Fpse for Android News

icelaglace
Primary Device: ACEi (GT-S5830i)
Operating System: 2.3.6
ROM: XXLH3

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby icelaglace » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:48 am

chutia wrote:I read somewhere it was SCPH-1001 not sure about fpse buts thats what I use aswell!
8-)

Yes, SCPH-1001 is the most used but I really don't know why.

I tested some different versions but I can't see the difference :?
Broadcom VideoCore IV (1080p capable) on Samsung Galaxy Ace "i"(only i/c/m models), Samsung Galaxy Y, Huayu T968 and Alcatel OT979 3G WCDMA (adding support...)

Kasser
Primary Device: Galaxy S2
Operating System: Android 4.03

Postby Kasser » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:27 pm

I went for the update from .62 since i was too tempted by using gamepad skins! I can't find them after download though but working on that.

I find .67 also has the Tekken 3 freeze, so going back to .62 that i this time have saved!

EDIT: the gamepad skins look awesome - i think will live with the freeze as it seems just T3 affected anyway.......maybe it's best if i now start using openGL? Will test later

alnote
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy Note

Postby alnote » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:33 am

I have a problem with fpse.when i load final fantasy 7 iso into fpse then it will automatically change settings of the fpse opengl options which was set by me before loading ff7 iso.In beginning it tells me to restart fpse to apply different options if i set it in the game but when i load the ff7(by restarting fpse) same old profile get loaded.i tried reinstalling fpse but all in vain.

Primary Device: Galaxy S3 (I9300) Exynos 4412
Operating System: Cortex-A9, Mali-400
ROM: 4.2.2 CM10.1, 1280x720

Postby 6502 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:33 pm

I hope you make that auto-config stuff optional in the future. I doesn't make much sense to be forced using specific settings especially on all the different devices.

alnote
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy Note

Postby alnote » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:22 am

if the game profile cannot be changed then the problem is in the game.While playing i get white screen and sound in FF7.That happens in sector 7 pillar when i defeat the boss(Reno) then cloud escape with his friends and boss also escape in his helicopter.i can only see white screen with sound.i tried to mess with settings to solve this but no luck.

chutia
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: Stock

Postby chutia » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:34 am

6502 wrote:I hope you make that auto-config stuff optional in the future. I doesn't make much sense to be forced using specific settings especially on all the different devices.

I assume the profile settings are different for different devices but to future proof the application and to make it more compatible with other devices, ya an option to disable profiles in the misc menu makes sense to me and would be a nice option in case people want to experiment with the settings.

Hope they add that option in the future aswell!

Tumalu
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy SII

Postby Tumalu » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:35 am

Still very choppy sound with every game I play. FF9 still childish bleepy sounds while moving cursor and many sounds are cut. Wasn't in older versions. Still not fun to play games.
Must say that the rest works farely well. Except that "Force landscape" still doesn't save either.

Jon_Merritt
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Dell Axim x51v
Operating System: WM5
ROM: stock

Postby Jon_Merritt » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:22 pm

The latest release is pretty awful in terms of stability. On my Nexus 7, the latest version keeps randomly crashing, locking up - it even locked my N7 solid and required a forced reboot. OpenGL seems slower, but perhaps I'm using more demanding games ? For example, is Gran Turismo 2 running on a Nexus 7 in OpenGL a little too much ? I get roughly 30 - 45fps tops.

Secondly, I always thought Fpse would go back to the menu when you exit a game via the menu ? But mine just exits the app and back to the homescreen.

Lastly, I take it that using compressed images is not a good thing ? Does Fpse even support compressed images ? I tried some .bz images I ripped myself from my own ISOs using PocketISO, and Fpse didn't see them in the load menu. I am starting to run close to my 32Gb limit, mostly because of a lot of ISOs on my Nexus, so I am looking for some ways to make some space.

chutia
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: Stock

Postby chutia » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:54 pm

Jon_Merritt wrote:The latest release is pretty awful in terms of stability. On my Nexus 7, the latest version keeps randomly crashing, locking up - it even locked my N7 solid and required a forced reboot. OpenGL seems slower, but perhaps I'm using more demanding games ? For example, is Gran Turismo 2 running on a Nexus 7 in OpenGL a little too much ? I get roughly 30 - 45fps tops.

Secondly, I always thought Fpse would go back to the menu when you exit a game via the menu ? But mine just exits the app and back to the homescreen.

Lastly, I take it that using compressed images is not a good thing ? Does Fpse even support compressed images ? I tried some .bz images I ripped myself from my own ISOs using PocketISO, and Fpse didn't see them in the load menu. I am starting to run close to my 32Gb limit, mostly because of a lot of ISOs on my Nexus, so I am looking for some ways to make some space.

From memory I think PocketISO works if you leave it as "Normal Compression" and then just compress without playing around with setting too much. You should end up with a .Z and .table file both need to be copied together!

I think it maybe better to compress using .pbp files because epsxe supports them aswell and you getter better compression.....

Strange thing is for me some games exit out of fpse completely and some return back to fpse main menu (but it always the same result for the specific game not random) !? :?

icelaglace
Primary Device: ACEi (GT-S5830i)
Operating System: 2.3.6
ROM: XXLH3

Postby icelaglace » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:52 pm

Jon_Merritt wrote:The latest release is pretty awful in terms of stability. On my Nexus 7, the latest version keeps randomly crashing, locking up - it even locked my N7 solid and required a forced reboot. OpenGL seems slower, but perhaps I'm using more demanding games ? For example, is Gran Turismo 2 running on a Nexus 7 in OpenGL a little too much ? I get roughly 30 - 45fps tops.

Same here, but don't waste your time, support will blame on your "crappy" device or just ignore.

I'm waiting for a lot of time for a downgrade to 0.10.xx (looking for better performance) but I get ignored, even schtruk promissed me time ago... but nothing...

my recommendation is you better get epsxe for better stability and performance or looking for a fpse downgrade.

PS: @devs, why not focus on fix bugs and performance instead make more extra features, translations and useless stuff? just a suggestion.
Broadcom VideoCore IV (1080p capable) on Samsung Galaxy Ace "i"(only i/c/m models), Samsung Galaxy Y, Huayu T968 and Alcatel OT979 3G WCDMA (adding support...)

Return to “News”