Fpse for Android News

Elwood
Primary Device: SAMSUNG S3
Operating System: Android Jelly Bean
ROM: Stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Elwood » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:51 am

schtruck wrote:Ok it has been reported two bugs.

Audio track emulation is bugged . I need to bug a fix.

And i confirm that low end devices has serious lag so i need to seek and fix that and perhaps propose a low end devices profile.

NOOOOOOO!!! IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE BEST VERSION EVARRR!!!! TO WHOEVER DARED TO REPORT THESE IRRELEVANT BUGS... YOU DESTROYED EVERYTHING!

Seriously, I can't wait wait for the next "best ever" "300% faster" "smooth sound" etc. etc. version;).

FPSE is so shoddy, like someone built a space rocket from scrapyard parts. And then put some LAZORS, BOOST ENGINEZ, TURBOZ and other KEWL STUFF on top of it. And topped it with a menu that has only one goal: to confuse the user with a myriad of switches and options, none of which are explained, and most of them being completely redundant and/or badly placed in the labirynth of sub-menus.

You know, I made a promise to myself to never write on this forum again, but then, I just could not help myself when you wrote about the "best version ever" followed by the next pages full of the usual complains from users who downloaded it. Guess you can say that it's the price of progress, but how come when I update any other emu(both paid and free), I don't have that same strange thougth... "Yeah, another "killer" FPSE update...I wonder what went wrong THIS TIME" ;)

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:49 pm

i'm preparing a new version now...

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:18 pm

OK pushed 0.11.148 with only fixes, no new feature...

FPse 0.11.148:
- Fixed Audio track playing click in sound
- Improved support of cue file with audio tracks
- Added Low end device profile from MISC/SYSTEM menu, it switch off Pad animation

THe cue file support was really bugged especially with multi bin files, now Audio tracks are well played, no click and play start and stop at the good position.

Akademicks
Primary Device: HTC One Max
Operating System: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
ROM: Rooted Stock Sense 6.0 ROM

Postby Akademicks » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:51 pm

vlad-srb wrote:From arround 60 betatesters signed, only 2-3 sends feedbacks regulary...

There's also lots of pressure from users to make it faster, add this, add that, and thats how FPse gets more buggy in time. I've suggested him to stop adding new features, instead, deal with known bugs. But bugs arent easy to fix . Sometimes they can be fixed fast, sometimes can take months.

And, of course, there comes menus 'labyrinth' problem. Complete menu redisign is planned, but after known bugs are fixed.
Therefore i ask from You, users and betatesters to help and provide feedbacks when Schtruck sends you beta or releases new versions.

Out of 60, only 2-3 really???? I'll post more bugs also, i've kinda been slacking lately too. :cry:
No wonder Schtruck haven't responded to my suggestions, but no hard feelings. Fixes comes first, then the good stuff. :D

If you want more testers, could you post that you're looking for beta testers when you push the newer version on Google Play? Also, provide a warning to the 50+ testers that's not posting and give them a 2 week notice, if that helps.

Akademicks

Postby Akademicks » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:11 pm

Just downloaded the new update, and i'm digging the new icon. It deserves a spot by San Andreas now, keep up the good work Schtruck! No, sound bugs in Tomb Raider!

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:06 pm

I'm sorry Academick, i need to roolback now to previous ICON as this one was just a test and is not finished,

i just pushed another 0.11.148 silently, as it's just ICON which change.

Next time it will be much better!

sananeyavrum
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: OnePlus One 64G
Operating System: Android 4.4
ROM: CM11S

Postby sananeyavrum » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:17 pm

I am using FPse on my OnePus One (Android 4.4, CM11S) and my "scanning storages" process is stuck since a couple of weeks at 0% and after a long time (30s-1m) it increases from 0-100% in about 5-10secs.

this guy describes the exact same problem:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2034&p=38312#p38312

I have 64GiB of internal storage which isn't even half full. I do not have many photos/mp3s. How do I fix this without disabling this auto-scan progress? thanks in advance.

Akademicks

Postby Akademicks » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:30 pm

schtruck wrote:I'm sorry Academick, i need to roolback now to previous ICON as this one was just a test and is not finished,

i just pushed another 0.11.148 silently, as it's just ICON which change.

Next time it will be much better!

It's no prob, it was nice to get a sneak peek. :D

sananeyavrum wrote:I am using FPse on my OnePus One (Android 4.4, CM11S) and my "scanning storages" process is stuck since a couple of weeks at 0% and after a long time (30s-1m) it increases from 0-100% in about 5-10secs.

this guy describes the exact same problem:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2034&p=38312#p38312

I have 64GiB of internal storage which isn't even half full. I do not have many photos/mp3s. How do I fix this without disabling this auto-scan progress? thanks in advance.

Have you tried uni/reinstalling or reset all settings?

sananeyavrum
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: OnePlus One 64G
Operating System: Android 4.4
ROM: CM11S

Postby sananeyavrum » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:24 pm

Akademicks wrote:Have you tried uni/reinstalling or reset all settings?

Yes i did. same result.

uninstalled/reinstalled: no fix
reset all settings: no fix

i do not have privacy guard activated on this app. (a cyanogenmod special feature to prevent apps from reading unnecessary privacy data).

Q8-V08
Primary Device: Nexus 7 2013

Postby Q8-V08 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:23 am

In the last few versions it black screens when loading a new game with opengles, the on screen controls don't appear either until a couple of minutes later, switching to home or recents then back to fpse fixes it, could just be a problem with Adreno gpu.

Also when you quit a game it'd be better if it brought up the menu instead of you having to press the back button, it's confusing for new users as it just leaves you with a fpse logo screen, it also makes it impossible for those without hardware buttons or a controller that have enabled the no navigation bar option, whilst where talking about that option stopping and restarting the systemui service for some reason turns off your wallpaper leaving a black wallpaper instead, does another service need to be restarted as well to enable wallpapers?

Return to “News”