mindundi wrote:Hello, first off great job, but I'am usually very careful and wore a long time without updating FPse (due to the negative comments about updates) but now I decided to update to lastest version (unisntall before install by play store) and I have a problem with fps drops, about 4-5fps less than before update to the last version.
Also, when I go to set frameskip I can't find the frameskip "tunner", because default frameskip is too high and the game is heavily choppy (before update I remember set frameskip about 30 aprox, depending of each game)
- My device is a Samsung Galaxy Y (young) @1ghz, also I tested with stock rom and cyanogenmod 7.2 (a bit faster but not big deal)
- I use software mode <<no antialiasing filter, no opengl (because is too slow for "normal" devices) and mostly time muted (also before sound was "bad" but I don't care about the sound, I just want play)>>
any help please?
I checked a few changelog here: viewtopic.php?p=24904#p24904 (don't appear all versions :S) and I see you have working hard on sound:- Fixed Tempo and 'Click' in sound streamed, now sound is very clear in FPse!
- Fixed sound rendering, highly enhanced
- Fix in sound engine which result in
- Perfect sound and tempo!!!
- New Sound option 'Reduce Latency'
- Fixed Sound engine, far better now
- Fixed sound! really perfect now! especially if you set SPUSYNC from audio menu
- change Fix distortion by Enhance sound emulation which can bring better sound emulation
- Highly enhanced sound when SPUSYNC is set
- Fixed Sound stuttering, stream are now smoother
but I still have the choppy sound on v76, but like I said, the sound is not problem for me, I can play without sound, just the gameplay.
Tried using Old Frameskip and Old Framelimiter?