Fpse for Android News

dannejanne
Primary Device: Xperia PLAY
ROM: Stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby dannejanne » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:41 pm

I think people who only rely on save-states can blame themselves for the trouble. If you took at least a few minutes of your life reading on about save-states you should know they can be unreliable and can't be used bullet proof.

I never ever use them. I always save with the in-game method. I don't trust save-states. Why is that such a hazzle for so many people all of a sudden? It gives a bullet proof method of saving your games instead of relying on itchy save-states.

I think it should be stated in the readme instead that save-states are not to be trusted and to use in-game saves. The dev shouldn't have to take the blame for other peoples stupidity and lazyness.

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator
Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:04 pm

Paying for a fix is by no means illegal in any sense of the word.

The best idea might be to put an old version up for a day or two, like suggested. For people to back up save-states. That is if no one wants to email Schtruck for him to send you and older version personally. Though I can't see the problem with that option either. It might be prudent to use the in game saves, as well as save states in future. Just in case.
"Learn everything about something, and something about everything"
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhaedrusNine

zdubin
Primary Device: HTC Thunderbolt
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Rom

Postby zdubin » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:30 pm

How will backing up a save state in the old version make it usable in the current version. I didn't update FPSE and I still have the old version on my phone. How do I:

1) Back up the save states in the old version?
2) Load the backed up save states in the new version?

Thanks in advance

GameBoiye
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Sony Xperia Play - Verizon
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Postby GameBoiye » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:57 pm

zdubin wrote:How will backing up a save state in the old version make it usable in the current version. I didn't update FPSE and I still have the old version on my phone. How do I:

1) Back up the save states in the old version?
2) Load the backed up save states in the new version?

Thanks in advance

Load up your game, load the save state. Then find a save point and save to the actual memory card. The memory cards have, and always should, transfer from version to version. It's why I never use save states for perminent saves.

gamerr
Primary Device: desire hd
Operating System: android
ROM: gg

Postby gamerr » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:56 am

Constantly working to fix anything. But when I finally do have opengl, sound normal and not a growl? Out on some great graphics n64. I'm going away from you. For a year the project and no avail. Maybe a couple of years and opengl can do, but not before. Thank you and good luck.

suavethekid
Primary Device: Galaxy note 2, Motorola Xoom
ROM: Blazer rom, Tiamat

Postby suavethekid » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:50 am

gamerr wrote:Constantly working to fix anything. But when I finally do have opengl, sound normal and not a growl? Out on some great graphics n64. I'm going away from you. For a year the project and no avail. Maybe a couple of years and opengl can do, but not before. Thank you and good luck.

I hate this guy ^

fas0
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: p500
ROM: 2.3.3

Postby fas0 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:18 am

I register just to say thanks to schtruck; not only for Fpse, but for PocketIso and all this hard work. I have a p500 and most games are running full speed with bells and shine. I dont need OpenGL, in fact I think that may make lag and stuttering on my phone. But I have a request too. Please... Ban Gamerr...

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator
Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:45 am

fas0 wrote:I register just to say thanks to schtruck; not only for Fpse, but for PocketIso and all this hard work. I have a p500 and most games are running full speed with bells and shine. I dont need OpenGL, in fact I think that may make lag and stuttering on my phone. But I have a request too. Please... Ban Gamerr...

According to his post, if I understand it correctly, he's leaving. He won't be missed. If he is disrespectful once more he'll be banned.
"Learn everything about something, and something about everything"
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhaedrusNine

Rotkaeqpchen
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Motorola Droid 3
ROM: Stock 2.3.4

Postby Rotkaeqpchen » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:34 am

I bet he was drunk when he wrote that...

gamerr
Primary Device: desire hd
ROM: gg

Postby gamerr » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:03 am

I do not drink. Just make a first one then the other does not work. One makes the other breaks. I'm tired of waiting. I do not see much change for example from 0.10. I play the same at 0.10 and 0.11. Thank you for your attention to my person.

Return to “News”