Final Fantasy Tactics control help.

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
Axiom
Primary Device: Nexus 5
ROM: Final Fantasy Tactics

Final Fantasy Tactics control help.

Postby Axiom » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:28 am

Greetings,

I am playing this on my Nexus 5, and i can cycle through all the opening text and adding a name etc fine hitting the buttons. Everything goes finer until the starting combat. After Gafgarion goes it is then your characters turn. So you select move then i use the joystick to move.. but I do not move the cursor, i move the screen. Well, I select the main character again.. I can move the cursor, but I obviously cannot move.

That is in Digital pad mode under Gamepad Type.

When I try to switch it to analog pad, none of the buttons work at all.

Any ideas?

Axiom

Re: Final Fantasy Tactics control help.

Postby Axiom » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:17 am

Anyone?

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:27 pm

Are you using a gamepad of any type? if so, does the game work with the hgamepad, just using the on screen controls?

This is one of my favorite games, certainly my favorite to play with an emulator on my phone. I've also noticed that if I set it to analog the controls don't work at all - on both my gamepad and the onscreen controls.

I have an iControlpad and it works fine with this game. So does the on screen controls.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Axiom

Postby Axiom » Sat May 03, 2014 3:40 am

thanks for the reply.

When the gamepad setting is on Analog Pad, I cannot move the cursor at all in the first battle.

When it is on Digital Pad, I can move the cursor but not select. I have to click on myself to get the blue range of movement fields to appear... then I can move the cursor. But then I cannot select a space for the character to move into.

I was thinking maybe there was a setting to chose to fix this, since I really do not want to by a gamepad since the main time I play is on the subway ride to and from work. So again, a gamepad would not be the best option.

Any ideas?

Return to “Game-Specific Help”