Fpse for Android News

thefitz
Primary Device: OnePlus One A0001
Operating System: Android 5.0.2/CM12
ROM: This is for Android OS ROMs, not game ROMs.

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby thefitz » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:52 pm

I have a feeling that these issues are related - the server hosting both this site and the DRM/plugins may be one and the same, and the server is having connectivity issues.

rubejb
Primary Device: Motorola Triumph

Postby rubejb » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:05 pm

Ah, that makes sense. I guess I haven't really been able to use it much since I can't DL the plugins, so I didn't see the DRM checks.

I agree that the checks are unnecessary and only hurt us, the paying customer, especially if things like this keep happening.

leglerreddin
Primary Device: HTC One
Operating System: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
ROM: Android revolution HD 51.0 sense 5.5

Postby leglerreddin » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:50 pm

After some posting about experiencing crashes, and a LOT of troubleshooting, I can now confirm android 4.4.2 can not run fpse without crashing every couple minutes, this is specifically kitkat 4.4.2, regardless of rom, settings,,kernel, anything. The good news is it is isolated to that build, as 4.4 kitkat and below will run fpse fine, just a heads up if anyone is using 4.4.2 and getting problems, you will have to downgrade to an older backup or flash another rom if you want to play fpse. On a side note I, like everyone else can download plugins, but only on mobile network, but since it can do it that's not a huge problem. Schtruck if you can address those problems that would be awesome.

Damoizgod
Primary Device: Sony Xperia tablet Z
Operating System: Android
ROM: Final Fantasy 7

Postby Damoizgod » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:41 pm

leglerreddin wrote:After some posting about experiencing crashes, and a LOT of troubleshooting, I can now confirm android 4.4.2 can not run fpse without crashing every couple minutes, this is specifically kitkat 4.4.2, regardless of rom, settings,,kernel, anything. The good news is it is isolated to that build, as 4.4 kitkat and below will run fpse fine, just a heads up if anyone is using 4.4.2 and getting problems, you will have to downgrade to an older backup or flash another rom if you want to play fpse. On a side note I, like everyone else can download plugins, but only on mobile network, but since it can do it that's not a huge problem. Schtruck if you can address those problems that would be awesome.

My Sony Xperia Tablet Z only has Wi-fi. This is of no use to me... A program just not working for over a day now is pretty bad.

thefitz

Postby thefitz » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:23 pm

I've tried every single mobile network available to me and I cannot download the plugins.

Damoizgod

Postby Damoizgod » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:01 pm

Using psxe... No choice.

rubejb
Primary Device: Motorola Triumph

Postby rubejb » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:11 pm

Damoizgod wrote:Using psxe... No choice.

Right, because waiting a day or two for an issue to get fixed is unheard of, especially when it's only one person looking into the matters.

I get it, people expect everything to work perfectly all the time. So when any little thing goes wrong they start throwing fits. No one can be patient any more.

I tried ePSXe a while back, and while it worked perfectly well, I didn't care for a few of the differences between the two emulators so I stuck with this one. And since I'm a rational person, I can give the dev the (most likely) short time it will take to fix it.

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:22 pm

Fpse don't crash on my galaxy note 2 gt n7100
Running unofficial CyanogenMod 4.4.2.

I can confirm there is a WiFi bug restricting me using fpse to download plugins and to access forum

Schtruck and I are hard at work trying to solve this issue out.

I post next if we solved these bugs out.
Galaxy note 9 exynos

Damoizgod

Postby Damoizgod » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:40 pm

rubejb wrote:
Damoizgod wrote:Using psxe... No choice.

Right, because waiting a day or two for an issue to get fixed is unheard of, especially when it's only one person looking into the matters.

I get it, people expect everything to work perfectly all the time. So when any little thing goes wrong they start throwing fits. No one can be patient any more.

I tried ePSXe a while back, and while it worked perfectly well, I didn't care for a few of the differences between the two emulators so I stuck with this one. And since I'm a rational person, I can give the dev the (most likely) short time it will take to fix it.

I'll go back to it once it's fixed. I'm currently playing on my laptop instead. The program was working fine until he attempted to fix what wasn't broken. People should rightly be miffed... I paid for a program knowing it would work.. I only bought it a few days ago with the intent to play FF7 now when I have the free time not whenever it's fixed.

thefitz

Postby thefitz » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:58 pm

It blows my mind that people seriously use the "I paid money and have expectations" routine with inexpensive and complex android apps.

They're doing the best they can and are looking into it. If you paid $50 for this app, i.e. the price of one game, then I'd be pissed off. You're getting a freaking PlayStation that renders in several modes in the palm of your hand for a few dollars. Be patient.

Return to “News”