FPSeCE Download | FPSeCE Complete How To Guide | Request new version
HolyShit! It's BeefSupreme!

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator
Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:00 pm

Future Cop: LAPD DOES work as it happens, you need to enable SPU Sync in order for it to work. It was exactly the same for the WinCE version.

It has worked in both incarnations of Fpse. If you're still doubtful, watch this for it working on Android:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqTo7nHe0eM

and this for WinCE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJDUEi9DBbQ

To enable SPU Sync, go into settings, then sound, enable SPU Sync. Quit then restart, and you will get past the EA logo.

This game has been working for some time.
"Learn everything about something, and something about everything"
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhaedrusNine

kon
Primary Device: Motorola Milestone 2
Operating System: Xperia X1

Postby kon » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:03 am

Okay, cool, thank-you for the information!

True, LAPD runs. And yesterday I got Bloody Roar 2 working smoothly as well. I just put frame skipping up to 50 and unchecked framelimiter. However, after the first fight it gets laggy again, so bad.
As for the videos, I will wait for this plugin to come. Schtruck and LDChen have done a great job and true, this program is very young. However, I'm looking forward to all the updates!

Cheers, Kon

Return to “General Discussion”