Fpse for Android News

Carter07
Primary Device: Acer Metal S120
Operating System: Android Gingerbread
ROM: stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Carter07 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:34 pm

Thanks.
But it's boring to re-deselect it every time I start the game, wouldn't be better to force settings only at the first start of the game?

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4

Postby bluezeak » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:51 pm

Schtruck, I'm so sorry to here about your dad. I hope all is well for you and your family.

About the new OpenGL plugin: I'm very excited! Especially about the opengl2 and the ability to set the resolution - those options should make a huge difference.

About metal Gear Solid - I haven't played that game. Are you sure mask bit is needed? From my research it should only rarely be needed. When i tested it with FF9 it made a very slight difference, but it KILLED performance. Alpha Multipass may not be needed bit it can have a huge impact on what's shown in the game. Its probably needed. OffScreen Drawing is probably needed. Frame texture is something that probably can be disabled. I'm pretty sure that's just a enhancement option. Further comments should probably be made in the game specific forum.
fpsece.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=737&sid=a0a7ca0126a1e39a24f6f18e470025e3

Schtruck - whatever happened with the possibility of an online tracking of the game options so people could log what options work for them?
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4

Postby bluezeak » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:09 pm

Where can I get information / advice on the spusync timing option? Is there a faq or a post about how to set it?

Schtruck, I have the same problems I always did with the sound timing in FF7. Terrible on motorola bionic, works great on the Samsung.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

omega007
Primary Device: R800X
Operating System: Android
ROM: 2.3.3

Postby omega007 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:37 am

I got the same problem as ever.

I believed the native pad support would have fixed this

when i use 2 controllers on the sixaxis tool (as native pads) on my GT-9300 S3 and set the keys for both of the players in FPSE, both controllers controls the 2 players at the same time, i can't have fpse know that even that they are the same button config, is for 2 different controllers.

fpse just recognises 1 set of keys as the same controller, cant differienciate pad 1 from pad 2,

i dont get this problem on any of .emu emulators (nes snes etc) just so maybe, you can check them out and see if you can have a similar way to fix this, the snes one is free at his site:

http://www.explusalpha.com/home/snes9x-ex/downloads

Daemonax
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note II
ROM: Stock 4.1.1

Postby Daemonax » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:02 am

>Frame texture is something that probably can be disabled.

I'm not sure about in MGS, but I've found that some graphical features in Tomb Raider and Wipeout 3 won't display properly without this option. I started a thread to try to document known graphical bugs (and fixes if any).

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4436

wolfie
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: note 2
Operating System: android

Postby wolfie » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:36 pm

can i downgrade my version of fpse? cause of the two updates , nothing seems to work. mdf files wont work, other formats then iso wont work. now i have to reformat all of my games great job guys really great job.

Daemonax

Postby Daemonax » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:43 pm

Wolfie have you tried clearing the data/cache for FPSE and seeing if that helps?

wolfie
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: note 2
Operating System: android

Postby wolfie » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:51 pm

yep. nothing changed. When i load an image i have first boot logo. then on second i dont have the plaustation logo and thats aboit it.

Daemonax

Postby Daemonax » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:05 pm

I would be surprised if this helps, but have you tried going to misc settings and disabling native pad support? It looks like a few people have had problems due to that. As I understand it disabling native pad support will utilize code from older versions of FPSE.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:15 pm

wolfie wrote:yep. nothing changed. When i load an image i have first boot logo. then on second i dont have the plaustation logo and thats aboit it.

are your disk image file have .mdf extension?

Return to “News”