Fpse for Android News

mian
Primary Device: Xperia Mini Pro
Operating System: Android 4.0.4

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby mian » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:28 am

Hello Schtruck.

Again, thanks for your fine work :). I have only a question.

I've been testing version 11.88 on my xperia mini pro with android 4.0.4. One problem I found was while configuring the Multi buttons option.

It always crashes the emulator when I scroll all the way down in the key selection screen. Is this only on my phone or can you reproduce the issue?

Oh, and sound seems to work better in this version. Battle Arena Toshinden always had stuttering music in the previous version and it seems to be working better now.

Thank you. :)

Daemonax
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note II
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock 4.1.1

Postby Daemonax » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:11 pm

Mian is this if you go to settings > gamepad > overlay gamepad > enable/disable buttons and then scroll all the way down?

I have just checked that, it isn't crashing for me.

Have you tried clearing the data from the beta, uninstalling and reinstalling?

mian
Primary Device: Xperia Mini Pro
Operating System: Android 4.0.4

Postby mian » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:01 pm

Daemonax wrote:Mian is this if you go to settings > gamepad > overlay gamepad > enable/disable buttons and then scroll all the way down?

I have just checked that, it isn't crashing for me.

Have you tried clearing the data from the beta, uninstalling and reinstalling?

Hi Daemonax. Well, that's not it.

First go to settings> misc> multi buttons start/stop and enable it

Then, gamepad> multitouch> MULTI1> (then I press a button on my physical keyboard)>Then scroll all the way down in the key list.

Thanks for trying it :)

Daemonax

Postby Daemonax » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:12 pm

Great, I can confirm that causes a crash for me too.

I'm going to bed now though.

assassin2k
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
Operating System: Android 4.1 Jelly Bn

Postby assassin2k » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:51 pm

Hey, I've just bought an ipega wireless Bluetooth controller and got it working with bluez ime a custom version with hid installer that was made in xda forums. It recognises the analog sticks fine when I set it up in the config by mapping buttons to hardware keys but whenever I load a game the buttons and d-pad works but the analog sticks don't.

arturo800
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: secundaria
Operating System: android
ROM: crash bandicoot

Postby arturo800 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:29 pm

Phaedrus Nine wrote:News:
schtruck wrote:FPse 0.11.11 available to the market:
- Fixed Second Pad hardware keys mapping
- Fixed Hardware key mapping from OpenGL
- Added OpenGL 32bit renderer buffer option
- Added new options for OpenGL plugin to enhance emulation , like FF7 cursor, or Silent Hill Halo's Characters, and much more.

For example set Mask Bit for Silent Hill (A restart is necessary for this option)

Use 32Bits rendering for somes device, can be faster and un lock somes problems (restart too after set or unset)

Try others Options to set Cursor on FF7 and activate somes invisible stuff on somes games

i won't be available for a week, cya all in a week guys!

schtruck wrote:FPse 0.11.10 available to the market:
- New Video option for OpenGL plugin to grow compatibility (FF series, MGS etc..)
- New Trick found by 'Norin'for devices with OpenGL plugin and MALI400 GPU (Galaxy SII and Note),
- OpenGL plugin Updated with sources.
- New bios option into Misc menu. (to switch to HLE mode, just press back from the bios loader)

TRICK for MALI400 GPU!
you have alway to start with Tekken3 in HLE mode and then reach the Characters selection menu
after you can apply bios and load any game then save or load to switch bios in MISC menu load a bios by choosing file
Switch to HLE by pressing Back to the Bios loader everytime,
restart to apply without quitting or you'll have to restart the procedure.

Plugin can be downloaded here: http://perso.numericable.fr/schtruck/libopenglplugin.so

Source can be downloaded here: http://perso.numericable.fr/schtruck/pe ... psesrc.zip

schtruck wrote:ok updated to 0.11.7 with Fixed of OverlayS pad bugs that caused crashes.

i have updated openGL plugin with minor tunning , previous version was badly configured and there had somes freeze because The software Texture Garbage collector of this plugin had a too big value.

About External skins.

you need this tool:

http://perso.numericable.fr/schtruck/BMP2RAW.zip

just drag and drop bmp files onto this program, it will convert them to .bmp.raw, just rename them to .raw

Fpse need png file with raw file and pad.ini

You can choose buttons position by this way by modifying pad.ini

schtruck wrote:FPse 0.11.1 Available to the Market now.

Here are changes:
- Fix Framelimiter for GPU software to get better timing.
- Fix somes sound issue Like RE1, Silent Hill etc..
- Fix Einhender missing Polygons
- Fix Parasite Eve 2
- Added Autosave function.
- New Virtual Pad from Azerty16.
- New interface, lighter, easier, more understable, for now only in english.
- Support for external OpenGL ES 1.1 GPU plugin, actually a port of Peopsgpuopengl From Pete Bernett is available.

This port is experimental, know issue are compatibility problems with somes games, but many are really impressive.

Actually know problems with this plugin are:
- Crash problem with Mali400 gpu from SG2 (actually only Tekken3 is known to run well only without bios set)
- Small problem that can cause freeze on somes SGX540 gpu powered device when pressing home button.

other than that, work extremely well on SGX540, Nvidia Tegra 2 and Snapdragon 205 and surely 220..

Plugin can be downloaded here: http://perso.numericable.fr/schtruck/libopenglplugin.so

Source can be downloaded here: http://perso.numericable.fr/schtruck/peopsgpuopenglforfpsesrc.zip

To load opengl plugin, just run FPse into softmode, then go to MISC menu and into the bottom choose Load OpenGL plugin,
Quit Fpse and restart to Apply change.

assassin2k wrote:Hey, I've just bought an ipega wireless Bluetooth controller and got it working with bluez ime a custom version with hid installer that was made in xda forums. It recognises the analog sticks fine when I set it up in the config by mapping buttons to hardware keys but whenever I load a game the buttons and d-pad works but the analog sticks don't.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:39 am

Good news for everyone,

FPse 0.11.88 is now available to the Market, here is what's news:

- Fixed Audio Rendering engine, much Cleaner now
- Added automatic support of Native Gamepad 1 and 2
- Added Disable Navigation Bar for device without Navigation HW Buttons (Need ROOT, use Volume UP to a open menu).
- Added Full transparency for Overlay buttons, stay activated.
- Added new experimental full rewrited OpenGL plugin (Faster and Sharper). Switchable from Misc Menu
- Added Disable Native Gamepads support option from Misc menu, somes pad need it.

there is somes fixes here and there, like DUke Hazzard which work now in Software mode etc...

About the New OpenGL plugin, it's still in Work in Progress, but already good emulation, all have been rewritten, code is mode efficient, and 3D is much more efficient. This plugin can work in OpenGL 2.0 as well as 1.1, but for now only 1.1 is set, because 2.0 is not finished but should be available within a week.
This update will include the possibility to choose the ouput resolution like on PC.... will help getting better speed on somes devices...

Last, my Father is dead 2 days ago, sad time. God rest his soul. See you later dad!

Daemonax

Postby Daemonax » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:13 pm

The new update is great. Took a long time as I kept having controller issues, but we finally got everything sorted. The sound performance is great and the new OpenGL plugin is an exciting new feature. Plus not having to map my controller buttons now is great.

Thanks for the hard work Schtruck.

Primary Device: Galaxy S3 (I9300) Exynos 4412
Operating System: Cortex-A9, Mali-400
ROM: 4.2.2 CM10.1, 1280x720

Postby 6502 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:23 pm

No glitches in sound but latency is still too high. SPUSync=off is on par with older FPse versions, SPUSync=on is unusable (~+700ms).

R.I.P.
Last edited by 6502 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

omega007
Primary Device: R800X
ROM: 2.3.3

Postby omega007 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:27 am

I'm sorry for your loss schtruck, i hope you start feeling better soon

Return to “News”