Fpse for Android News

mian
Primary Device: Xperia Mini Pro
Operating System: Android 4.0.4

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby mian » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:36 pm

Hello. I'd like to report that the last update broke the silent hill map. It now appears cut in half and half of it is black, so it's unusable. Thanks for all your hard work shtruck! :-)

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:06 am

I'm having problems loading the bios. in opengl, when it's booting the bluetooth screen comes up asking me to choose a device. I cancel that, then it will load but I can't move the cursor. I can't select anything, and have to exit. In 'old software' and 'blitting', the bios crashes when it would go to the bluetooth device select screen.

Originally the 'native pads support' was on 'enabled' and the 'gamepad external' was set to 'other' (I don't know why, I have an icontrolpad but I had it disabled). First I set the external gamepad to 'disabled' and that didn't help. Then I set the 'native pads support' to disabled, and that doesn't help.

I haven't tried resetting FPSE settings or unisntall/reinstall ... yet.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Also, it seems the opengl still crashes when you set it outside of a game.

Also, the 'fore landscape' in opengl doesn't seem to stick.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

GITech
Primary Device: HTC ONE Max
Operating System: STOCK
ROM: STOCK

Postby GITech » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:58 pm

Hi schtruck,

Thanks for adding the FPS options for me!

But, two things:

These extra FPS limiter options would be most useful in open GL. can you please add them for Open GL mode too?

And, in OGL mode, FPSE crashes to home screen when backing out of video options.

Thanks again,
Jay

New player
Primary Device: Galaxy Note

Postby New player » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:59 pm

pony182 wrote:All I did was turn on my bluetooth on my phone, turn on moga pro controller (on HID - orange) and run FPse. After loading a game (Gran Turismo) I've got a message on the screen saying gamepad detected and it worked just fine. Then I turned on Vigilante 8 2nd Offense and noticed that the L2 and R2 buttons aren't working and I tried going into settings and mapping it but the app doesn't seem to recognize those two buttons. And I did not try the Bluez IME but thank you for suggestion.

P.S. I only have moga pivot app installed.

edit: From Bluez IME app description: "Reported NOT working with any LG device with stock ROM:" and I'm running it on LG Nexus 4 with stock so no help there :)

Also, I've tried ePSXe and I've got the same issue involving L2 and R2 buttons not working (the app isn't as intuitive as FPse and you have to map all the buttons and edit control settings). I know those two buttons work and controller isn't defective because I've tested them on MOGA Pro supported games such as Shadowgun and Modern Combat 4.

I try the moga pro A - L2 and R2 work but the analog L3=D-pad :!: we need analog L3 and D-pad work together differences ,

abd I try the moga pro B but L2 and R2 not work also analog R3

pony182
Primary Device: Nexus 4
Operating System: Android

Postby pony182 » Wed May 01, 2013 12:56 am

Yeah, I should have mentioned that there are two different modes for Moga Pro...

On Mode A - All buttons work fine; however, the left analog stick isn't working. You can only use the D-Pad.

On Mode B - Everything works fine except for L2 and R2 analog buttons.

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Thu May 02, 2013 4:51 am

GITech wrote:...
And, in OGL mode, FPSE crashes to home screen when backing out of video options.

Thanks again,
Jay

jay,
that should only happen from the main screen. If you config OpenGL from inside a game it should work.

psxxx
Primary Device: HTC One X+
ROM: CM10.1

Postby psxxx » Thu May 02, 2013 5:02 pm

pony182 wrote:On Mode B - Everything works fine except for L2 and R2 analog buttons.

New player wrote:abd I try the moga pro B but L2 and R2 not work also analog R3

Does the right analog stick work on B Mode or not?

Gabotronic
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: LG Nexus 4
Operating System: Android 4.2.2 Root

Postby Gabotronic » Thu May 02, 2013 5:33 pm

FPse 0.11.93 changes:
- Added more Framelimiter tunning value as requested

Hey schtruck,

I bought FPse yesterday, and I'm currently setting it up.

I read parts of this thread, about the Framelimiter and the values you added.

In my case (Xenogears on Nexus 4) I find it a bit too slow when setting up the Framelimiter to 63, but to fast at 70.
I would've liked to be able to test different Framelimiter values inbetween those two but I don't think it's optimal that you have to add them by hand.

Maybe it would be a good idea to, similar to the Audio Latency value, to give the choice to the user to enter its own Framelimiter numerical value, instead of having all of them listed.

Thanks for the awesome product and keep it up!

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Thu May 02, 2013 7:26 pm

gobotronic,

63 fps is faster than the game should run. 60 fps (ntsc) is normal. so, just to be clear, you're asking for a way to make the game run in fast forward mode ... bit not too fast, right? it are you saying that at 63 fps the game is still running slower than it should?

Schtruck did implement fast forward, implemented by touching the center of the screen. that may be too fast though.

the season 61-63 was implemented was because at 60 sometimes games will fluctuate at 58 or 59, which can cause audio issues. slightly higher FPA can fix the audio issues that come from slightly off fps.

Gabotronic
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: LG Nexus 4
Operating System: Android 4.2.2 Root

Postby Gabotronic » Fri May 03, 2013 2:27 am

Got ya.

The thing is, at 60 fps, the game runs fine but the audio is somewhat slower and a bit irregular. I listen often to Xenogear's soundtrack and I caught it immediately.

With the Framelimiter at 63 the audio was much better and the tempo much closer to the real thing, hence why I wanted to boost it a bit more.

I'll keep tweaking the settings though, the solution might be elsewhere.

Return to “News”