Fpse for Android News

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby schtruck » Thu May 16, 2013 12:25 pm

I just discovered that somes stupid guys have pushed many opengl configuration with all video options set.... but i don t know why???
Now i need to add an commit step to avoid such in the future ... very sad.

someone wrote le that chronos cross was freezing in characters status screen . I have fixed that. Will release shortly this version with surely others fixes.

mian
Primary Device: Xperia Mini Pro
Operating System: Android 4.0.4

Postby mian » Thu May 16, 2013 2:25 pm

schtruck wrote:
mian wrote:Silent Hill still has the map problem. I remember playing it fine a few versions back so it's a regression, it seems.

i tried and it work on my pal version of silent hill.

what version of silent hill are you using.

The american version. SLUS-00707 to be exact.

gamerguy80
Primary Device: Google Nexus 5
Operating System: Android KitKat 4.4.4
ROM: Stock

Postby gamerguy80 » Thu May 16, 2013 5:21 pm

anyone else have an OUYA and want fpse optimized for it?

Schtruck,

Do you know of the OUYA, is this something you may develop an fpse version for?

FPSZ
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Xperia Play

Postby FPSZ » Fri May 17, 2013 9:38 am

Hi,

Is it possible for implement a Screenshot taking button like other Emulators like GBAoid

Fuego
Primary Device: Xperia Play 4G (on T-Mobile)
Operating System: Android 2.3.3

Postby Fuego » Fri May 17, 2013 4:58 pm

With the last couple of updates, FPSE takes a little over 30 seconds to show the screen with the games and their cover art, if it ever comes up at all. Also, Xenogears does not show up on my Easy menu launcher any more, even though I can load it manually by selecting the file.

FPSE is installed in local storage and not on my SD, though my games are on my SD. I have an Xperia Play 4g with the stock android on it. I have really enjoyed this and have not had issues before now that I couldn't figure out.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

SaberClash
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Nexus 10
Operating System: Android
ROM: stock

Postby SaberClash » Fri May 17, 2013 7:52 pm

Hey schtruck. I just recently got a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone and decided to give FF7 another whirl after never getting opengl to work with FPSE on my Nexus 10. To my surprise the Galaxy S4 handles FF7 like a champ in opengl, however there is one small problem. Anytime you get into the battle screen, there's a slim banner of a duplicate window of the battle screen at the top of the game window. It's hard to describe, so I have taken screenshots of what is happening below. This happens on both portrait and landscape modes, as illustrated below.

What you are seeing does not happen outside of the battle screen, however. In menus and in the standard overhead view when walking around the game operates perfectly normal in both portrait and landscape modes. (See below for reference)

I am wondering if this has something to do with the window resolution, since you can see black bars where the game does not fully fit the screen in the overhead view. Perhaps in the battle view instead of putting black bars the game merely repeats itself for some reason. If there was a way to scale the resolution to fit my phone's resolution perfectly, I imagine this would get rid of the problem. If not, does anyone have any idea of another workaround that could fix this?

I should also note that this does not occur while in software mode, however I would prefer to use opengl so a fix would be much appreciated!

Thanks! :D

bananaclawz
Primary Device: Tmobile G2

Postby bananaclawz » Sat May 18, 2013 8:21 am

Can someone PLEASE help me with this issue?

I am having trouble with fpse on my Nexus 10 Tablet. The game runs fine with OpenGL ES Blitting settings, however that brings the game down to native ps1 graphics. When I use OPENGL plugin (latest or earliest), games run slow to a horrendous crawl. Now I believe I know the reason. I don't think it is possible to run fpse OpenGL currently on the Nexus 10 because OpenGL is upscaling the graphics to 2560 x 1660 native (N10 screen res), which is causing tremendous slowdown when you consider this + hardware comsumption of Console emulation. As such, is there any way to recommend a "Resolution downscale" option for fpse in a future release or is there already a way to do this? At LEAST to bring these psx games down to a stretched 1920 x 1080, which is still a great resolution instead of this (MAX or MIN) option we currently have.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sat May 18, 2013 9:52 am

we'll propose shortly a new OpenGL plugin which will propose to lower the resolution while keeping fullscreen drawing, this make FPse using much less video memory and be smoother on device with Full hd and more resolution like the Nexus 10.

i just pushed a new version of FPse because the External Storage scanner wasn't working on somes device like the Motorola Droids etc...

FPse 0.11.97 changes:
- Fixed STorage recognition on somes devices
- Fixed Chrono Cross freeze in Characters status menu with GPU soft plugin

in the meantime i have fixed the Cover menu building, scanning is much faster ..

bananaclawz
Primary Device: Tmobile G2

Postby bananaclawz » Sat May 18, 2013 11:21 am

Thank You.

I will wait on updating fpse, as I would like to play games with resolution slightly scaled down to still look amazing and be playable, but not scaled down to native PS1 (horrendous). (hopefully 1920x1080 is an option)

I want to recommend this to my friends who have Nexus 10 to purchase the app, but I can't show them the Emulator on OPENGL as it is unplayable and would turn them off. Oh, and also I am experiencing freezing in Tomb Raider when you start "New Game" and also, there is no music altogether. Although ePSXe android runs perfect in native, their OPENGL (defaut gfx config) options are nonexistent, unlike fpse.

I already purchased fpse and hope the best for this product :).

jjk9
Primary Device: nexus 7
Operating System: Android
ROM: stock

Postby jjk9 » Sat May 18, 2013 11:54 am

Does the experimental opengl work with ff8 at all? i know the old opengl plugin was very slow going into battles but the new one seems to vanish part of the battle background and then bring it back, flasing on and off. screenshot. the only video setting i have on is offscreen drawing, framelimiter, frameskip and print fps.

Return to “News”