Going from WM 6.5 to Android Savestates

Dadrooooo
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Inspire
Operating System: Windows 7 x64
ROM: Android Revolution

Going from WM 6.5 to Android Savestates

Postby Dadrooooo » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:35 am

Hello! I did do a search and couldnt find this answer, but if I missed it please someone link it.
I have Fpse on WM 6.5. I had played about 3/4 of the way through Final Fantasy 2 using save states (I can also go and actually do an in game save if needed). For various reasons I had to move to an android phone (which Im loving!). Is there a way to transfer the save states from the WM version to the android version? I tried setting the Savestate folder in the Android version to the same folder on my SD card with the WM savestates but I couldnt load any. Is there a way to do this? I really dont want to have to finish it on the old WM phone if possible. Thank you much!

-Drew

Dadrooooo
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Inspire
Operating System: Windows 7 x64
ROM: Android Revolution

Re: Going from WM 6.5 to Android Savestates

Postby Dadrooooo » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:12 pm

Ok well I figured it out on my own and figured I would post what you need to do here to get your Windows Mobile Savestates to work on Android.

Even if you set the Android FPSE to the same folder as your Windows Mobile (WM) Savestates, it wont automatically pick them up. What you have to do is go into whichever game you are playing and save a new Savestate (if you have multiple Savestates you are transferring for one game then make that many separate new Savestates. Unlike WM, the Android version has only 5 Savestates).

Then connect your Android to a computer and choose Disk Drive on the phone. Then on the computer go into the folder your Savestates are in and find the new Savestate(s) you just made (Look at the Modified Date to see which ones they are if they are in the same folder as your WM Savestates). Then you need to rename your WM Savestates to the new Savestates you just made (obviously delete the new Savestates you made for this purpose). Now the only way Ive seen to figure out which WM Savestates are which is to just use that Modified Date and hopefully you remember approx. when you saved it. Once you've renamed them, they should work just fine (at least have for me).
Good luck!
-Drew

Return to “General Discussion”