Fpse for Android News

nordikwolf
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE 4G
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock 4.4.2 KitKat

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby nordikwolf » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:04 pm

Thanks for the answers guys. I tried but nothing changed. Maybe if I use 32-bit mode? I'll check. besides, how do you guys run Tomb Raider in FPse? All I get is a blackscreen when I press Start Game.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:52 pm

miss audio tracks... you need a cue file which decribe audio tracks.

Btw i noticed a problem with Soft HD mode and TR2, i'll fix it for next version

nordikwolf

Postby nordikwolf » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:40 pm

ok tested with those options turned On and the blood pools under zombies still are missing, only a weak translucent pink spot appears, but Alpha Multipass is better and the blood spills are appearing. hope this can get fixed...this is in OpenGL mode, in Software it doesn't happen.

nonsaprei
Primary Device: Huawei Ascend Y300
ROM: Cyanogenmod 10.2-20131213-NIGHTLY-u8833

Postby nonsaprei » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:20 pm

nonsaprei wrote:
schtruck wrote:you can just create 4 multi buttons, one for each directory to emulate the Dpad and position them like the DPad where you want .

uhm, I can't find how to do that. I go to settings/gamepad/ and then? if I go in "multi touch" it makes me bind the hardware buttons.
also, ape escape doesn't need the dpad, it needs the four "shape buttons", the analogs and the shoulder buttons, but I guess I can do what you said with the shape ones, too.

quoting myself because I still need help...
I found the menu option that lets me reposition the buttons and analogs, but I couldn't find a way to decide which buttons to show at all times (only found how to disable them completely).
what I'm trying to do is add the 4 "shape buttons" on the screen together with the two analogs and the shoulder buttons.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:52 pm

ok i have optimized very well SoftHD using Neon instructions and i got very good result now, fixed the last problem too.
With it i can play GT1 with FXAA shader, Dithering and Wide screen without any stutters.

i will push it to beta tested for tests.

nordikwolf

Postby nordikwolf » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:55 pm

schtruck wrote:ok i have optimized very well SoftHD using Neon instructions and i got very good result now, fixed the last problem too.
With it i can play GT1 with FXAA shader, Dithering and Wide screen without any stutters.

i will push it to beta tested for tests.

I can test it if you want.

Akademicks
Primary Device: HTC One Max
Operating System: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
ROM: Rooted Stock Sense 6.0 ROM

Postby Akademicks » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:48 pm

Hey Schtruck,

I wasn't connected to the internet when I extracted a few games, so the (black/blank) game covers appeared. When I connected my phone to the internet and launched FPSe, the covers wouldn't load so I had to reset all settings, and relaunch FPse to get the cover to launch. Is there a better way I could've loaded the covers? Also, all of the covers loaded except "Alone in the Dark - A New Nightmare (Disc 2)"

Game: Alone in the Dark - A New Nightmare
Video Mode: OpenGL
Video Settings: Framelimiter - Screenfiltering

1. When I went to the "credits" on the main screen I got an annoying sound that scared the shiz out of me. (I had the volume all the way up)
This happened on all video modes on both Disc I & 2

2. At the beginning of the game, about every 3secs, static along with the game menu flashes on the screen. :shock:
This appeared when I played both characters.

3. While playing the male character, a "ghost lock" appeared on the screen.

4. It only appeared in OpenGL.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the "duplicate strip" I mentioned a few threads back that only appears in Open GL mode. I don't know if it's just my phone, but I haven't seen anyone else mention it. I recommend viewing it on a smaller device other than a desktop screen via "Windows Photo Viewer" or on your "Android Gallery App". Zoom all the way in on the right side of the photo where the arrows are pointing and you should see it. It appears on every OpenGL game I play and it's been driving me crazy. :?

Last edited by Akademicks on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:34 pm

Tips for alone ine the dark

Switch on off screen drawing only once game is loaded and change offscreen drawing level to 2 from misc/video
restart game to apply

Akademicks

Postby Akademicks » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:56 am

Schtruck,

You sir....are a genius! The transparent lock and static is gone. Thanks!

Game: In Cold Blood
Video Settings: Framelimiter

I don't know if there is a technical term for this, but i'll just call it static for now.
First mission of the game, static appeared on some characters and objects I walked up to.

The other video modes I tested were flawless, except for Software HD which had the same problem. (screenshot below)

When I went inside of the building, the static didn't appear until I went close to an object, such as the crate, or when I backed myself onto the wall.

In Video Modes: Software HD, Software Smoother Image & Software Faster Mode. The loading screen had different color lines shooting across the screen.

In OpenGL the original loading screen appeared.

Also, last night a few of my games didn't load for some reason. The last thing I was doing, was playing around with the video settings on Resident Evil: Director's Cut - Dual Shock Version. Everything was fine and I closed the app. 2hrs later, I relaunched FPse and these were the only games that appeared even after restarting the app and my phone.

These were the games I had in my PS1 list. The only fix was to reset all settings and everything went back to normal. I'll let you know if it happens again.

Akademicks

Postby Akademicks » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:44 pm

schtruck wrote:Tips for alone ine the dark

Switch on off screen drawing only once game is loaded and change offscreen drawing level to 2 from misc/video
restart game to apply

I did this, and the static and transparent lock disappeared. :D

Game: Alone in the Dark
Framelimiter: On
OffScreenDrawing: On
OffScreenDrawing Level: 2
1. Lightning flash doesn't appear in OpenGL but works in the other video modes.

Now, whenever I bring up the FPse menu, i'll get white textures or half of the screen will turn a transparent white.

(Just a screenshot of the menu I mentioned)

Before bringing up the FPse Menu, the game runs flawless.

When I opened the menu before the cutscene, this happened. After the cutscene, if I open the menu again, i'll automatically get white textures.

Return to “News”