Fpse for Android News

matthew.twin
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Xperia Z
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby matthew.twin » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:51 am

Hey guys, I'm not too sure on how far along the Open GL stuff is, but I'm loving it so far. On my Xperia Z though, I seem to be getting a few hick-ups with it, games are playable but the frame-rate drops and the sound stutters. In FF7 also, sometimes character pictures in menu's do not appear?? Thought I'd let you know, again, I'm not too sure on what settings to try out and haven't really had the time to go through them all as there must be thousands of combinations!
Also, with the auto-pad detection stuff, on the Xperia Z you can connect a Duel Shock 3 pad without using the 'six-axis' app now, however, when I do it this way and just turn bluetooth on and allow the pad to connect, some of the buttons don't work in FPSE so I have to map them myself, not that its too big an issue doing this I just thought I'd let ya know! On the pad, 'X' and 'O' don't seem to be registered, while pressing Triangle registers as 'O' and pressing Square registers as X. When I noticed though I just remapped every button so thats as far as I got with that. Chaarrrs.

helloworld
Primary Device: Xperia Play

Postby helloworld » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:08 am

i have a suggestion for the next update. is it possible for us to edit the game name in the menu screen where we can select games? i noticed that FPSE sometimes can't recognize the game so it doesn't have any title nor cover for the game and appears at the way top. i don't mind not having the cover as I can freely edit it myself from my sd card but having the game just bare without any info is somewhat bothering. i've noticed this seems to happen with some of the more obscure games as mostly popular games like ffvii or gran turismo seems to instantly seems to get recognized.

MrKaon
Primary Device: HTC One

Postby MrKaon » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:01 pm

Guys I need help
I've just bought Moga Pro controller but I don't know how can I connected it to Fpse
Moga Pivot cannot see FPSE app and I cannot find MOGA option in gamepad section.
Thx

Edit:
Sorry I feel stupid now :oops:
FPSE supports Moga Pro natively. :o

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:49 pm

i just made a special package to people who have sound problem. and for people who have device with high audio latency.

just download this plugins package then uncompress it into the root of your internal storage and run Fpse then MISC menu and reset settings.

now restart FPse.

Thanks for feedback.

made others fixes like SDcard detection on Android 4.3 and more for the next update

if people have good results, i'll try to find a way to include an option to switch to low latency plugin from FPse menu.

http://www.fpsece.net/fpsepluginslowlatency.zip

Wishmaster
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Sony Xperia Z
Operating System: Android 4.2.2
ROM: 10.3.1.A.0.244

Postby Wishmaster » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:43 pm

Schtruck, do you think openGL ES 3.0 could in any way improve the speed or quality of emulation?

igor_anta
Operating System: Android 4.1.2
ROM: SlimBean

Postby igor_anta » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:52 pm

Hi schtruck, first let me say that you're doing a fantastic job with this emulator. I've had it for a while and I just love it.

Now on to the bug that's bothering me. I'm running CM10 on my Xperia Play and after the latest update I have issues with the key mapping, namely the start and select buttons. While all of the other keys work as they should the start and select aren't recognized by the emulator and I can't get them to map properly when I enter the key config.

What could the issue be and is there a workaround?

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:37 am

I just pushed FPse 0.11.114 to the market:
- Added new plugins package with low latency audio support! Works perfectly with low end device now
Download this file and unzip into your internal storage, reset setting from FPse MISC menu then restart fpse.
- Fixed External Storage detection since android 4.3
- Fixed sticked Digital Pad bug on SHIELD,OUYA and Analog external pads

Any problem with this update? just go to your system preferences and Clear datas from FPse App.

About OpenGL-ES 3.0, we have to release first OpenGL-ES 2.0 which has been completely optimized and rewritten and will bring the Shaders feature which will add GFX effect and enhancing...

About Xperia Play button mapping problem, tell me the ID of your device using the CM10 please.

Next update : Full ECM files support and Dropbox support for Savestates and memcards.

igor_anta
Operating System: Android 4.1.2
ROM: SlimBean

Postby igor_anta » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:36 am

So my Device ID is a 16 digit number that shouldn't really affect how the emulator works... I guess. If you still need it I'll write it down.

The build number on the other hand, the one that shows in About Phone is R800i. Thanks for the continued support, keep up the good work. Cheers!

DaNGeR_GaMeR
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505
Operating System: android
ROM: 4.2.2 Stock

Postby DaNGeR_GaMeR » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:11 pm

schtruck wrote:I just pushed FPse 0.11.114 to the market:
- Added new plugins package with low latency audio support! Works perfectly with low end device now
Download this file and unzip into your internal storage, reset setting from FPse MISC menu then restart fpse.
- Fixed External Storage detection since android 4.3
- Fixed sticked Digital Pad bug on SHIELD,OUYA and Analog external pads

Any problem with this update? just go to your system preferences and Clear datas from FPse App.

About OpenGL-ES 3.0, we have to release first OpenGL-ES 2.0 which has been completely optimized and rewritten and will bring the Shaders feature which will add GFX effect and enhancing...

About Xperia Play button mapping problem, tell me the ID of your device using the CM10 please.

Next update : Full ECM files support and Dropbox support for Savestates and memcards.

Excuse me i have register in your forum to show you my problem with OpenGL i have Galaxy S4 I9505 and try to run (Vigilant8) on OpenGL but i seen big big laaaaaaaaag sure i search in here any one had my same problem and i found only one face it and i hope you tell me how to solved this problem
----------------
''Sorry for Any word was not understand to your mind my English not the perfect''

brujo5
Primary Device: galaxy s4
Operating System: android
ROM: 4.2.2

Postby brujo5 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:35 pm

tjx for new update.

Return to “News”