Fpse for Android News

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby schtruck » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:27 pm

ok first someone has reported a regression and after somes research i can say that i need to rollback to old google sdk, coz the current one gives somes random results and make some problem with many games.

about the white problem in opengl, it's the textures that are destroyed by the garbage collector of the java virtual machine.

especially when you rotate the screen or access the menu, android do that to free somes unused memory... it's what it think, but it's a mistake. i need to find a way to avoid this. this happen when the free memory is limit especially when you use the boost gl, which is by default to normal.

Akademicks
Primary Device: HTC One Max
Operating System: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
ROM: Rooted Stock Sense 6.0 ROM

Postby Akademicks » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:21 pm

schtruck wrote:ok first someone has reported a regression and after somes research i can say that i need to rollback to old google sdk, coz the current one gives somes random results and make some problem with many games.

about the white problem in opengl, it's the textures that are destroyed by the garbage collector of the java virtual machine.

especially when you rotate the screen or access the menu, android do that to free somes unused memory... it's what it think, but it's a mistake. i need to find a way to avoid this. this happen when the free memory is limit especially when you use the boost gl, which is by default to normal.

I don't know what any of this means but, i'll try my best to help you out. I did a little research myself 8-) and thought that some of these link about the white textures/garbage collection/opengl would be any good to you:

http://androidworks-kea.blogspot.com/20 ... gl-es.html

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/pos ... opic=80078

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1391 ... -es-thread

Like I said, I don't know what any of this means but I tried. I'll leave the rest to the big brains and i'll stick to my web developing.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:15 pm

ok first i have worked on core emulation and found somes timing problem, and finally!! i fixed a timing that make Driver 1 restart game in mission/free drive mode working! i think much more thing will works better now. (IE: Mission impossible reworks)
I will work on memcard reading/writing encountered in somes games and will push a new beta.
this new beta is compiled with an old compiler version, so i need to give me feedback on speed compare to 0.11.150, if you see it's slower i need to know, and if you see it's faster i'll need to know too, to make a final choice.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:46 pm

ok i confirm the compatibility is incredible now, tested 350 titles (long ...), all run and without any problem.

i think it will be the best FPse version.

i'm currently fixing Soft gpu plugin to improve emulation of 2 or 3 games, and propose a new beta!

stay tunned guys!

Akademicks

Postby Akademicks » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:31 pm

schtruck wrote:ok i confirm the compatibility is incredible now, tested 350 titles (long ...), all run and without any problem.

i think it will be the best FPse version.

i'm currently fixing Soft gpu plugin to improve emulation of 2 or 3 games, and propose a new beta!

stay tunned guys!

Take your time, can't wait to try it. :D

Akademicks

Postby Akademicks » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:20 pm

Got another one for you Schtruck,

When I press Reset Game with Fast boot enabled, the Bios animation will still appear.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game: Resident Evil 3: Nemises
Video Mode: OpenGL
Video Settings Automatically Checked: Framelimiter - Screenfiltering - Frameskip - Special upload detection - Advanced Blending - Alpha Multipass - Texture Filtering- Busy Fix - FF7 Cursor fix

*Framelimiter is automatically unchecked in OpenGL. (Or one of the other video modes, I forget which one)

Main Menu doesn't show New Game & Game Config options unless you press left or right on the D-pad.

Options appears in Software Smoother Image - Software Faster Mode & Software HD

The Bios animation appeared like this during boot.

A black bar appeared on the right side of the screen during the intro. Disregard the extra stuff right side of the screen, I took a screenshot and scrolled over on the picture so you could see it better.

Last edited by Akademicks on Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

nordikwolf
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE 4G
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock 4.4.2 KitKat

Postby nordikwolf » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:33 pm

the whitened logo is because of Advanced Blending, and the menu not showing options is because of Alpha Multipass. Alpha Multipass should be fixed, since it makes some things not show, like these options and the blood pools under dead zombies, for example.

Akademicks

Postby Akademicks » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:53 am

nordikwolf wrote:the whitened logo is because of Advanced Blending, and the menu not showing options is because of Alpha Multipass. Alpha Multipass should be fixed, since it makes some things not show, like these options and the blood pools under dead zombies, for example.

Appreciate the help, just turned those off and everything appeared fine. Does the black bar appear on your intro screen when you use OpenGL?

nordikwolf
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE 4G
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock 4.4.2 KitKat

Postby nordikwolf » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:19 pm

I think it doesn't.

Akademicks

Postby Akademicks » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:20 pm

nordikwolf wrote:I think it doesn't.

It may just be the HTC One Max, another guy on here has one but I can't find his post to ask him. :(

Could you do me a favor, and play a game in OpenGL and post a screenshot?

Return to “News”