Games running TOO fast

Gabraham
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Droid 2
ROM: Froyo 2.2

Games running TOO fast

Postby Gabraham » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:18 am

I searched the forums for a similar issue but every word in the dictionary is excluded in the results so I'm going to have faith that no one has had this issue before.

I just got Digimon World running on FPSE (Droid 2, Froyo 2.2). Works great, except the game runs faster than it should. With the limit framerate to 50fps option checked, it runs too slow. Id like it to run at 60 but I saw no option to allow this without careful manipulation of processing power absorbing features, which even then don't bring it down enough.

I love this game, and the emulation is spot on but id like to play it at normal speed instead of 1.5x. Anyone have a way to do this?

kSt
Primary Device: LG GT540

Re: Games running TOO fast

Postby kSt » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:53 am

The only way I see for now is to get European version of the game.
For the USA versions full speed is 60 fps, for European 50 fps, and we don`t have 60 fps frame limiter option yet.

Gabraham
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Droid 2
ROM: Froyo 2.2

Postby Gabraham » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:15 am

I could only hope that the game was still in english (although I think most of the time there's an option for it). However there'd probably be some name differences that could make things confusing... but as you say its the only solution at this point.

I find it odd that there isn't a feature for that. Maybe the developer is european and he just hasn't gotten to it yet but most emulators have that option if not all, or already default to 60. I would think it is also easy to just make a setting that can change it to whatever the user wants... but I'm not a coder so it's really not my place to assume. I just hope he'll add the feature soon so I can start playing my games at full speed instead of half speed or turbo speed, lol. Maybe I'll send him a feature request email/forum post if there's one here.

Anyways thanks a lot for the help!

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:58 pm

i think people are mistaken, Framelimiter is 50fps for PAL and 60fps for NTSC.

About Frameskip, it's written for PAL only that's true, but when you read up to 50fps and the game you are running is NTSC in fact you should read up to 60FPS.... it's what FPse does.

Return to “General Discussion”