Fpse for Android News

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby bluezeak » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:10 pm

I believe that the new version will have the same graphics as the current version. It just uses a different android api which is faster / more compatible. we'll see.

I don't think it's possible to increase the resolution. The game is set for a specific resolution, and the graphcs are designed for that level of resolution. If you really want to see if it can be done / what's possible - check the PC emulators, like epsxe for PC. As far as I know, you can do different resoltions, but the higher the resolution to worse the graphics look. 3D graphics can be made better, but only if you use a plugin that can render then. And - if you do that you are make the game look BETTER than it did originally. Anyway - I don't know if it's possible to increase the resolution, but I don't think so.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:57 pm

The new OpenGLES 2.0 Blitter support the bilinear filtering, the rendering is better than Current Filtering available on ICS and Multi core devices.

But As that use shaders, we can imagine somes shaders to enhance Video like it's done in the Video player VLC. Upscaling with filtering. i'll make somes experiment.

icelaglace
Primary Device: ACEi (GT-S5830i)
Operating System: 2.3.6
ROM: XXLH3

Postby icelaglace » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:12 pm

and what about normal/medium mono-core devices? any performance improvement?
Broadcom VideoCore IV (1080p capable) on Samsung Galaxy Ace "i"(only i/c/m models), Samsung Galaxy Y, Huayu T968 and Alcatel OT979 3G WCDMA (adding support...)

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:03 pm

the new graphics will basically be changing the API schtruck is using to render graphics. Previously he was using 'Canva' - "the 2d android api". Now he's going to be using 'blitting', which is a way to implement opengl ES. I think it is primarily to make the 'filtering' software graphics option work better / faster.

So - the graphics should, specifically 'filtering', should work much better on ALL devices.

Schtruck - you're using opengl es for this. opengl es is the 3d engine. have you considered openvg? openvg is for 2d. even devices that don't directly support openvg may be able to use openvg when it is wrappep in opengl es. I don't really know much about it, I researched opengl es and openvg a little.

leon22heart
Primary Device: sony xperia neo with cm9
Operating System: android 4.0.4 cm9
ROM: fxp hallon cm9

Postby leon22heart » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:50 pm

I confirm that in tomba 2 , without the patch the sound distortion in characters voices disappears .But the other problems loading a save and background music persists.Using opengl with framesip+framelimiter +offscreen+spu synch +sound distortion

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:22 am

@i900frenchaddict

it's the case , FPse 0.11.40 have no more slowdown in FF7 and music is always perfect, this time it's perfect.

I haven't finished yesterday, so will do today. Stay tunned.

Carter07
Primary Device: Acer Metal S120
Operating System: Android Gingerbread

Postby Carter07 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:52 pm

deejayzee wrote:
schtruck wrote:@deejayzee , you are talking about slowdown, glitch, weird sound, but all of that is gone for me and many others, can you list here your configuration, the games you are playing, etc...
Are you well setting SPUSYNC to on? and have enhance sound is well off coz this last can cause somes glitch in sound.
fpse 0.11.39 is well the version you have?

result on all my devices even my old HTC HD2 are very good. perhaps the API i use is unliked by your system??? what is your rom?

I ain't talking about slowdown, all my games work pretty fast, some games run always at 60 fps, some run about 60 fps, but in order to get constant 60 fps in all games I need to use frameskipping. But enabling it together with framelimiter, makes most games unplayable, because FPse in this condition skips MOST of frames, and the image becomes very very choppy, though it runs 60 fps all the time. Here's the video about it http://youtu.be/G7reT2V_F2c. Maybe the new fpse don't like my system, but today i tried 0.10.63 and everything worked just fine, enabling both framelimiter and frameskip made Tekken 3 and all my games work smooth and always at 60 fps.
As for sound problems, I played Densha De Go! (v.0.11.39), I played the whole 1st disc of Metal Gear Solid (v.0.11.28, 0.11.34) and haven't had any problems, but Persona had sound weirdnesses in all versions of FPse no matter what settings I use, I just thinking about how to make a good video for comparison. In the last few versions spusync makes sound broken in all games, regardless system or video settings I use, but it's not needed by any of my games, so its ok for now.

My device is Amason Kindle Fire, cpu is Texas Instruments OMAP 4430, dualcore, overclocked @1200 MHz, with PowerVR SGX540 GPU, I'm running CyanogenMod10 ROM, though CyanogenMod9 ROM has the same frameskipping problems.

I have the same problem: when I enable fps limiter + frameskip a lot of game stutters, not so much like this video but it is noticeable and annoying. I have this problem in games like Tekken 3, Digimon Rumble Arena and Final Fantasy IX (during battles), when I enable only frameskip OR only frame limiter the games run smooth. In digimon Rumble Arena when I enable both the screen freezes for 2-3 seconds but the game is still running, it's just the screen that doesn't update. Framerate is always constant at 50 fps (PAL).

I have force monocore enabled, boost mode disabled, and tried with spusynch on and off. I use software rendering (opengl is too slow).

My device is Acer Metal S120 (snapdragon 7230 800mhz monocore, adreno 205, it's the same hw of Desire HD) with stock rom (Gingerbread).

Hope it can be fixed soon. thank you for your hard work!

xOx1141
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Sensation
Operating System: Android 4.0.3
ROM: OrDroid 2.1.1

Postby xOx1141 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:41 pm

Just use old frameskip and it will be ok

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:13 pm

ok another good new , i have tunned the framskipping of the Software mode and now it work very well with old machines, tested on Nexus One.

Have to make Two easy things and will release 0.11.40. I feels people will like this one.

I'd like to know if people with ROckchip processors devices can try to pass into OpenGL mode and send me the logcat, because there is the ID of the GPU which is a Mali400 which isn't recognized by FPse.... i suppose it's a new ID. the logcat store the ID, just when you switch to openGL, no need to run in this mode.

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:40 pm

xOx1141 wrote:Just use old frameskip and it will be ok

Old frameskip is only for OpenGL, and he's not using OpenGL (I was going to recommend the same thing)

Return to “News”