Fpse for Android News

Simon
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S II

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Simon » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:52 pm

Could you add these new translations http://www.fpsece.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2377&start=10 to next version?

storm20200
Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1

Postby storm20200 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:48 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:Is that me, or openGL is fast enough ONLY for Adreno 205 owners and GSII owners, and slow for everyone else??

I can't even get games to load with it on.
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

optimus82
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Desire HD
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: Time Crisis

Postby optimus82 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:46 pm

Hi there, can anyone help me i have installed time crisis rom on fpse and have figured out how to use guncon (works fine choosing arcade mode etc) and i have mapped my search button to L3 for pedal control which works in game but when i press pedal to un-hide i cant shoot

any ideas?

optimus82
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Desire HD
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: Time Crisis

Postby optimus82 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:37 pm

Hi,

I have to hold search button to stay unhidden and i cant shoot n e way shape or form?

just reading latest notes on fpse on market place and they suggest mapping a & b buttons?? i.e A=L3, B=R3??

Clouds
Primary Device: DesireHD

Postby Clouds » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:10 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:Is that me, or openGL is fast enough ONLY for Adreno 205 owners and GSII owners, and slow for everyone else??

I have a DesireHD with adreno205 and it doesnt run smooth for me either (45-55fps) where i get constant 60fps (or 50 for pal :P) in every game in software mode.

I think the problem is the resolution. In OpenGL mode it seems to run everything in native display resolution (800x480 on my device) in addition to adding bilinear filtering. Where software mode runs in native game resolution (usually 320x240). Thats a huge difference. I think there should be an option for that, if thats possible.

Ima need help
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC EVO 3D
ROM: ?

Postby Ima need help » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:56 pm

Hello everyone, just a quick question, im trying to run diablo 1 on fpse, but im running into a problem, idek if its bc the rom, emu, or bios? i think it might just be a user end error to be honest tho, bc im new and all im not going to jump on this app not working.. BUT here is the problem in a lil detail..

phone: HTC EVO 3D
ROM: diablo.iso
FPSE: i got the paid version so i could see if that was the problem, seemed to do a whole lot of nothing for me.

i WAS getting the Error 2352 bytes sector, but i looked on forums and seen that pocketiso seems to work on some occasions. i DL it from this site..
all it did was get rid of the ERROR (Above), the emu will load to the PSX logo, and to where it just says PlayStationTM.. but will not load past, im really trying to find out if its the rom. but ive seen videos on youtube that (almost) proves its not.

any advice as to what i could try would be awsome. and a post from dev. ;) would be nice as (some1) or him self probably has delt with this before. but TY in advance to any help i get.

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator
Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:43 pm

@Ima need help

First off, don't double post, it annoys me. Even if you do want help...fast. (I've deleted your second post)

Secondly, I wasn't aware there was a "free" version of fpse, so getting the "paid" versions seems redundant.

Thirdly, it sounds like a bad ROM, fpse can be picky. Although I do remember somewhere about Diablo not running particularly well. But I could be wrong. I will try it myself and let you know, unless someone can enlighten you in the mean time.

Also, there IS a specific game sub-section for game specific problems. Try there also.

And a little more information is always helpful. Exact steps you've taken to get the error message.
"Learn everything about something, and something about everything"
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhaedrusNine

Ima need help
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC EVO 3D
ROM: ?

Postby Ima need help » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:07 am

Phaedrus Nine wrote:@Ima need help

First off, don't double post, it annoys me. Even if you do want help...fast. (I've deleted your second post)

Secondly, I wasn't aware there was a "free" version of fpse, so getting the "paid" versions seems redundant.

Thirdly, it sounds like a bad ROM, fpse can be picky. Although I do remember somewhere about Diablo not running particularly well. But I could be wrong. I will try it myself and let you know, unless someone can enlighten you in the mean time.

Also, there IS a specific game sub-section for game specific problems. Try there also.

And a little more information is always helpful. Exact steps you've taken to get the error message.

ok, veryy sorry, for double post, and to be honest i wasnt aware of the paid version untill i seen a video on youtube. :|
But heres how ive got this far i guess.. kinda makes me think i should just uninstall and try over..

1. i DL fpse (free)
2. got the bios (scph1001..?)
3. i Downloaded Diablo.iso from dope r... (first dl i think)
4. loaded fpse and set bios, tried to play rom, got the 2352 error
5. looked online and found out the "free" version is sh*t try to buy it.
6. i DL fpse (paid) i had to uninstall the "free" version to install.
7. loaded bios to new version
8. same problem.
9. DL PocketISO from site
10. compressed using P.ISO
11. goes to second logo *(PlayStationTM)* and stops loading
12. watched a video on trying to change the file type by changing the (file extension?) file name.
(changed Diablo.ISO to .IMG)
13. same problem gets to logo and stops.
14. i think thats as far as i made it. but if it helps i did try to change file to .img, .bin, .cue, etc.
15. changed it back to .iso with no relief.. BUT TYVM for ur time and help.

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator
Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:16 am

Ok, well by "free" version, I suspect you mean "Pirated" version. Unless I am mistaken there is not a free version of fpse for Android.

Either way, try the following:
Clear Fpse data in Android settings/application management/fpse and try again.

Make sure your file isn't compressed, it should say for example "diablo.iso", not "diablo.iso.ecm"

Turn on SPUsync in the sound menu of fpse - just in case. This sometimes helps. (This requires a restart of fpse to take effect)

Unless someone can correct me, I didn't think that pocketISO was intended for use with Fpse for Android, only FpseCE. Though I've never used it.

And there is the possibility that the game just doesn't work. Like I said, I'll try it.
"Learn everything about something, and something about everything"
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhaedrusNine

sonicfan
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Sony S
Operating System: Android 3.2.1
ROM: Stock

Postby sonicfan » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:23 am

Its running great on my sony s tablet. But there Is a little slow down In games I think. Running In software mode and open plugin. Other than that excellent worked.

Return to “News”