schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby schtruck » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:34 am

Just pushed FPse 0.11.91 to the market:
- Fixed crash when emu is longtime in background.
- Managing Plugin Update more smartly.
- Added opengl game profiles. (no need to restart FPse, but sometime Game restart will be necessary)
- Fixed cover detection.
- Fixed shortcuts creation when no cover's found.

Games can have their own OpenGL configuration... and you can change profiles configs like mgs....

About Plugins update, they will be downloaded only if necessary, not everytime at each update.

miky1989
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S i9000
Operating System: Android 4.1.2
ROM: CyanogenMod 10

Postby miky1989 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:21 am

Can i ask one question?
On the Galaxy S i9000 OpenGL don't work?

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:45 am

it should works.

Carter07
Primary Device: Acer Metal S120
Operating System: Android Gingerbread
ROM: stock

Postby Carter07 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:55 pm

Thanks, now i can play mgs1 at near fullspeed in opengl, graphics is very nice!
Can't wait updated opengl plugin with gles2.0 features, I hope slowdowns will get better.

New player
Primary Device: Galaxy Note

Postby New player » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:21 pm

schtruck

FPse 0.11.91 Changes:

if using OpenGL experimental

video setting can't change (setup) before load game >> force close ..but it work if load game and setup video setting

it take time for me !

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:42 pm

yes, fpse will check which version is installed and if plugin update is necessary.

i check the crash with video option in main menu with experimental opengl plugin.

About video settings and opengl, FPse check if saved profile exist already, if it exist, then it apply the one stored , or it will check if default profile exist then apply. If default profile does not exist then it will just apply framelimiter.

Now when loading the game if you change opengl video settings, then when quit menu, it's saved for this game only. you see?

Pezito
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung GS3 (GT-I9300)
Operating System: Android 4.1.2
ROM: I9300XXELL4

Postby Pezito » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:44 pm

Hi there !

First of all, congratulations for this must-have emulator you've given us (well, not exactly given but you know what I mean ^^). Definitely one of my favourite Android apps ! I used to play with psx4droid but FPSE got me with its beautiful HD rendering and filtered textures. :)

I've been playing around with most settings, in order to get my favourite PSX games working, and I'm very impressed by the power of FPSE on my Samsung GS3. It runs almost flawlessly ! However... (you knew that time would come, didn't you xD )... While trying to get rid of some annoying hiccups in Vagrant Story, I wanted to try the Draw Thread Priority option - and couldn't !? Whenever I enter this setting, I can select a different value but when I close this setting, two things happen : 1) FPSE applies default config without me ever touching that line ; 2) the Draw Thread Priority setting remains unchanged.

Currently I'm having the same problem with the Frame Limit setting. If I try and select another value than "auto", as soon as I close this setting : 1) a totally unrelated menu option is activated as if I touched it (here it's "choose save states folder") ; and 2) my new Frame Limit setting isn't saved, it's still on "auto".

I tried backing up all config files, then access the backups with a text editor, modify the .ini config files and reinject them in FPSE with "restore all files", but it didn't seem to work ; the problem is I don't know which lines in the .ini actually match the settings I'm trying to change !

Well, that's about it. I'm still very impressed by FPSE for Android, and eager to see another update ! Keep up the good work. :D

mckimiaklopa
Primary Device: samsung Galaxy Y
Operating System: android 2.3.6
ROM: stock DXLF2

Postby mckimiaklopa » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:43 am

Schtruck ,please don't ignore this post. Btw,my device is a low-end samsung galaxy y with an 832 mhz armv6 cpu.
Anyway,I love the speed given by using the new framelimiter+new frameskipe combo in software mode.Using these settings on full scene 2d games and full scene 3d games would yield perfectly fast gameplay and animation.I always use this setting on games like crash bandicoot 3, tekken 3 ,tomb raider 4 ,all-star racing ,spyro 3 and bust-a-groove and its magnificently smooth without dropping a single frame.
Unfortunately,the problem arises when I use this specific setting on games that use pre-rendered backgrounds ,off-screen drawing etc.....
These games become typically unplayable not to mention having jerky and choppy animations .Here is a list of games that becomes unplayable using the new framelimiter+new frameskip setting.

Nba Live 2000 and resident evil 3- all of the 3d models and objects disappears and flashes rapidly plus it gives a very choppy and jerky animation.
Final fantasy VII - It becomes extremely choppy and jerky especially on the world map and on battles plus there is a problem with the cursor.
Final Fantasy VIII and IX- Extremely choppy and jerky especially on the world map and on battles plus the battle menus and stats become invisible and rapidly blinks like crazy.Not very playable.
Chrono Cross- Extremely choppy and jerky on almost all parts of the game(worse performance than other games)...not playable.
Rayman 2- I don't know why but this game is also choppy and jerky using the above setting.

While the problem arises on the mentioned games,I temporarily use the old frameskip+old framlimiter or the newframeskip+old framelimiter but unfortunately, the framerate is low(38 fps-45 fps on chrono cross and rayman 2)
It woud be a dream come true if one day,I could play the metioned games fast and smoothly

I know your busy and all,but please share your time into my problem.
I've been loving this app ever since I found it.I know my device is slow and crappy but this emulator for me has the potential to run almost all games on most devices at full speed.
I have high hopes for you and I know you can do it
Anyways,thanks.
Please give a response through this forum if you can look to it or not.

Zehel
Primary Device: xperia play
Operating System: Android

Postby Zehel » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:11 am

I dont want to become repetitive but yeah even the latest version is considerably slower than my current one (0.11.69). I suppose this happens since the newer ones have higher audio quality.Mckimiaklopa If you prefer fps over sound quality downgrade since your cpu is weak. I found 0.11.69 much faster than 0.11.88 which i tried last week...I dont post often but your huge post moved me, so try 0.11.69 or request it from schtruck and i advice to keep backups of your version before updating, since the new feature will make the emulator slower for our outdated hardware...By the way i confirm that Chrono Chross was too laggy in 0.11.88 therefore USE 0.11.69. i am testing most of my library on newer releases and chrono chross is one of them.

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4

Postby bluezeak » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:28 pm

What game(s) is faster and how is it faster? You know you can disable most of the audio options? Reverb and pitch effects slow things down. Or you may need to tweak the timing from the misc menu if you have the latency option enabled.

Mckimiaklopa
Are you talking about the opengl plugin or the blitting (default) plugin? The 'old frameskip' was intentionally put in for older/slower phone. I don't know of your phone counts as slower though... It may. See link below for release notes.

Schtruck
Did you stop updating the release notes thread? http://www.fpsece.net/forum2/viewtopic. ... start=2837
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Return to “News”