Fpse for Android News

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby bluezeak » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:32 pm

Ok, aside from testing on 11.46, I missed testing the previous versions. Here is my input from testing FF7 (on my old phone, specs is post above), mainly the opening credits audio, for version 11.50. This was mainly a test of the audio, using the default 'blitter' mode:

[list=]
- Sound is noticably worse than before. Both in timing and quality. It's not bad sound, it's just not as good as before.
- enhanced audio doesn't stick between restarting FPSE so I'm not sure if it's working
- enhanced audio - can't tell if it's making a difference, don't think so
- reduced latency - crashes phone FPSE back to new FPSE main menu, game doesn't load - but then I knew it would do that
[/list]
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Crugath
Primary Device: HTC One 32GB
Operating System: Android 4.2.2
ROM: TrickDroid 8.0.0

Postby Crugath » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:37 pm

bluezeak wrote:Schtruck - keep up the good work. You're doing awesome.

Absolutely. I'm blown away by how many updates that are put out for this emulator. I love how advancements are constantly being made to make the emulator better.

I know the reduce latency option for audio isn't working for me at the moment (or you either, bluezeak, by the sounds of it). But when it does, it'll be great. Or if it never works on my Galaxy S2, that's fine. I'm sure it'll work fine on whatever phone I upgrade to next (which won't be for a while, 2014 if I can help it)...

jacklebott
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android
ROM: Gingerbread 2.3.4 (Gin2JellyBean theme)

Postby jacklebott » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:41 pm

Reduced latency does not do anything to help the in-battle voices in Tales of Phantasia, when enhanced audio is also checked. The voices still sound horrendous, loud and extremely low quality.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:02 am

ok i did more experiment on latency, and will propose soon a tunning with High/Medium/Low, when low is really close to perfect, and about missing effects, it's because i did a small mistake,removed them in the lasts versions ,they should be set when enhanced sound is set from audio menu, but actually they are off. i make change / fix on Cheats , add this new Sound option, Fix the Sound effect, add a new popup which will print Last changes when updating to new version and then post this new version. i hope in the journey.

Phase
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy SII
Operating System: ICS 4.0.4

Postby Phase » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:13 am

bluezeak wrote:- Sound is noticably worse than before. Both in timing and quality. It's not bad sound, it's just not as good as before.
- enhanced audio doesn't stick between restarting FPSE so I'm not sure if it's working
- enhanced audio - can't tell if it's making a difference, don't think so
- reduced latency - crashes phone FPSE back to new FPSE main menu, game doesn't load - but then I knew it would do that

I can confirm, that on version 11.50 'Enhance sound emulation' option doesn't stick between restarting FPSE. This option actually is making a huge difference in FF IX - with option turned off the sound is very "dry", without any reverberations. When I turn this option on the sound is gaining depth, a lot of reverb is used in the music. I have to turn this option on every time I start FPSE - please fix it.
I haven't seen much difference (in sound and/or performance) with 'Reduce Latency' option, but I keep it on.

Crugath wrote:(...)It would be great if there could be separate settings for the overlay pad in portrait and landscape - being able to have different controls visible and change the positioning for each orientation. (...)
(...)Also, if possible, I'd like to have more granular settings for transparency, rather than the current disabled/low/medium/high it'd be nice to be able to set transparency to a percentage. So if I wanted, I could set it to the maximum transparency and have invisible controls.(...)

I think that's a really good idea, it's something I'm missing in a gamepad configuration. It would be great to set buttons only slighty visible, because even with transparency set to high the buttons are still a little bit disturbing. I just want to know where my fingers should be and it would be enough if they were barely visible.

Btw. I have noticed small openGL fps boost which is great! :)

Overall, FPSE is definately heading into good direction :) Great work schtruck!

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:07 pm

@schtruck

Got my samsung galaxy note 2 n7100 today.
Contact me if u need testing

To all mali400 gpu users.

There is no more crash on final fantasy 7
Using galaxy note 2. Very slow 8fps before entering battle
But it works.
Galaxy note 9 exynos

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:52 pm

You won't need it i think with the new version, tested listed games here to tune that small tempo problem and the result is now very good.

I fixed the cheats menu and surely the cheats problems reported.

Will release that tomorow morning.

Bored42
Primary Device: Xperia Play
ROM: stock

Postby Bored42 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:24 am

i900frenchaddict wrote:...once upon a time, we had to edit .ini files for almost each single game to play PSX on a phone, it was WinMo time :mrgreen:

Sound issues.......why the hell can't Android handle PocketIso compressed files with XAstreams and Audiotracks to MP3 :evil:

Id like that. That way I can have games take up less space and I would not have to buy another SD card just to add more games. :D

Luutarhuri
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S 3
ROM: Stock 4.0.4

Postby Luutarhuri » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:27 am

Nice :) Cannot wait :) Keep up the good work!

Kierek
Primary Device: HTC Sensation @1566 MHz
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: ViperS 1.6.3

Postby Kierek » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:20 am

I noticed HUGE performance drop with new versions (since 0.11.45). From about ~50 FPS to ~30 (with frameskip on). It seems to me, that mute option doesn't give boost anymore. It mute the sound, but doesn't stop FPse from rendering it.

Return to “News”