Fpse for Android News

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby schtruck » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:13 am

@assassin2k, try to restart your device (cold restart) and try to verify your device is not sticked to ECO mode, my SIII is many time sticked to ECO mode... even if it's not visible, i know it because i use a Tool to Read the CPU frequency.

Sarkie
Primary Device: Asus Transformer Prime

Postby Sarkie » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:42 pm

Hi,

I have a Nexus One since the past couple of updates I've had massive issues with the speed of Tekken 3 being at around 35 FPS, no matter what I tried, software or "OpenGL-ES 2.0 Blitting", "Boost High Res"
Just clearing the data has cured all my issues, just an FYI for people out there with old phones.

Boost Mode doesn't stick and Boot BIOS seems to crash for me.

Framelimit Tunning should be spelt "Framelimit Tuning"

If you got to Misc > Audio Latency Level and then go back to Misc. The menu items aren't correct, e.g. If you are in OpenGL-ES 2.0 blitting mode, it'll offer that, instead of Old Software.

Idea, if my OS doesn't support features, don't show certain menu options? e.g. I'm running 2.3.6, so don't show "Hardware Acceleration", "Switch Low Profile"

I was having a lot of crashes but by loading the .cue files seems to fix most of the games

Fifa 98 Road to Worldcup still seems to be crashing after loading the cd.

assassin2k
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
Operating System: Android 4.1 Jelly Bn

Postby assassin2k » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:25 pm

@shtruck I have tried restarting a few times and it makes no difference. If by eco you mean power saving mode, is definitely off. I don't know how to track the cpu but I can tell you that the phone seems to be performing at 100% as power hungry apps are running fine. Also some other psx roms are running full speed in openGL, just some now aren't but they were before the most recent update. Not sure what else I can try, but happy playing Resident Evil 2 while awaiting the next update :-)

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:36 pm

@Sarkie, i think you haven"t switched on Boost high res games from Video menu, necessary for Tekken3 and low/middle powered devices in software drawing mode.

Sarkie

Postby Sarkie » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:07 pm

schtruck wrote:@Sarkie, i think you haven"t switched on Boost high res games from Video menu, necessary for Tekken3 and low/middle powered devices in software drawing mode.

Yup I have :)

Like I said it didn't really improve anything till I cleared the Application's data, now its back to the speed of it was like when I first purchased it and I'm running fine with OpenGL-ES 2.0 Blitting" mode. Software Drawing mode is slower.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:27 pm

i think i have an idea of what's happenning with FPse and somes people who complain about speed or just no start. the main config file seems to be corrupted and FPse start in an unknown config... so all minimum options, that's why nothing can't be saved or even start etc...

i'll investigate on it to understand what could result into this corruption.

i'm currently working on a Local translation support,with a Primary Language list choice and the possibility to Change it later in menu.
I propose to anybody who's ready to translate FPse to its Native language, a Free Version of FPse + 30euros via Paypal.

here are details:
- Make your proposition by giving details of your native language.
- you are the first who ask it for your native languages, 1 person per language.
- you'll need to translate Android Market FPse Main screen, Internal help, and one file i'll send you which represent all Menus and Messages Printed by FPse.
- you own a paypal account, paiment will be done once translation will be complete and sent to my email.

For now English is available and will be the language source you'll use to translate.

onthebridge
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Motorola Defy
Operating System: Android
ROM: Cyanogenmod 7

Postby onthebridge » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:41 pm

Hi Schtruck! i am a Spaniard, i was born and raised here in Spain, so Spanish is my native language. I have also a C1 level of English awarded by the Cambridge University, so here i am if you want me to translate the emulator.

I didn't know if we were supposed to reply to this here or by sending you a private message, so i did both :D

deejayzee
Primary Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7''
Operating System: JB 4.1.2
ROM: AOKP

Postby deejayzee » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:57 pm

I don't mind to help to make a russian translation

Kasser
Primary Device: Galaxy S2
Operating System: Android 4.03

Postby Kasser » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:59 pm

0.63 is pretty bad for me and a major step backwards. I am really tired of mentioning Tekken 3 but it was flawless 30 updates ago (!) and is awful again - constant crashes in between fights (on the stage screen showing fighter vs fighter). It crashes everytime i play now. Sound is quite choppy too.

Looking forward to the next update and will NEVER update over older versions in Titanium Backup until i've tested new ones properly first.

If there's a chance to go to .62 (or even 0.28!) please let me know. Or maybe you have another update soon?

I do appreciate how tough emulation is, so any help on this would be great and again, will not update unless i really need to next time!!

Cheers!!

Sarkie

Postby Sarkie » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:04 pm

Kasser wrote:0.63 is pretty bad for me and a major step backwards. I am really tired of mentioning Tekken 3 but it was flawless 30 updates ago (!) and is awful again - constant crashes in between fights (on the stage screen showing fighter vs fighter). It crashes everytime i play now. Sound is quite choppy too.

Looking forward to the next update and will NEVER update over older versions in Titanium Backup until i've tested new ones properly first.

If there's a chance to go to .62 (or even 0.28!) please let me know. Or maybe you have another update soon?

I do appreciate how tough emulation is, so any help on this would be great and again, will not update unless i really need to next time!!

Cheers!!

Try clearing your app data and enabling Boost High Res in Video and see about speed.

Return to “News”