Controllers for Android version

Zammo
Primary Device: HTC Desire

Controllers for Android version

Postby Zammo » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:37 pm

Hi, I was wondering what Bluetooth controllers are working for the Android version of fpse? More specifically the PS3 controller work? Thanks.

Primary Device: ZTE Blade

Re: Controllers for Android version

Postby 90180360 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:43 pm

Zammo wrote:Hi, I was wondering what Bluetooth controllers are working for the Android version of fpse? More specifically the PS3 controller work? Thanks.

PS3 controller doesn't work with Android.
You can use other Bluetooth controllers (Wiimote, Classic controller, Zeemote, etc.), but only for digital input.

Zammo

Postby Zammo » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:53 pm

Thanks for the reply. Has the classic controller got enough buttons to replicate a playstation controller? If not can I use a controller and on screen buttons at the same time?

Primary Device: ZTE Blade

Postby 90180360 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:04 pm

Zammo wrote:Has the classic controller got enough buttons to replicate a playstation controller?

Yes, it does.
Also, check this out: http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/Wii- ... 00622.aspx
The Datel version has Bluetooth integrated, so you don't need a Wiimote.

Zammo

Postby Zammo » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:04 pm

Thanks for the info, I've just purchased the datel classic from amazon.

zarathustrax
Primary Device: HD2
Operating System: 6.5
ROM: stock

Postby zarathustrax » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:36 pm

You should check out this new bluetooth controller that was just released... it's kinda expensive, but it will support pretty much any device that uses bluetooth, and has a built in battery that can provide extra power to your phone! It also supports multiple bluetooth profiles and has upgradeable firmware, so this will be the last bluetooth controller you'll ever have to get for all your future devices. I just ordered one a few days ago when I came across it. They are going to be making more different sized clamps for phones of all sizes. It's definitely the most functional and universal BT gamepad ever made.
http://www.icontrolpad.com/home

Here's a forum dedicated to the controller: http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php ... ontrolpad/

I'm hoping full support for this contoller is put into fpse soon so we can use the analog nubs just like real playstation controller... right now it will work in keyboard mode so all the buttons are registered as a bluetooth keyboard button, but the analog controls don't work in that mode. I sent a pm to schtruck to try to get him in touch with them so he can get a free development controller to test.

ben86
Fresh Fish

Postby ben86 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:10 pm

msi bgp100 works great with fpse for android. so far you need gamepro tu pair the bluetooth controller. if someone wants to try ... gamepro is installed as a keyboard so since installed you need to press into a textbox until it pops up and let you choose a input method. there you choose gamepro and it will start pairing.

nice work Schtruck ... since i changed to android i thought i would never ever be able to play psx mobile again ;)

When i have some time i will write a doc for it

ben86
Fresh Fish

Postby ben86 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:24 pm

today i got an update of fpse on android. it says now i can use two bgp100. but when i choose pad1 and pad2 as bgp100 i cant assign hardware buttons with the gamepad. any ideas?

Zammo

Postby Zammo » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:28 pm

I've just got my Datel Wireless Wii Classic but I can't seem to pair it with my HTC Desire. I've tried searching for it via blue tooth and when I find it I press the Sync button underneath the controller then when I go to connect to it I'm asked for a pass key. I've tried using the examples 0000 & 1234 but each one is rejected and i'm unable to connect.

I was also going to try installing the app 'Wiimote Controller' but it says it doesn't work with HTC phones with Sense UI (which mine has).

Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks

ben86
Fresh Fish

Postby ben86 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:42 pm

Zammo wrote:I've just got my Datel Wireless Wii Classic but I can't seem to pair it with my HTC Desire. I've tried searching for it via blue tooth and when I find it I press the Sync button underneath the controller then when I go to connect to it I'm asked for a pass key. I've tried using the examples 0000 & 1234 but each one is rejected and i'm unable to connect.

I was also going to try installing the app 'Wiimote Controller' but it says it doesn't work with HTC phones with Sense UI (which mine has).

Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks

you can give it a try to gamepro. It works on my HTC Desire 2.2. Gamepro is a keyboard driver for android and you need to configure as such. It is not an app. When activated in android keyboard settings you need to press and hold in any textbox and choose input method. now you can pair the gamepad with your phone and after that its possible to assign keys in fpse. works for me with msi bluetooth gamepad bgp100

Return to “General Discussion”