Fpse for Android News

radji
Primary Device: HTC One M8
Operating System: Android 5.0.1
ROM: Modded/deodexed stock rom

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby radji » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:21 am

Anyone have any recommended settings for FPse with Castlevania SOTN?

I'm running it on my HTC M8 with Android 5.0.1 and while it loads and plays, there are a few glitches I can't overcome.

1. The music crackles and skips. I've adjusted the audio latency up and down. I've messed with the reverb and pitch effects and have fast cdrom boot enabled. Still crackled and skips.

2. I have it running on OpenGL because if I run it on software decode, the play screen is stretched to my full screen size. No options I've tried will restore the play screen to its original resolution or aspect ratio.

3. In OpenGL, some transition scenes cause the game screen to artifact black and white (only for a few seconds. Some areas of the game world also cause the black areas around the game screen to turn different colors (blue or tan so far).

Maybe there's an earlier version of FPse I need to use for my device?

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:35 pm

for the music, choose fast cdrom from system menu

about glitch in opengl, choose offscreen drawing from video menu

for stretching screen in software mode, the best is to use the powerfull options X and Y Ratio from Settings/Misc/Video

If you want 4/3 on you 16/10 screen, set value 83 to X and you'll have perfect 4/3 (calculation is (((10*4)/3)/16)*100)

This work in Software mode and Software HD mode.

Elwood
Primary Device: SAMSUNG S3
Operating System: Android Jelly Bean
ROM: Stock

Postby Elwood » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:35 pm

schtruck wrote:Now time to continue our new OpenGL plugin which has been delayed due to the bugged Adreno driver... for example on Nexus 6 and Android 5.1, Qualcomm has changed something into Shaders interpreter and it crashed on 0.11.162... dev life is hard.
Tested the old Nexus 7 running on Android 5.1 and it's incredible, in Opengl, where i had 50 fps before, i have now 120 fps with this new version of Fpse!
Good job Nvidia!

Will this affect all devices, or is the new OpenGL plugin meant only for GLES 3 capable phones? I think that Nexus 7 is too old to be gles3 so it's for everyone?

And why is Nvidia to praise? Are you talking about the 2012 Tegra 3 Nexus 7? No wonder since they have the best drivers... unlike Qualcomm. I swear that previous versions had my LG G3 running slower in OpenGL than my old Xperia Play - and not in qHD, but in a forced resolution that was lower than the Play's res... after the last fix it's much better but still not as fast as it should be IMO.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:48 pm

Yes i'm talking about nexus 2012, with Tegra 3, the speed is incredible in OpenGL now. and the best is the Nvidia Shield, i tested on Console and tablets and it's incredible fast, so that's why i say Nvidia did an incredible job.
Btw i tested Fpse 0.11.163 on my Xperia Play and OpenGL High Definition is now very fast, most of the time smooth. a simple adreno 205 is doing a very good job. The main problem is now that newer Adreno GPU's seems to have serious problems since Lollipop. i think it's because they based their new opengl driver on OpenGL 3.x and the OpenGL 2 and 1 wrappers are very bugged.
Qualcomm is investigating actually on the problem i reported, just hope they will be back.
Even if FPse 0.11.163 works on Adreno and Lollipop now, the result is far from what a Tegra processor can do. but i cross fingers for a fixed.
New OpenGL plugin is first based on OpenGL 2.x, but porting to 3.x is not a big problem.... so expect frst a opengl es 2.x and next a 3.x.

radji
Primary Device: HTC One M8
Operating System: Android 5.0.1
ROM: Modded/deodexed stock rom

Postby radji » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:16 am

schtruck wrote:for the music, choose fast cdrom from system menu

about glitch in opengl, choose offscreen drawing from video menu

for stretching screen in software mode, the best is to use the powerfull options X and Y Ratio from Settings/Misc/Video

If you want 4/3 on you 16/10 screen, set value 83 to X and you'll have perfect 4/3 (calculation is (((10*4)/3)/16)*100)

This work in Software mode and Software HD mode.

Set the Fast CDROM option from the system menu. Sound still crackling. Been playing with the latency setting too. Around 50, the crackling isn't as bad, but still noticeable.

Set the Offscreen drawing option and alpha multipass option. It cleared up some of the graphics bugs, but I'm still getting a colored backdrop around the gamescreen. I've also got frameskip and framelimiter (set to 60 fps) selected.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:21 am

Frameskipping is not good for somes games, in that case, try to use old frameskip which is less destructive but less smart.

if you still have sound crackle, do not reduce lantency too much, set it first to 200 then reduce slowly value until you hear crackle then return to the lasdt good value.

Btw the few games that use Sound interruption , like metal gear doesn 't like low latency.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:35 am

WARNING!!!

A chinese guy is currently spreading FPse over the Market with name "FPse for Android FREE"

Everything look like similar to FPse, BUT!!! this application is full of Adware and spyware! it's an old version of FPse (from June 2014) but it install dozen of APK and native services silentely.

It's risked to install it in your device. We asked to Google to remove it, but the Procedure take its time.

If you want to TRY FPse you must know you have 2 hours to test the paid version, if you uninstall FPse within those 2 hours you'll be refunded automatically.

thefitz
Primary Device: OnePlus One A0001
Operating System: Android 5.0.2/CM12
ROM: This is for Android OS ROMs, not game ROMs.

Postby thefitz » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:53 pm

People don't want to try FPse, they want a fully functional version for absolutely free.

If you made a free version, they'd complain about ads.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:45 pm

hehe true

and these same people if you ask them to come to your home to clean freely your house, they call you crazy man...

free yes , but just in one direction...

Btw i just fixed two small but annoying problem with last version, so expect an update in few hours,

mdf file support was broken
WHen loading savestate in opengl high def mode, you'll have stretched screen, but rotate screen fix the problem for now

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:40 am

just pushed FPse 0.11.164 to the market:

- Fixed mdf support file
- Fixed Codename Tenka memcard bug (US and EUR versions are playable now)
- Fixed stretched image when loading savestate in opengl mode

somes people reported missplaced object when loading savestate in opengl mode, and i think it's just stretching problem which is fixed now.

Return to “News”