Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby schtruck » Tue May 05, 2015 10:35 pm

Beta pushed to Beta testers:

FPse 0.11.167:
- Added native support for x86 cpu's, much more faster now (IE Nexus Player)
- Added very smart .zip .rar .7z .ecm and .ape uncompressing feature
Just load those archives directly from FPse from Load ISO menu
- Added .zip .rar .7z .ecm and .ape to file browsers autoloading support
FPse detect , uncompress and load the game or just uncompress if no game
found
- Auto-creation of .cue file is it does not exist into archive file

i'm really interrested to have feedbacks for X86 processor support. i tried on a two devices , one tablet and the Nexus Player (incredible device). Fpse run very well now on these devices, extremely fast, i noticed a small problem with the game Crash team racing on X86 but switch to dynamic interpreter run the game still very fast... even in OpenGL!

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Wed May 06, 2015 1:15 pm

schtruck wrote:Beta pushed to Beta testers:

FPse 0.11.167:
- Added native support for x86 cpu's, much more faster now (IE Nexus Player)
- Added very smart .zip .rar .7z .ecm and .ape uncompressing feature
Just load those archives directly from FPse from Load ISO menu
- Added .zip .rar .7z .ecm and .ape to file browsers autoloading support
FPse detect , uncompress and load the game or just uncompress if no game
found
- Auto-creation of .cue file is it does not exist into archive file

i'm really interrested to have feedbacks for X86 processor support. i tried on a two devices , one tablet and the Nexus Player (incredible device). Fpse run very well now on these devices, extremely fast, i noticed a small problem with the game Crash team racing on X86 but switch to dynamic interpreter run the game still very fast... even in OpenGL!

I havent the new beta 0.11.167 mate
Galaxy note 9 exynos

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Mon May 11, 2015 8:51 pm

let me add another feature , nfs sharing support and i'll push another beta. This feature will let you access Games directly from the Lan, a Nas or a Computer with nfs server installed and a directory shared with PS games, like that no more lost time or space. and it will be usefull for devices that has few storage space (like Nexus Player). a Good lan speed will be necessary to avoid slowdown on games that read audio tracks or musics in live, but i think it will work well on most of all configuration.

Q8-V08
Primary Device: Nexus 7 2013

Postby Q8-V08 » Tue May 12, 2015 7:05 am

So it'll stream smb files directly instead of needing to bind a share mount to a folder with cifsmanager?
I noticed with File Manager HD, ES File Explorer it doesn't actually stream files but just caches them to a temporary file instead much like unzippers do when unzipping before placing the full file into internal storage.
With my cifsmanger share I get read: 2.95mb, write: 7.54mb using A1 SD Bench, I noticed quite a lot of lag when playing a audio cd in the cd player, but was almost gone when I triped/quadrupled the audio latency value, irc the psone is only read: 150- 300kB/s, was trying to get soundscape working for kicks, but I don't think my bios has it.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Tue May 12, 2015 8:58 am

actually the only android cifs implementation is Jcfis, which is extremely slow.... nfs implementation is much more faster, can goes up to 80mbytes/sec... faster than sdcard, after it depend of your lan speed.
but i have succeed to make it working for the 1st time today and i'm really impressived!! it works so well.

now i need to mind on how i will implement it into interface. perhaps just a simple menu to choose NFS sharing and export directory. then FPse will do the rest.

Q8-V08

Postby Q8-V08 » Tue May 12, 2015 11:16 am

I thought it was extremely slow too, I mean I have a usb 3.0 drive connected to my router which has a usb 2.0 port but I exspecting more like 15-18MB/s over my LAN with it.
Can it be used with smb or ftp? or would I have to mount it as nfs under windows?
my smb and ftp both require username + password also.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Tue May 12, 2015 2:08 pm

nfsv3 & v4 are the fastest sharing solution today.

Q8-V08

Postby Q8-V08 » Tue May 12, 2015 6:12 pm

How do you mount it?, I couldn't find any clients on the app store other than mount manager which doesn't come with any instructions, I tried mounting it in terminal explorer but it says "(" and ")" are invalid suffixs, unfortunely I can't change these as it what the router defaults too.

mount -t nfs4 192.168.0.1/volume(sda1) mnt/nfs/volume(sda1)

do I need to set the filesystem it's coming from also?, I have ext4, fat32 and ntfs partitions on the drive,
volume(sda1)=ntfs and volume(sda2)=fat32,

It also mounts under ftp using a different ip address

NTFS
ftp://admin:@192.168.1.64/volume/
ftp://admin:@192.168.1.64/volume(SuperUser)/

FAT32
ftp://admin:@192.168.1.64/volume2/
ftp://admin:@192.168.1.64/volume2(SuperUser)/

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Wed May 13, 2015 8:02 am

Ha!!! but FPse support fully NFS, no need to be rooted or to change anything , everything is handled by FPse.

you just go to MISC / Path then "Add NFS Shared path", FPse will discover all NFS server then you choose one and then all share and it will tell you how many supposed ISO files it found.

for now you just go back then Choose Load ISO, and you'll see into the FPse file explorer another Path named NFSshare, just click on it and you'll see all supposed ISOS. CLick on it and that all. very easy

now i'm just adding the automatic NFSsharing access when starting FPse, to let him connecting automatically if previous NFSshared path is found. and i'll add support for Autoscanning.

and everything will be ready for a Beta

Q8-V08

Postby Q8-V08 » Wed May 13, 2015 10:00 am

So it uses something like uPnP to detect it?, I'm just curious as to how it would find it on mine since smb and ftp run different ports to nfs, that's why I asked if i'd need to virtually mount it as a nfs server under windows for any client to see it as my router only supports smb, ftp and mediashare, I'm guessing nfs is a more linux friendly affair yet has next to no support from hardware manufacturers.

http://technonstop.com/tutorial-setup-n ... er-windows
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/324089

Return to “News”