Fpse for Android News

deltashock
Primary Device: samsung galaxy s5
Operating System: android
ROM: stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby deltashock » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:31 am

schtruck wrote:It seems somes cheats files downloaded are corrupted which cause crash . Can you tell me the number of the game with which you have this problem?

From the main cover menu stay pressed onto the icon to read the license number

Apparently I found out the cause why fpse force closed whenever I tried the cheat function, this only happens when I switch my video to opengl settings but when I just tried the default without opengl, cheats works fine, no force close of the app.

BTW

Happy New Year

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:21 pm

Ok i just pushed the first version of the year 2015 to the market!

FPse 0.11.161
- Improved speed emulation highly, from low end devices to high end.
- improved highly Audio emulation, all effects on FF7 are emulated! and much more!
Audio Quality is really good now!
- Fixed crash on somes devices when pressing icon game

Enjoy this incredible first version of the year 2015!

tested on many devices, and the speed is incredible, as well as stability, the sound emulation is now at a very high level, and if you lower the latency on somes device you'll have perfect sound! musics, effects, audio tracks, all are really good.

My Xperia play can play the game Spyro 2 perfectly in OpenGL without frame limiter! my Galaxy Ace run this game in soft mode with Frameskip and low end devices profile at a very good speed (never had this speed on it before)
And what else, hmm Note3, Note 4 run game in opengl without stutters, tekken3 full speed!

thanks for your feedbacks guys!

nordikwolf
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE 4G
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock 4.4.2 KitKat

Postby nordikwolf » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:17 am

Wow incredible! Happy 2015 everybody! Tested this version and I'm really happy.

Laska
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Motorola XT894
Operating System: Jelly Bean 4.1.2
ROM: Stock (debloated)

Postby Laska » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:10 am

schtruck wrote:Ok i just pushed the first version of the year 2015 to the market!

FPse 0.11.161
- Improved speed emulation highly, from low end devices to high end.
- improved highly Audio emulation, all effects on FF7 are emulated! and much more!
Audio Quality is really good now!
- Fixed crash on somes devices when pressing icon game

Enjoy this incredible first version of the year 2015!

tested on many devices, and the speed is incredible, as well as stability, the sound emulation is now at a very high level, and if you lower the latency on somes device you'll have perfect sound! musics, effects, audio tracks, all are really good.

My Xperia play can play the game Spyro 2 perfectly in OpenGL without frame limiter! my Galaxy Ace run this game in soft mode with Frameskip and low end devices profile at a very good speed (never had this speed on it before)
And what else, hmm Note3, Note 4 run game in opengl without stutters, tekken3 full speed!

thanks for your feedbacks guys!

Thanks a lot, man!
Happy new year!

NCxJorfapigo
Primary Device: Xperia Play R800i
Operating System: Android 2.3.7
ROM: Aurora Play 2.0

Postby NCxJorfapigo » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:15 pm

Which are the best settings for Xperia Play? I can't get it to run as smoothly as you say (I get FPS drop in some scenes in SoTN with 3D objects in soft mode) and the voices sound crispy... There's Crackling in the background...
And OpenGL mode makes Fpse crash and FC...

thewolf16
Primary Device: Galaxy Note 4, Nvidia Shield T
ROM: Stock

Postby thewolf16 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:49 am

Hey schtruck,

I've read on a virtual reality forum...:

https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=18673

...that you want to release fpse with a VR mode optimized for the Samsung Gear VR. When do you want to release this version? And will this version have head tracking enabled to that you can see a giant screen and either darkness surrounds you or a custom made retro room? (Living room, cinema, etc.) I mean something like that:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=sytBH9vfO9U

That would be awesome. :)

Elwood
Primary Device: SAMSUNG S3
Operating System: Android Jelly Bean
ROM: Stock

Postby Elwood » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:44 pm

NCxJorfapigo wrote:Which are the best settings for Xperia Play? I can't get it to run as smoothly as you say (I get FPS drop in some scenes in SoTN with 3D objects in soft mode) and the voices sound crispy... There's Crackling in the background...

First you need to overclock to 1.5 ghz. With that setting, most games run full speed either in opengl or 2x software hd. Also I don't get opengl related crashes on my xplay... try reinstalling the app, or maybe check if a different rom helps, see if your kernel is multiboot for easier testing, I'm running some custom GB rom iirc.

NCxJorfapigo
Primary Device: Xperia Play R800i
Operating System: Android 2.3.7
ROM: Aurora Play 2.0

Postby NCxJorfapigo » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:43 am

Elwood wrote:
NCxJorfapigo wrote:Which are the best settings for Xperia Play? I can't get it to run as smoothly as you say (I get FPS drop in some scenes in SoTN with 3D objects in soft mode) and the voices sound crispy... There's Crackling in the background...

First you need to overclock to 1.5 ghz. With that setting, most games run full speed either in opengl or 2x software hd. Also I don't get opengl related crashes on my xplay... try reinstalling the app, or maybe check if a different rom helps, see if your kernel is multiboot for easier testing, I'm running some custom GB rom iirc.

I'm using Aurora Play rom from XDA forums (based on gb) . I tried OC up to 1.6GHz and still gets frame drops... I'll try to reinstall it and run it with the default settings...

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:24 am

about SOTN sound crackling, if this happen, try to set Fast cdrom read from System menu.

About OpenGL crash, it can be a problem of memory available. try to restart your device, Xperia Play has only 512mb of RAM and very few free, on my side i got less than 60mb which is critical when you save that why for this for it's better to disable save screenshot from misc/ saves and set low end device mode .

IDSG
Primary Device: Ainol Aurora II
ROM: CM11

Postby IDSG » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:57 pm

schtruck wrote:about SOTN sound crackling, if this happen, try to set Fast cdrom read from System menu.

About OpenGL crash, it can be a problem of memory available. try to restart your device, Xperia Play has only 512mb of RAM and very few free, on my side i got less than 60mb which is critical when you save that why for this for it's better to disable save screenshot from misc/ saves and set low end device mode .

BTW shtruck, what "low end device mode" do? if i have a mid end device (1.3ghz dualcore 1gb ram) if better to enable it or disabled it

Return to “News”