Final Fantasy IX

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
j146h
Primary Device: s3
Operating System: android
ROM: sph1001

Re: Final Fantasy IX

Postby j146h » Sat May 11, 2013 11:11 am

Hi every one I need some help on this unsure wether anyone else is having the same problem. I made a copy of my disk using imgbrn and I got a .bin file but when I load the game I get stuck on the 2nd PlayStation logo screen it probably a licence issue but I don't know how road get around this thank you. And I don't know how to patch it if that's what I have to do

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Mon May 13, 2013 1:15 am

yes, I believe that's what you need to do. do a search if the forums for patch and/or .SBI and you should find some direction.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

papychacha
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung GT-N7100
ROM: Final fantasy 9

Postby papychacha » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:04 pm

Hello everyone,

First post on those forums and bad luck it's because I have a problem :p
I'm stuck at the PSX logo even after downloading the .sbi, from redump.org, renaming it and putting it in the same folder as my .bin, .cue and .sub
I have a galaxy note 2 and i have tested several different openGL options but i'm running out of ideas to be honest...

To be more precise, Valkyrie profile works fine so the problem must come from FF9... I precise that i have the real game and my digital version has been downloaded from t411. It's a PAL one.
Maybe the problem is a compatibility with my phone ?

I really hope that someone will be able to help me here ^^

Thanks

pedpenguins
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Operating System: Android 4.2
ROM: Stock

Postby pedpenguins » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:07 pm

I think it may be a problem with your copy, because FF9 runs perfectly on my note 2 apart from the battle animation but thats the same problem for everyone.
make sure you've set your where your bios is and saved that as defualt settings coz whenever my FPse used to update it would forget settings like that.

keirdre
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Nexus 7 2013
Operating System: Android KitKat

Postby keirdre » Sat May 17, 2014 7:23 am

This was perfect for until the recent update. I can load my saved game, but when I move into a new screen or get sucked into a battle, it gets stuck on a black screen. Anyone else dealt with this before?

rufufu
Primary Device: Nexus 5

Postby rufufu » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:29 am

Hi all,

I'm playing at ff9 on my nexus 5 with opengl on.

I discovered that the emulation is quasi-perfect with the old frame limiter, the game is running at 60fps all the time, except on the world map (~30fps).

I am at the begining of the game, so maybe it is because of the mist.

Does anyone know how to improve the speed without using the frame limiter on the worldmap? When there is no mist, is it better?

Thanks

bagofcrap24
Primary Device: Google Nexus 5
Operating System: Android
ROM: SlimLP (Lollipop 5.0)

Postby bagofcrap24 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:08 am

Here is a quick upload of FF9 running on the latest FPSE for android as of 28/01/2015 with OpenGL enabled.
I'm running on the Nexus 5 using Android 5.0 (slimLP)
Settings as follows;
Audio - Spusync, Reverb effects, Pitch effects
Video - Print FPS, Offscreen Drawing, Alpha Multipass
Misc/Video/OffScreenDrawing Level - 2

I have left framelimiting off just so you can see the sort of decoding speeds you can get

Click me for video

radji
Primary Device: HTC One M8
Operating System: Android 5.0.1
ROM: Modded/deodexed stock rom

Postby radji » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:29 pm

bagofcrap24 wrote:Here is a quick upload of FF9 running on the latest FPSE for android as of 28/01/2015 with OpenGL enabled.
I'm running on the Nexus 5 using Android 5.0 (slimLP)
Settings as follows;
Audio - Spusync, Reverb effects, Pitch effects
Video - Print FPS, Offscreen Drawing, Alpha Multipass
Misc/Video/OffScreenDrawing Level - 2

I have left framelimiting off just so you can see the sort of decoding speeds you can get

Click me for video

Yeah, keeping framelimiter off does the same thing for me on my HTC M8 (android 5.0).

I can run the game, but the sounds skips and gets distorted sometimes.

I am currently wondering what the best settings are using OpenGL on an Adreno 330.

Elthan
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC One M8
Operating System: Android

Postby Elthan » Tue May 05, 2015 9:07 am

Does anyone know the best setup for a HTC One M8? Was running software mode, which ran fine but looked bad, until I made the change for OpenGL High Def, which looks so much better. I currently have the same settings as bagofcrap24. On the world map the FPS drops to ~30 and it has some trouble in battles, varying from 60 to 30. Other than that it runs at about 60 with some minor noise distortion at times.

tawalte2
Primary Device: Galaxy S5
Operating System: Android 4.4.4

Postby tawalte2 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:37 pm

I was messing around with this game trying to get better frame rates on the world map and noticed that I am getting around 100 fps when the framelimiters are turned off when on the world map. When they are turned back on this drops to around 40 fps even when hard setting the frame limiter to 60 fps and all frame skipping turned off. It is obvious that the hardware is capable of pushing 60 fps on the world map, there just seems to be an issue with the framelimiter that is causing a slow down.

Return to “Game-Specific Help”