Fpse for Android News

PrinceEndymion88
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy GT S5570 (Next)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby PrinceEndymion88 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:33 am

Hey people =( I search a Pad for my Samsung Galaxy GT S5570 (Mini) with 240x320 resolution =( with the original pad is unplayable =( you can see a screen here: Image

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:28 am

Figured the gray bug out on ff8

I had to start the game from a memorycard save.
then select my savestate.
And the gray fmv cutsense was corrected.
So it a savestate bug on fpse.
if I just load the savestate straight away the bug reappears.

also tried on psx4droid
The fmv is corrected with just selecting the savestate.
But performance ain't as good as on fpse.

Catch ya later.
Galaxy note 9 exynos

MechaBouncer
Primary Device: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
ROM: stock

Postby MechaBouncer » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:17 pm

I finally had an opportunity to try out the little Easter Egg with my copy of FFVII that I bought from PSN. Sadly, the moment I started it, it stopped with an error message that briefly flashed by saying something to the extent that it was closing because there was not enough memory and I should try closing some programs. I have yet to see this error before, but I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that the file is 1.3GB and the Xperia Play only has 512MB of RAM. It makes me think that the way this is working is by copying it all or at least a large chunk of it into memory to decode/decompress it. I know you said that this would be an unsupported feature, so I'm not really expecting anything to change. I just thought I'd mention it. And thanks for even adding the feature at all!

And if someone has managed to get it to work, do you happen to have any tips as to how? Thanks!

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Postby LouCipher » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:45 pm

MechaBouncer wrote:I finally had an opportunity to try out the little Easter Egg with my copy of FFVII that I bought from PSN. Sadly, the moment I started it, it stopped with an error message that briefly flashed by saying something to the extent that it was closing because there was not enough memory and I should try closing some programs. I have yet to see this error before, but I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that the file is 1.3GB and the Xperia Play only has 512MB of RAM. It makes me think that the way this is working is by copying it all or at least a large chunk of it into memory to decode/decompress it. I know you said that this would be an unsupported feature, so I'm not really expecting anything to change. I just thought I'd mention it. And thanks for even adding the feature at all!

And if someone has managed to get it to work, do you happen to have any tips as to how? Thanks!

Don't know that you can use psn eboots. I've made eboots of my ff7 isos, and they work just fine. Try making isos of the discs, then making eboots using icetea, works like a charm.

MechaBouncer

Postby MechaBouncer » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:04 pm

LouCipher wrote:Don't know that you can use psn eboots. I've made eboots of my ff7 isos, and they work just fine. Try making isos of the discs, then making eboots using icetea, works like a charm.

That would be the problem. I never owned the original discs, only the PSN version. And any attempts to convert the PSN version always failed. Ah well. I've got plenty of other games that I've ripped into the system that I need to play through.

Speaking of which, are EBOOTs better for compression than using PocketISO? I'm trying to get the most space without removing movies and such. I know that PSXperia does a good job when it compresses the ISOs and packages them with the native emulator, but I hear that the latest firmware update kills that, so I'll probably be back to Fpse for most of my games and I want to get the best compression out of them. Thanks!

LouCipher

Postby LouCipher » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:55 pm

MechaBouncer wrote:
LouCipher wrote:Don't know that you can use psn eboots. I've made eboots of my ff7 isos, and they work just fine. Try making isos of the discs, then making eboots using icetea, works like a charm.

That would be the problem. I never owned the original discs, only the PSN version. And any attempts to convert the PSN version always failed. Ah well. I've got plenty of other games that I've ripped into the system that I need to play through.

Speaking of which, are EBOOTs better for compression than using PocketISO? I'm trying to get the most space without removing movies and such. I know that PSXperia does a good job when it compresses the ISOs and packages them with the native emulator, but I hear that the latest firmware update kills that, so I'll probably be back to Fpse for most of my games and I want to get the best compression out of them. Thanks!

Well, pocketiso can potentially produce smaller files, but it does so by converting music to mp3s, a feature which fpse android doesn't support (yet? pretty please...). So, without the mp3 conversion benefits, eboot wins out. All my eboots are at least slightly smaller than my pocketisos, some by as much as 50-60MB. Being said, I do notice a bit of a performance hit using eboots, but I've heard varying reports, so ymmv.

MechaBouncer

Postby MechaBouncer » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:09 pm

LouCipher wrote:Well, pocketiso can potentially produce smaller files, but it does so by converting music to mp3s, a feature which fpse android doesn't support (yet? pretty please...). So, without the mp3 conversion benefits, eboot wins out. All my eboots are at least slightly smaller than my pocketisos, some by as much as 50-60MB. Being said, I do notice a bit of a performance hit using eboots, but I've heard varying reports, so ymmv.

I read somewhere that was supposedly a problem with Android itself that was preventing that. I think it was driver related. Maybe it can't handle playing multiple MP3 sources at the same time? Or maybe I read wrong.

LouCipher

Postby LouCipher » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:30 pm

MechaBouncer wrote:
LouCipher wrote:Well, pocketiso can potentially produce smaller files, but it does so by converting music to mp3s, a feature which fpse android doesn't support (yet? pretty please...). So, without the mp3 conversion benefits, eboot wins out. All my eboots are at least slightly smaller than my pocketisos, some by as much as 50-60MB. Being said, I do notice a bit of a performance hit using eboots, but I've heard varying reports, so ymmv.

I read somewhere that was supposedly a problem with Android itself that was preventing that. I think it was driver related. Maybe it can't handle playing multiple MP3 sources at the same time? Or maybe I read wrong.

Not sure of the reason, but the built-in media playback on droid is somewhat limited. However, mp3 being such a prolifict standard, schtruck should be able to either write his own mp3 playback routines, or drop in one of many precanned libraries. Just a matter of time and priorities, gotta get the core emulator debugged before worrying about brand new functionality.

shade
Primary Device: HTC Desire Z
Operating System: Android 2.3.3

Postby shade » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:36 am

MechaBouncer wrote:

i dont' think android system is limited to play a multiple mp3 at the same time, on my Desire Z i could play 5 different mp3 at the same time using 5 different player apk

gamerr
Primary Device: desire hd
Operating System: android
ROM: gg

Postby gamerr » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:58 am

When already at last there is a new version with OpenGL??? Work is conducted??? I very much want to play in games, but they at smoothing brake. Answer please about the new version. Very long it нету.когда already at last there is a new version with OpenGL??? Work is conducted??? I very much want to play in games, but they at smoothing brake. Answer please about the new version. Very long it isn't present.

Return to “News”