Fpse for Android News

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby bluezeak » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:15 am

support for compressed files would be awesome!

in fact, all the work you do, is great, thanks so much schtruck!

if you have time with all this work you're doing, I would like your help in understanding the opengl plugin. I wrote that huge post about it, but I still have a lot of questions about how you're setting match up with the settings from the PC version of the plugin. If you have time, please PM me.

I know there are several things that you're working on (thank you!), and I konw various people have posted issues that need to be addressed (mainly the S3 issues). I mentioned a while back about the control pad not working - icontrolpad doesn't work with opengl via the fpse built-in bluetooth. Some others have mentioned some issues with controllers as well, though I don't know if any of the things they've mentioned are as straightforward.

Thanks again for all your work!
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Kayann
Primary Device: Huawei Mediapad/Springboard
Operating System: Android 4.0.3
ROM: Stock Firmware/ROM

Postby Kayann » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:48 am

Ah, but what a waiting world wants to know (okay, just FF fans) is if we can get through a battle transition under OpenGL without waiting 20 seconds! ;)
(Thats at 4 frames a second during FF8 battle transitions. I know some do a bit better...)

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:31 am

Kayann wrote:Ah, but what a waiting world wants to know (okay, just FF fans) is if we can get through a battle transition under OpenGL without waiting 20 seconds! ;)
(Thats at 4 frames a second during FF8 battle transitions. I know some do a bit better...)

kayann, that issue is ff8 specific I believe and would require a game specific patch for the OpenGL plugin. See my post on OpenGL (for link see my signature), specifically the part where I talk about testing. I have that same issue when I pay ff8 on my laptop with the OpenGL plugin, but it fires away with the directx our OpenGL2 plugins.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:59 am

Hi all

As anyone got castlevania sofnt working on opengl mode.
It works on soft mode for me.

PS
New emu on play store
My boy! - GBA emulator

Catch ya later
Galaxy note 9 exynos

Rotkaeqpchen
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Motorola Droid 3
ROM: Stock 2.3.4

Postby Rotkaeqpchen » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:19 pm

crualfoxhound wrote:Hi all
PS
New emu on play store
My boy! - GBA emulator

Catch ya later

Man, thanks for this! A really great Emulator! Runs perfectly and fullspeed without frameskip!

aftershock
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock 4.04 Rom, rooted

Postby aftershock » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:17 am

i900frenchaddict wrote:so let's make things clear:

Fpse has always supported .Z games, but with a .Z ou need the .Z.Table to be sure it will work.

BUT most of the time, if you ripped sounds to MP3 when compressing your file with pocketIso, you won't have a big part of the sounds and musics in the game (mostly music) because Android still can't handle this. The game will work perfectly but no soundtrack.

Can someone tell me if this is still the case with regard to the CDDA soundtrack? I'm asking so I don't waste any more time trying to get it to work... many Thanks in advance.

If its not working that's my feature request please :-)

vampiroluc
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Asus tf201 transformer prime
Operating System: Android

Postby vampiroluc » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:20 am

In dual core mode, game crashes often & I get "Error detected" message and the system wants me to exit fpse & directs me to select force mono core. But its super slow in mono core...

Some solution? I have changed everything but nothing, I have bought and to play it

Asus tf201 Transformer Prime.

deejayzee
Primary Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7''
Operating System: JB 4.1.2
ROM: AOKP

Postby deejayzee » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:40 am

Can't wait for the update to come out on Google Play :-( Any ETA?

deejayzee
Primary Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7''
Operating System: JB 4.1.2
ROM: AOKP

Postby deejayzee » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:42 am

vampiroluc wrote:In dual core mode, game crashes often & I get "Error detected" message and the system wants me to exit fpse & directs me to select force mono core. But its super slow in mono core...

Some solution? I have changed everything but nothing, I have bought and to play it

Asus tf201 Transformer Prime.

For now the only solution is to play using mono core. To make fpse work fast in mono core disable screenfiltering

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:17 pm

i'm trying to reproduce this problem which seems to happen only on somes device with tegra proc, but i got one device with a tegra 2 and never got this freeze problem.

the freeze happen because the video buffer cannot be locked anymore to write inside the psx video memory. i'm able to check that, that's why i added a counter and if that's happen more than 50 times, i print the message. but you have to know that emu is still working, you can save using savestate and quit and restart fpse then continue with loadstate.

i hope it's fixed now for next version.

i delayed a bit this version because i wanted to add one important modification, and it's almost done. L1/R1 and L2/R2 buttons are now splitted on the screen and can be activated one by one. and i added L3/R3 onto the screen too... very important for games like Ape escape.

i hope to release something for this week end.

Return to “News”