schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby schtruck » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:15 am

Happy new year to everybody!

i have worked during these vacations on a new Menu, that won't loose OpenGL context which made freeze on SGX5xx powered devices.
i have well advanced, still have to finish this part. Should take to me 2 or 3 days.
A good news for people who asking is a new option called autosave which will save automatically when leaving a game and release when reloading this game. this work very well.

A good news too, is that i have reach huge speed on dualcore devices, very smooth and extremely fast, i got between 100 and 200 fps in game with Crash bandicoot 2, and all that in OpenGL high res rendering. marvelous.

The new menu is very light but very efficient. In Example you won't have more file loader (cause freeze too coz of OpenGL destroyed) , if you want to load extern PAD, you'll have just to put your PAD skin into /sdcard/padskin and then press the button into the new menu called 'Load External PAD'.

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:51 am

@schtruck

Happy new year to you mucker.
Hope u had a good one.

The speed increase for dualcore sounds great in opengl.
Just hope the mali400 bug be sorted soon.

Queation
Soft gfx core
The standard gfx we using at the moment.
Can u fix it please.
Cos games look really bad on my device ( galaxy note )
Cos most of the polygons are pulled to the right.
Resulting in lines running off the right side of eg
Cars,people,
Galaxy note 9 exynos

D69K
Enthusiast
Primary Device: HTC Sensation
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: Alfaifi Sensation XE 6.0.1

Postby D69K » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:52 pm

schtruck wrote:Happy new year to everybody!

i have worked during these vacations on a new Menu, that won't loose OpenGL context which made freeze on SGX5xx powered devices.
i have well advanced, still have to finish this part. Should take to me 2 or 3 days.
A good news for people who asking is a new option called autosave which will save automatically when leaving a game and release when reloading this game. this work very well.

A good news too, is that i have reach huge speed on dualcore devices, very smooth and extremely fast, i got between 100 and 200 fps in game with Crash bandicoot 2, and all that in OpenGL high res rendering. marvelous.

The new menu is very light but very efficient. In Example you won't have more file loader (cause freeze too coz of OpenGL destroyed) , if you want to load extern PAD, you'll have just to put your PAD skin into /sdcard/padskin and then press the button into the new menu called 'Load External PAD'.

:shock: :shock:
:o :o

AT LAST no more android based menus :)
Thank you for the HUGE speed increase and the autosave feature.
you made my day Schtruck :)
and you don't know how bad my day was before this !!

i have a couple of questions about the new menus:

custom skins, are they possible now like in FpseCE ??
also how many menus do we have now ??
are they separated like (Settings, On screen pad, Sound, ...) ??

thank you very much and happy new year to you too :)
"Only strength can cooperate. Weakness can only beg" Dwight D. Eisenhowe
1890-1969, Thirty-fourth President of the USA <--- he also had a D like Monkey D. Luffy those guys are everywhere :lol:

Azerty16

Postby Azerty16 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:59 pm

@D69K
Sorry but the new menu are android based menu, they look exactly like the Loadstate and Savestate menu, but they are very light and really simpler than before.

mirek190
Primary Device: I9000 and I9100
ROM: 2.3.4

Postby mirek190 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:43 pm

What about mali-400 have you solved the problem ?
I'm asking because have SGS II.

Thank for fpse again.

D69K
Enthusiast
Primary Device: HTC Sensation
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: Alfaifi Sensation XE 6.0.1

Postby D69K » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:47 pm

Azerty16 wrote:@D69K
Sorry but the new menu are android based menu, they look exactly like the Loadstate and Savestate menu, but they are very light and really simpler than before.

well no problem !!
as long as it performs better then the old list boxes.

the thing is i always found Fpse menus to be really unresponsive and buggy !!
i mean try to clear Fpse data so you can setup everything from scratch then you'll know what i mean.

* when trying to set the bios, the option for bios doesn't register from the first press and you have to press it twice to be able to set a bios.
* input menu has a LOT of problems, transparency option doesn't change a thing, no matter what kind of skin you use, whatever you try to set it to (25%, 50%, Disabled)
* when trying to change pad skins you have to go between "Disabled" and "External" a couple of times to choose your external pad skin, it doesn't register from the first time !!

these are some problems i found in menus, and there are really a LOT but i don't want to bore you with them.
sadly thay were there since the release of Fpse for android, but since Schtruck was really busy on improving emulation speed, i didn't want to be a pain in the ass, i just reported them like 3 times only :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And now that emulation speed is PERFECT :) and we have OpenGL support, i think it's time to make Fpse look sexy :)

I still hope there will be custom menus for Fpse like there was on FpseCE
This... I will never forget :( :( :( :( Im putting this into my signature :)

"Only strength can cooperate. Weakness can only beg" Dwight D. Eisenhowe
1890-1969, Thirty-fourth President of the USA <--- he also had a D like Monkey D. Luffy those guys are everywhere :lol:

BlackArty
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Xperia PRO
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Postby BlackArty » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:43 pm

schtruck wrote:The new menu is very light but very efficient. In Example you won't have more file loader (cause freeze too coz of OpenGL destroyed) , if you want to load extern PAD, you'll have just to put your PAD skin into /sdcard/padskin and then press the button into the new menu called 'Load External PAD'.

Hello,
I have a question about the new menu:
Will it support the keyboard, like the old menu?
I have a phone xperia pro, but I broke the touchscreen and not being able to enjoy many features of your phone. But FPSe supports control from the hardware keyboard (arrows, enter, back) and I can customize settings and play games with it.
Please add keyboard support to the new menu, If there is no at the moment. Or leave the choice between old and new menu.

Thank you!

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:57 pm

New menu is finished at 99%, extremely fast and ergonomic.

into the next very soon version you'll see this new menu just from OpenGL video mode. In Software mode, old menu is there.

In Loader, Old menu is there too.

As you understand it's experimental, but so gorgeous. and just hope developpers will enhance plugin to fix differents problem like MALI400 before us :D

PS: and yes menu will be handable from Keyboard only.

zakalec
Primary Device: DEFY
Operating System: Android
ROM: cm7.1 stable by quarx

Postby zakalec » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:33 pm

Thank you for info Schtruck. Good luck!

Alimdoener
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Operating System: Android 4.0.3
ROM: Stock

Fpse on Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Postby Alimdoener » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:12 am

I can't install Fpse on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus (stock Android 4.0.3). It says the device isn't compatible. Can you fix this?

Return to “News”