beyond the beyond buggy battle mode

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
vahjahjikira
Primary Device: zte jasper
Operating System: android 6

beyond the beyond buggy battle mode

Postby vahjahjikira » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:29 pm

Jyst got newest version of fpse for android 6. However, the battle mode in beyond the beyond is still buggy. Workszx fine with one or two enemy on screen, BUT when an encounter with more than two enemy, the game ALWAYSZX load ALL battle spriteszx as flat imageszx. Tried many, many settingszx, but none fix emulation issue on fpse. Everything working on desktop emulator, so im guessing the messed up character battle spriteszx is an android screen processing error, or sumthin still off in the emulator for android to draw the correct spriteszx in battleszx. Anyone else having this issue, or have a fix / workaround? Save / Load state workszx ONLY to skip larger battleszx, and doeszx not fix the issue itszxself.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: beyond the beyond buggy battle mode

Postby schtruck » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:08 am

The same with advanced video mode?

vahjahjikira

Postby vahjahjikira » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:38 am

tried all video settingszx. nothing looking really promising, but ill try messing around with advanced video mode when i have time. i still think it is an android display problem, becuz in beyond the beyond, you have 5 in party, 2 monster display fine, thatszx seven, but any more than 7 battle spriteszx alwayszx load flat, probably trying to adjust scale to fit that many total characterszx is hard for android... any ideas with android 6 developer video settingszx? openGL didnt fix the issue either.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:23 pm

Can you send me a savestate gilet just before the buggy battle mode game start please?

At schtruck@gmail.com

Thanks

vahjahjikira

Postby vahjahjikira » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:55 pm

sent savestate fileszx. another small note here. if you complete a flattened, buggy battle, then go into a battle against one or two enemy, which normally is ok, the one/two enemy battle will be buggy, flat as well. that is best lead i have as to the cause, becuz if u do that, the same error should popup in both instance. perhapszx debug those situationszx, giving similar data, but as for a fix id have no idea where to start. i think this is also the same on tablet, even with the bigger screen, so i think it has more to do with emulator translation than android/screen to be honest. thought the flat fix in opengl video setting wud help, but nadda even with that. perhapszx an updated flat fix wud work, or even a game specific fix for BTB is needed. if uneed other fileszx, lemme kno

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:14 am

OK verified, it's a bug, i'm investigating now

vahjahjikira

Postby vahjahjikira » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:13 am

ya. good to know. just playing now., hoping it wasnt due to low ram on my phone, dont have a hi end droid, but i was just thinking that, too., lookszx like itszx a bug tho??

vahjahjikira

Postby vahjahjikira » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:01 am

enabling dynamic interpreter in system settingszx fixed the buggy battle mode 100%. however, interpreter also causes huge overall slowdown, and boost mode doeszx not work with the dynamic interpreter turn on. working now and mostly playable somewhere between 65-90 FPS id like to be able to run at steady 90 FPS with interpreter enabled. can we add a 90 FPS option in framelimiter tuning?

vahjahjikira

Postby vahjahjikira » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:09 am

interpreter lower FPS from 200-275 FPS to 70-90 FPS., HUGE DROP. any ideaszx for that? using fastest settingszx, already. will more phone ram or a better gpu raise my FPS?? i have a ZTE jasper, nothing powerful, but not weak either. guessing FPS drop is mostly due to using interpreter now

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:53 am

ok let me check and i'll fix the recompiler problem for this game

Return to “Game-Specific Help”