Fpse for Android News

mckimiaklopa
Primary Device: samsung Galaxy Y
Operating System: android 2.3.6
ROM: stock DXLF2

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby mckimiaklopa » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:49 pm

bluezeak wrote:What game(s) is faster and how is it faster? You know you can disable most of the audio options? Reverb and pitch effects slow things down. Or you may need to tweak the timing from the misc menu if you have the latency option enabled.

Mckimiaklopa
Are you talking about the opengl plugin or the blitting (default) plugin? The 'old frameskip' was intentionally put in for older/slower phone. I don't know of your phone counts as slower though... It may. See link below for release notes.

Schtruck
Did you stop updating the release notes thread? viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2034&start=2837

I always use The default open-gl es 2.0 blitting plug-in,although the effect can also been in old software mode.
For me,full scene 2d games and full scene 3d games (eg. tekken 3,crash bandicoot) run at full speed and smoothly(nearly perfect animation) by checking the framelimiter + frameskip(the first two options you see in the video settings)

If I check the same two options on games like Final Fantasy VII,VIII,IX ,Resident evil, Nba live 2000, chrono cross etc.....it also runs at full speed but unfortunately, animation is jumpy,choppy and jerky plus some objects ingame flashes rapidly typically making it invisible(battle stats in FF, 3d models in RE)

My point is,I wanted to play the above games smoothly while using the framelimiter + frameskip options since no kind of slowdown can be seen.......if you want,Ill post a video showing the problem
For now,I use the old framelimiter and old frameskip since it's smoother(but much slower unfortunately)
Oh,and sorry for my repetitive sentences...
I hope I helped

P.S .
I've observed that crash bandicoot and all other games was also jumpy and jerky on 0.11.68 when using the new frameskip but all was fixed in 0.11.69 and onwards.

Thank you everyone

mckimiaklopa

Postby mckimiaklopa » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:56 pm

bluezeak wrote:What game(s) is faster and how is it faster? You know you can disable most of the audio options? Reverb and pitch effects slow things down. Or you may need to tweak the timing from the misc menu if you have the latency option enabled.

Mckimiaklopa
Are you talking about the opengl plugin or the blitting (default) plugin? The 'old frameskip' was intentionally put in for older/slower phone. I don't know of your phone counts as slower though... It may. See link below for release notes.

Schtruck
Did you stop updating the release notes thread? viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2034&start=2837

Oh yeah,I forgot.
on FF games,i've reduced the latency,turned on spusync ,reverb and pitch.
(i confirm that turning off all audio options except spusync increase framerate but only a little)
Anyways,I always play with sound on(It's just beautiful)

mckimiaklopa

Postby mckimiaklopa » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:00 pm

Zehel wrote:I dont want to become repetitive but yeah even the latest version is considerably slower than my current one (0.11.69). I suppose this happens since the newer ones have higher audio quality.Mckimiaklopa If you prefer fps over sound quality downgrade since your cpu is weak. I found 0.11.69 much faster than 0.11.88 which i tried last week...I dont post often but your huge post moved me, so try 0.11.69 or request it from schtruck and i advice to keep backups of your version before updating, since the new feature will make the emulator slower for our outdated hardware...By the way i confirm that Chrono Chross was too laggy in 0.11.88 therefore USE 0.11.69. i am testing most of my library on newer releases and chrono chross is one of them.

I have titanium backups of old fpse versions(including 0.11.69)
This version is faster and smoother If I use old frameskip+old framelimiter but battle stats in FF are completely gone and chrono cross is still jumpy and jerky.....
Anyways,thanks for your suggestion

mckimiaklopa

Postby mckimiaklopa » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:05 pm

Here is a youtube link showing the problem on some of my games http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCwmuR40MSI&feature=youtu.be
It might just be me but I think its related to pre-rendered backgrounds,off-screen drawing, framebuffer etc.......
I'm using framelimiter + frameskip(the first two) in the video

GITech
Primary Device: HTC ONE Max
Operating System: STOCK
ROM: STOCK

Postby GITech » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:32 pm

GITech wrote:I'd like to see frame limiter options for 61 and 62 fps. I feel this will get rid of sound popping in FMV's. Grandia's opening FMV is the game I test that out on, and can really be noticed in the first 15 seconds when the camera is zooming in to the building as there is no loud instruments in the background noise yet.

Reply with a plus 1 if you like this idea too!

Thanks

bluezeak wrote:That seems like an issue with the audio plugin. Changing fps to fix audio may work, but that's not the correct way to address the problem don't think.

It seems like there may be a latency issue... Although latency usually makes the sound seem like it's skipping not popping... Schtruck spent a lot of time trying to fix his. Spu sync must be on. Then you can noble the latency option. Then in misc you should get the latency as low as you can. There's also the pics option which may assist (probably not).

As I reread your post I ser Thid I'd s FMV issue. Those can be difficult to address. I K ow in the opengl world a good number if the special fixes were for FMV's before the fix got rolled into the main code. Some of the special fixes are still for FMV's. The software emulation is really good, but i don't know if it has the FMV's perfect.

Well, what it is is that with (experimental OGL) frame limiter off FPSE gets 120+ fps, but with it on fps floats around 58-59 fps.

If the frame limiter could shoot for 61 or 62 it would then float around 59-60 or 60-61 fps, which I think would be perfect.

The 63 fps limiter option in ogles2 blitting is not good as that is too fast to be "normal" and so causes its own sound poping, not to mention the sounds tempo is noticeably too fast. So 61 and 62 fps limit option would be good for this mode too.

Please, thanks,
Jay

PS: oh, I also get the cheats loaded thing when setting frame limiter level and it always stays at auto with the new OGL.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:40 pm

you would like i change framelimiter tunning to which values exactly?

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:27 am

Lavoisp - I moved your post about issues either dragon quest vii here:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4436
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

foleyjo
Enthusiast
Primary Device: JXD S601

Postby foleyjo » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:33 am

schtruck wrote:you would like i change framelimiter tunning to which values exactly?

Could you do this for frameskip too?

Does anyone else have trouble with broken sword 2? I can't get it to play smoothly at all

GITech
Primary Device: HTC ONE Max
Operating System: STOCK
ROM: STOCK

Postby GITech » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:08 pm

schtruck wrote:you would like i change framelimiter tunning to which values exactly?

Options for 60, 61, and 62 FPS would be great.

Thanks schtruck! 8D

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:15 pm

Ok for now i m working on freezes pb encountered here and there. And the most famous freeze seems to be the one in ff7 at final fight.... But i understood and fixed it.
i m debugging two other games to fix other freeze and add this change on framelimiter then release an update.

Return to “News”