dead or alive

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
helloworld
Primary Device: Xperia Play

dead or alive

Postby helloworld » Thu May 23, 2013 3:33 pm

hi. i have been waiting for a while after each update for it to be fixed but it doesnt seem to be getting fixed so i wanted to ask.

whenever i play dead or alive (ntsc j) there is no music. there is sound effects or character voices but there is no music for anywhere. for example there is no music playing during the characters select screen and the actual stages. my game is ripped in bin/cue format and i have both files together. i dont know if its just my copy but i tried it on other emulators on my psp or pc and they both worked.

on another note i have also been trying to get tobal no1 to work but it always hangs on the now loading screen and force closes. i got past it once but after it all i hear is just sound while everything on the screen is just black.

every other games i tried work flawlessly.it would be great if you can fix these two games so that they are playable as well.

helloworld

Re: dead or alive

Postby helloworld » Mon May 27, 2013 3:16 pm

yeah. i tried both and the result was the same. its strange because every other sounds play (voices, sound effects). its just the music doesnt play at all for anywhere.

tobal doesnt even boot correctly.

helloworld

Postby helloworld » Thu May 30, 2013 1:03 am

hi. sorry for the late reply. i had to look for my copy of doa and re-rip it because i only had the pbp file.

anyway this is the result i get after i analyzed it from pocketiso.

- File Loaded.
- 250932 sectors found
2 Video found and 0 XA Records found within XA streams

also to make sure the audio works, i tried making it into a eboot conversion for my psp (the exact same rip) and the audio plays perfectly when i play it. no music missing anywhere. the music doesnt play though when i try it on my pc with the emulator and my android fpse.

helloworld

Postby helloworld » Thu May 30, 2013 5:34 pm

oh wow i never knew that the compression for fpse was the same as the psp one. i never noticed that both are pbp files until you mentioned it.

anyway i tried moving my psp eboot converted file into fpse and voila it worked! all the sounds now finally play from the character select music to the stage musics. framerate is a lot worse though (most likely due to the musics playing). i dont know why the other compressed file didnt work. they are both the same size and they are both from the exact same rip. i tried the bin cue too before for the older versions of fpse and sound never worked then either. very strange.

now i just need to get tobal to work. just a quick question, i noticed since both fpse and psp use the same compression format (pbp), can i play games that are multi disc and compressed into one eboot from psp conversion. for example i have final fantasy vii 3 disc combined into one whole eboot.pbp on my psp. would the game still play without switching disc on fpse?

thanks for all the help thus far. i really appreciate it! :D

helloworld

Postby helloworld » Fri May 31, 2013 2:48 am

yeah i remember back last year when I didn't use fpse often that pbp file werent supported. i thought that was too bad since the compression really helps in the long run if you put a lot of games. multi disc games especially ones that expand over 2 discs really save a lot of memory from compressing into one pbp file. i wasa pleasantly surprised to see it in the lter versions when schtruck updated it. probably one of the best features to the emulator.

i guess i will use my regular psp conversion program to convert to pbp for some of my multi disc game as the fpse compression can only compress each disc individually. cant wait to try out the multi disc games seeing as how the pbp would work.

also sounds like the next update will be awesome. i dont really use opengl too often because most 3d games tend to run at a medium framerate but still looking forward to it as i would love a speed boost to it.

hope schtruck continues to update it because fpse is definitely my favorite emulator on android thus far. best $3 i have spent in the market lol. thank you for all the help! :)

Return to “Game-Specific Help”