Fpse for Android News

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby bluezeak » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:11 pm

Testing analog ... it worked fine in ff9. When I switch back to digital, the icon for the control pad continues to look like the analog pad, but it functions like the digital pad. icon for digital pad is gone.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4

Postby bluezeak » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:13 pm

Shade, is ff9 slower for you in blitting? Did you try going back to 'old software' mode from misc menu?
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

shade
Primary Device: HTC Desire Z
Operating System: Android 2.3.3

Postby shade » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:56 pm

bluezeak wrote:Shade, is ff9 slower for you in blitting? Did you try going back to 'old software' mode from misc menu?

in OpenGL-ES 2.0 blitting mode after checking Boost high res games and restarting fpse with screenfiltering mode on, i get a 53-59 fps in battle mode (a sporadic slowdowns, but only if some heavy effect comes up, 43-50fps), constant 60 fps in explore mode (static backgrounds) and in open world 58-60fps

all problemes after update was caused by only that i didn't restart fpse after checking "Boost high res games"

Carter07
Primary Device: Acer Metal S120
Operating System: Android Gingerbread

Postby Carter07 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:41 pm

Carter07 wrote:Hi schtruck, on my side problems when using frame limiter + frameskip are not solved with this last update.

I have data of cpu usage in real time with an OSD (on screen display) and they are very interesting.

For example in Final Fantasy 9 I noticed these things during battles (in new software mode as well old software):
1) with no frameskip and no framelimiter game runs at about 42fps (cpu usage at 60%) when I hide battle menu I get 100% cpu usage with 90+fps
2) with frameskip enabled alone I get 90+fps with 100% cpu usage
3) with frameskip + framelimiter the game runs very slow (50fps but drops most frames) and cpu usage is at about 50%.

Overclocking cpu (single core) from 800mhz to 1200mhz doesn't affect fps when the cpu usage is low, so there must be a bottleneck somewhere.

@shade: I see you have an HTC desire Z wich has the same hw of my Acer s120.
do you have the same problem in FF9?

Bored42
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android

Postby Bored42 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:16 pm

I am now having the same problem again with point blank 3. It was fine the first time I started it up, but then it came back. I tested this a while back when I went into the controls option in the game. For some reason, it shows that I am using a guncon controller and then shows that I am using a ps1 controller 1 second later.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:27 pm

to tell you the truth i was surprised Point blank3 worked, because i never succeed, but it's a good find! if it worked one time this mean it's just a small bug, i will check it.

shade
Primary Device: HTC Desire Z
Operating System: Android 2.3.3

Postby shade » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:50 pm

Carter07 wrote:
Carter07 wrote:Hi schtruck, on my side problems when using frame limiter + frameskip are not solved with this last update.

I have data of cpu usage in real time with an OSD (on screen display) and they are very interesting.

For example in Final Fantasy 9 I noticed these things during battles (in new software mode as well old software):
1) with no frameskip and no framelimiter game runs at about 42fps (cpu usage at 60%) when I hide battle menu I get 100% cpu usage with 90+fps
2) with frameskip enabled alone I get 90+fps with 100% cpu usage
3) with frameskip + framelimiter the game runs very slow (50fps but drops most frames) and cpu usage is at about 50%.

Overclocking cpu (single core) from 800mhz to 1200mhz doesn't affect fps when the cpu usage is low, so there must be a bottleneck somewhere.

@shade: I see you have an HTC desire Z wich has the same hw of my Acer s120.
do you have the same problem in FF9?

well...
if we are talking about software mode (or blitting mode but it's doesn;t matter actually almost the same framerate on both except you can turn screenfilter without loosing fps on blitting mode)
i have the same issue in battle mode in ff9, when you pres [] to make battle menu disappear then fps are going sky-high but right now it's not such a big issue (you should check it with the early version of fpse, then there was a huge difference with fps (with battle menu you had almost a 50% less fps than without it) but Schtruck manage to fix it so the differences are not so big like before)
but for me it's not such a big deal but fixing it more to make it stays constant 60 fps would be great but right now iam happy with what i have :)
with framskiping on the games runs like crazy but animation is sometimes choppy and sometimes you can lost sight of some moves/animations (games runs very fast 100+fps)
with frameskiping+framlimiter game runs with 56 fps in battle mode with battle menu and without 61 fps (not so different for me, still animation is choppy)

gamerguy80
Primary Device: Google Nexus 5
Operating System: Android KitKat 4.4.4
ROM: Stock

Postby gamerguy80 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:09 am

I am trying trying to play alundra and the new. Opengl es2 blitting slows it down so I went to go and use old software and in the old software it looks as if screen filtering is always on ticking or nitpicking doesn't work so everything always looks smoothed out which is not what I want...

Carter07
Primary Device: Acer Metal S120
Operating System: Android Gingerbread

Postby Carter07 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:59 am

Going from 11.41 to 11.45 I noticed tekken3 lost 5fps with the same settings in new sw mode, i enabled "boost high res games", disabled "screen filtering" and restarted but fps went from 42-47 to 37-42 so not much playable.

In 11.39 tekken 3 with frameskip + framelimiter dropped too much frames, from 11.40 frameskip doesn't work anymore, fps with it enabled or disabled are the same (max +2 fps).

Ps: force landscape doesn't stick neither in the last version 11.45.

Bored42
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android

Postby Bored42 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:16 pm

schtruck wrote:to tell you the truth i was surprised Point blank3 worked, because i never succeed, but it's a good find! if it worked one time this mean it's just a small bug, i will check it.

It worked when it updated but loaded it again, and it stopped working. It never worked for me except that one time. I use an eboot file if it makes a difference, but I doubt it considering i900frenchaddict uses an iso.

Return to “News”