Fpse for Android News

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby schtruck » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:08 am

what is the message? anyway it seems that there is many beta version of ICS and someone reported by email it works like a charm and asked me to support native PAD (an easy solution for Xperia play Analog pad...)

Alimdoener
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Operating System: Android 4.0.3
ROM: Stock

Postby Alimdoener » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:31 pm

It says "Your device is not compatible with this article".
I attached a screenshot.
Attachments
Screenshot_2012-01-03-15-27-42[1].png
Screenshot_2012-01-03-15-27-42[1].png (262.58 KiB) Viewed 15464 times

Donny_boy01
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S2

Postby Donny_boy01 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:50 pm

Hi guys, I'm brand new to this so I apologise in advance if this is trivial and has been asked before.

So the situation is that I upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S2 in the last month (so I would assume it's running the latest Android version). I bought FPSE from the market, set it up with the BIOS scph1001.bin and booted up a copy of Jade Cocoon.

Everything played perfectly and it all seemed okay. Every time after this, however, if I try and load any rom from the menu (including Jade Cocoon) the whole app shuts down without warning or even a force close message.

Any help with this matter would be hugely appreciated, thanks.

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:36 am

Fpse beta update new.

The new beta works amazingly.
The new menu in opengl mode looks great.
If you use overlays
U need to convert the bmp to raw

Using bmp2raw exe.
And rename eg button0.bmp.raw to button0.raw and place
Them bk in the png folders
And you get a new option in opengl mode.
Pad sizes.
With i needed on my galaxy note.
Cos buttons was to small.
This option is going to be added in old soft gfx menu aswell.

Mali400 opengl mode bug is still there sadly
Catch ya later..
Galaxy note 9 exynos

Prfndhatrdofman
Primary Device: HTC One (M7
Operating System: Android 4.2.2
ROM: AOKP

Postby Prfndhatrdofman » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:10 am

Schtruck, running FPSE on Leaked ICS 4.0.1 On HTC Sensation. Just wanted to throw some feedback your way.

Emulator is functioning normally, aside from a massive slowdown if Dualcore boost is enabled. Seems other users who force the Second CPU online with SetCPU or something have major slowdowns during normal phone use, so it probably isn't anything to do with FPSE. Just figured I'd give you a heads up anyway.

Does the Dualcore boost force second CPU on?

molitar
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Sprint SG3 (Adreno 225)
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: FreeGS3 v0.1.0

Postby molitar » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:32 am

Phonejoy Analog not working.. If I do not select Bluez-ime IME mode than it will not connect at all to the phone.. so I use IME mode it connects but than FPSE will not connect to phone! I DO NOT see how anyone has gotten this to work because I sure can't.. How the HECK am I suppose to make this work? Why is their no easy selection for input for Phonejoy as their is for the other controllers? HELP!

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:54 am

For phonjoy, do not activate IME on bluez, because FPse works natively with it. if you activate IME, all interface between Bluez and FPse won't work.

Dual core option just force Drawing update into a new thread, after this is the system which manage Multitasking regarding Thread Priority etc..

if ICS doesn't like dual core option it's because there's different configurations about when second core is activated.

Finally, i decided to change more than expected for a release, but don't worry i have worked as hell and it's finished at 99,9 %

All interfaces have been replaced into Soft mode and OpenGL mode. and changed to a New File loader running into dialogbox to avoid any problem. and i'm proud of the results.

- Regarding the new version, there is somes regressions, not so much for now, but there will be added/fixed later.

1) Hats of analog sticks aren't drawn into software mode , because of refresh Problem, very difficult to make OpenGL and 2D drawing living together into same program...hope i'll find a solution soon

2) Pad free resising and free moving are off for now as well as Screen free resizing and free moving. Have to remake completely this part.

What's new to the next version:

- New framelimiter for soft mode, far better than current.
- Fixes into core for more compatibility
- Added support for External openGL plugin (the pete bernert peopsopenglgpu port), will be posted with sources here just before next release.
- Added Autosave function. will automatically save game when quitting fpse and load it when loading the same game.
- Overall new interface, much lighter , much faster,less bugged and easier to access functions. (in english for now)

Now, question is when?
Very soon, as my father usually said me when i was young, it has never been so close....
But i'd say, that it will take to my less than one day of works, packaging included.
I was just hoping that LDchen delivered his work for this release, but he's not ready.

molitar
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Sprint SG3 (Adreno 225)
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: FreeGS3 v0.1.0

Postby molitar » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:11 am

Actually FPSE will not connect to the controller unless I turn on IME. I found out that I had to manually set the hard keyboard to each button than it works.. but if I don't use IME than the controller never ever connects to the phone at all.

Now another question I have which I posted is how to get memcard to work? When I go to save in the game Chrono Cross it sees no memory card.. it will try to look for memory card to load but save option is not available at all.

D69K
Enthusiast
Primary Device: HTC Sensation
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: Alfaifi Sensation XE 6.0.1

Postby D69K » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:41 am

@Schtruck
Awesome work mate can't wait for the release, gotta see those sweet menus crualfoxhound kept talking about :)

sadly swap disc for multiple-cd games doesn't work
i don't know maybe it's because im using *.PBP compressed games.
when i want to change disc 1 to disc 2, i hit eject then i choose disc 2 and it shows a message "corrupted image ..." !!
always showing that, i have also made sure that disc 2 is not corrupted.

it gets stuck here ...

running latest version of Fpse on HTC Sensation 2.3.5 using my own custom ROM with bricked kernel 1.6 B7

i would gladly test any fix you want, if there is a quick fix for it in your genius mind here is my email m.alfaifi.m@gmail.com
and i know you love MSN so m.alfaifi@hotmail.com

if you think this would take a lot of time to fix then please don't pay any attention to it before you release this version
we waited so long for it i don't think anyone would want to wait more. <---- people are going to be pissed at me :roll: :roll:
"Only strength can cooperate. Weakness can only beg" Dwight D. Eisenhowe
1890-1969, Thirty-fourth President of the USA <--- he also had a D like Monkey D. Luffy those guys are everywhere :lol:

Rotkaeqpchen
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Motorola Droid 3
ROM: Stock 2.3.4

Postby Rotkaeqpchen » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:49 pm

The next version will be great, I'm sure. Looking forward to it.

BTW: What is LDchen woking on?

Thanks

Return to “News”